Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

I know it sounds weird to ask the opposite of how early can we board. I wanted to know how late you can board in Tampa. Is 2:00 OK or too late? My fiance and I are on our honeymoon cruise and need a little extra time on Sunday morning.

I know it sounds weird to ask the opposite of how early can we board. I wanted to know how late you can board in Tampa. Is 2:00 OK or too late? My fiance and I are on our honeymoon cruise and need a little extra time on Sunday morning.

We just got our documents and it says "you must check in at least one hour prior to departure or risk cancellation of your reservation"

Sounds like 2:00 should be fine....:)

This maybe a dumb ? but what is a sound machine

http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=139073&PartnerID=FROOGLE&BannerID=PD677

They are great, we sleep with one with the ocean crashing all night. We finally remembered to take it on our last cruise and we slept the best we have ever slept on a cruise.

We are booked on the Legend on April 27th - Has anyone ever stayed in cabin 6333? We love aft cabins.

Anyone one know where the Legend is going for wetdock/drydock? I assume its a wetdock maybe in Tampa?

Before our Miracle cruise on 12/17, I thought I'd book the all-ports Victory out of San Juan for next December.

But I liked the Miracle so much (and had zero problems with motion sickness thanks to ginger & bonine), that I decided maybe I'd do the 8-night Miracle on 12/15/08.

Now, I've decided to book the Legend on 12/14/08. We haven't done a Western in a long time, and the only time we stopped in Cozumel, we did the Tulum tour, so saw nothing of that port.

I thought our Miracle cruise was pretty tiring, with 4 ports and 2 days at sea, and that's he only thing about this Legend itinerary that concerns me. The great thing about sailing at this time of year, though, is that you have the holidays right after you return, and, with us, we have no family obligations (just DD and I and we do the cruise together). The way I see it, I can rest after I get home!

I'm sure I'll like the Legend just as much as Miracle, if not more. I've looked at all the photos I can find and think she looks like a lovely vessel. I even think I'll reallly be daring and book a balcony guarantee.

We were told by crew members last month that the Legend will be drydocked in Nassau, Bahamas. Our waiter (Erik @ table 108) said the dining room staff does not stay onboard (no passengers), but the room stewards and the housekeeping staff DO have to stay onboard to work.

He wasn't aware of any major changes, other than 'lots of new carpet and fresh paint' in cabins and main areas!

We are sailing out of Tampa on Jan 27th. We are flying in the day before and have not arranged any ground transportation to the pier. Taxi from the Best Western? What about going directly from boat to Tamp airport - any recommendations?

http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=139073&PartnerID=FROOGLE&BannerID=PD677

They are great, we sleep with one with the ocean crashing all night. We finally remembered to take it on our last cruise and we slept the best we have ever slept on a cruise.

We are booked on the Legend on April 27th - Has anyone ever stayed in cabin 6333? We love aft cabins.

Anyone one know where the Legend is going for wetdock/drydock? I assume its a wetdock maybe in Tampa?

I can't help with cabin 6333...but we have booked 6264 (next door) for the week of April 13. This will be our first aft cabin:D

We are sailing out of Tampa on Jan 27th. We are flying in the day before and have not arranged any ground transportation to the pier. Taxi from the Best Western? What about going directly from boat to Tamp airport - any recommendations?

cringo,

We're also sailing on 1/27, staying at the Holiday Inn Express Rocky Point. Right now, we're figuring on taking a taxi from hotel to the cruise, and also taxi from cruise to airport. I read an earlier post that stated a $22 flat fare from cruise to airport. Our hotel is about 2-3 miles from the airport, so figure it shouldn't be too much more for that trip.

cringo,

Come join our roll call, We're starting to talk about arranging a meet & greet or two.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=577604

Sally

The legend is going to Freeport, Bahamas for drydock.

I spoke to Carnival today and was told no major changes. Only new paint/carpets etc. in some areas as well as mechanical maintenance. A week ago a different Carnival rep told me they will be installing mini golf. I guess we will find out the truth when we board.

No photos of the CO2 teen area, though the programs for the kids are not restricted to one area, they do activities all over the place. When we cruised on Legend's sister ship, Miracle, two years ago, there was a dedicated lounge/dance area for teens, but I honestly can't remember what age group that was for...it may have even been split up based on time of day. In any case I think the CO2 program is new since then. So I'm rambling for nothing...as usual.

I spoke to Carnival today and was told no major changes. Only new paint/carpets etc. in some areas as well as mechanical maintenance. A week ago a different Carnival rep told me they will be installing mini golf. I guess we will find out the truth when we board.

No photos of the CO2 teen area, though the programs for the kids are not restricted to one area, they do activities all over the place. When we cruised on Legend's sister ship, Miracle, two years ago, there was a dedicated lounge/dance area for teens, but I honestly can't remember what age group that was for...it may have even been split up based on time of day. In any case I think the CO2 program is new since then. So I'm rambling for nothing...as usual.

This will be mine and my new husbands first cruise (our honeymoon cruise!) Unfortunately we can't book until about 3 weeks before sailing because he is currently deployrf and when you deal with the military you never know when return dates will change so we have to wait on him to get back and find out his leave dates! I realize this will make my cabin selection a little more difficult. We are hoping to book a Balcony on Legend but I don't really know anything about which decks to book on and how that affects pricing?? I know there are extended balconies and balconies with obscured views and things like that but I don't know if one deck is better than another or which side of the ship is better??? Since this is our first cruise I was just trying to get some advice from some of you who have been numerous times before! Obviously we might have to go with what's available but I want to have some knowledge at least for any choices we might have.

Any suggestions or advice would be wonderful. Just a note- I have found these boards SOOO helpful in planning our first cruise- thanks so much to everyone who posts all the helpful information on here.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! We're going on the Legend 8/03/08. My husband, 3 daughters: 19, 17 and 14. 17 and 14 are wondering if they can go to the same camp together as "age wise" they're divided. Also, can 19 tag along with them sometimes?

I know with some drinks you keep the souvenier glasses, any other "freebies" we should look for? They're always fun. :)

Have a great trip!