Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

And why not?

I don't know the physics of it, but I think of it as looking at a "V" which means you get more side to side motion on the upper decks.

I know you get more motion in the bow when the seas are rough. Been there, hope to never be there again!

Cruise ships arn't in the shape of a "V" anymore.

Cruise ships arn't in the shape of a "V" anymore.

ummmmm, the Legend is! RCCL has a very blunt wide bow....very different when we saw it side by side with the Legend. But anyway, supposedly the best place to be for less motion is lower decks and midship.

BTW, I love your name! Cracked me up! People like us really NEED cruises!

Signed,

2kids1fiance2dogs4cats3ferrets&aguineapig!:D

Does anyone know if they serve red bull at any of the bars on the Legend? One of the people in our group is debating if she should bring some with her or not.

The Glory had them. Since all the food and drinks are the same across the line, I'm sure Legend will too. They had regular and sugar free, but they were around $4 each!:eek:

Lisa:p

The Legend (sailed in January 2008) had Red Bull. In fact, the roaming pool bar attendants' uniforms are the colors of the Red Bull can! In answer to another question, we docked at the International pier in Cozumel....and, I know this was a fluke and we were incredibly lucky, but I had booked only a balcony guarantee stateroom and we were upgraded to a suite!

Re the drinks served discussion: What is free? I think Iced Tea is free.... is it natural brew? Sweet or unsweetened? (My login should read Iced_tea_snob) ;->

What other items are free at dinner or bars?

Just booked our May 25th cruise - so excited!!!!

I am sailing the legend on 8/17/07. I have a few questions though.

1. Is there a fridge in the inside staterooms?

2. Has anyone been on the Legend when it failed to get back to Tampa on time?

3. How quick is the disembarkment in Tampa?

4. Has anyone been able to share a soda card?

5. How are the prices in the ship store?

6. Is there live music at any of the pools during the day?

7. What is the best way to call home from my ports of call- Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan and Belize

Can't wait to go. August is sooo far away.

Yes, they do offer classes. I took a yoga class. It primarily met during sea days. My DH has taken a spinning class too.

Go up by the gym the first day to see what is available and sign up for it in advance (although there were people who just showed up to yoga...but the room got tight). :D

As usual, the teacher appreciated the tips. :rolleyes:

Great! We love yoga! Are the classes held outside or in a room with big windows? Do these classes cost additional money? Thanks!

:D

I am sailing the legend on 8/17/07. I have a few questions though.

1. Is there a fridge in the inside staterooms? Yes, but we never had them unlock ours (they have drinks inside that they charge you for). We brought a collapsible cooler and kept it in the bathroom...asked steward to keep it iced, which he did!

2. Has anyone been on the Legend when it failed to get back to Tampa on time? We were on time

3. How quick is the disembarkment in Tampa? I wouldn't bother doing the self disembarkation...the line was VERY LONG and you're dragging your luggage.

If you have a flight before noon, they will tell you the day before coming back to Tampa where to meet and they get you off quickly. We were off the ship and at the airport by 10!

4. Has anyone been able to share a soda card? We tried that...went up at different times to get drinks (they didn't look at the name). But these people are trained to remember all kinds of things, so they end up knowing what you're doing! The place where we hung out (and I won't mention so the bartender won't get in trouble) worked well, though. After he mentioned to me that we couldn't really use the same soda card, I thanked him and gave him a nice tip. My club soda was free and ready for me whenever he saw me coming!;)

5. How are the prices in the ship store? OK. Booze and cigarettes are really cheap!

6. Is there live music at any of the pools during the day? At certain times at the main pool (midship)

7. What is the best way to call home from my ports of call- Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Roatan and Belize We signed up for International Calling for a month or 2 with our carrier...they can give you what the rates are from each port. We found out it is much cheaper to call when you are actually OFF the ship in port...

Can't wait to go. August is sooo far away.

You're going to have a wonderful time!!!! Awesome ship and ports!!! Do you have a Roll Call yet for your cruise? We had alot of fun in ours during the precruise wait, and then most of us met on board. I still keep in touch with some and our roll call thread is still alive (and we sailed in November!)

Re the drinks served discussion: What is free? I think Iced Tea is free.... is it natural brew? Sweet or unsweetened? (My login should read Iced_tea_snob) ;->

What other items are free at dinner or bars?

Just booked our May 25th cruise - so excited!!!!

There is fruit punch, lemonade and tea. The tea is not good. It's drinkable, but that's all I can say about it. If you are expecting fresh brewed, it's not gonna happen. The coffee is not so great either. But I drank it and the tea every day anyhow!;)

You're going to have a wonderful time!!!! Awesome ship and ports!!! Do you have a Roll Call yet for your cruise? We had alot of fun in ours during the precruise wait, and then most of us met on board. I still keep in touch with some and our roll call thread is still alive (and we sailed in November!)

Thanks for all the information. Yes, there is a small roll call for my sailing but it will probably get bigger the closer we get to the sailing date.

There is fruit punch, lemonade and tea. The tea is not good. It's drinkable, but that's all I can say about it. If you are expecting fresh brewed, it's not gonna happen. The coffee is not so great either. But I drank it and the tea every day anyhow!;)

Hot Chocolate is free too. That was pretty good, I had that at breakfast instead of the coffee which was not so good.

hey Krissy72 dont worry the legend is an amazing ship your going to have a great time. My girlfriend and I will be on the ship the same week your going it'll be our second time. The first was a blast. check out the roll call thread I just created.. hopefully we will have a few more members chiming in sometime soon http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=714478

Last I checked they did not have current ones. If you do a search on this thread you will find someone who posted some pictures of the capers from a couple of weeks ago. They had Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and part of Wednesday.

Does anyone know if the Legend has outside restaurant seating. DW and I sailed on the Ecstasy and loved the outside dining area seating.

Thanks for any replies.

If you are referring to dining from the buffets on the Lido Deck, yes, there is plenty of seating outside and in. The actual restaurant where meals are served is all inside.:)

I am driving my family to the Port of Tampa this Sunday.

I am planning on stopping at terminal 2 around 11:30ish and letting everyone out along with the all the luggage. Meanwhile I will park the van in the parking garage and catch up with them. Is this a good plan, if not what do you suggest? How long will it take me to park the car and meet them?

Can someone describe what happens once you are at the curb?

Thanks.

-FoF.

I am planning on stopping at terminal 2 around 11:30ish and letting everyone out along with the all the luggage. Meanwhile I will park the van in the parking garage and catch up with them. Is this a good plan, if not what do you suggest? How long will it take me to park the car and meet them?

Thanks.

-FoF.

The port area is nice around there....shops, etc...seems very safe. When you pull up and unload the luggage, they immediately take it from you, directly from the car. We took a cab in, so am not exactly sure about the parking aspect (have you posted this question under the Departure Ports area of CC?). But you can feel comfortable leaving the family there...there are many Carnival personnel around. From that point they would go to the sidewalk and get in line to go into the terminal or just wait for you there (which I'm thinking is the better idea unless the line is long by then).

Have a great trip!!! Love that cruise!!!:D

Thanks.

-FoF.

once you are at the curb, the porters will have your luggage out of the car before you can blink your eye....So make sure you have any bags you plan to carry on separated or they will be gone before you even notice. Your family can wait for you inside with no problem....it will take you no more than 5 or 10 minutes to park the car and meet back up with them. Tampa's embarkation procedures ran like a well greased machine when we where there.

enjoy you cruise:p

What time is the best time to be at the port?? What time can we get onboard?? When is the line usually the least?? We will be driving in the night before and look forward to being on as soon as possible!! Let the cruise begin ASAP!! We aren't going until June 22 but already can't wait!!:) :) :)

What time is the best time to be at the port?? What time can we get onboard?? When is the line usually the least?? We will be driving in the night before and look forward to being on as soon as possible!! Let the cruise begin ASAP!! We aren't going until June 22 but already can't wait!!:) :) :)

We got to the pier at around 10:45 and there was already a line. They wisked our luggage away' date=' we got in line and were in getting registered in about 15-20 minutes. We then had to wait in the waiting area for probably another half hour.[/font']

You probably shouldn't bank on being on the ship itself til around noon, no matter how early you get there. They have to get everyone off first and start getting things ready.

But the area around the port is nice...little shops and cafes (I didn't get too good a look just driving by), so you can always roam around a bit if you get there before they're lining up.

Have a great trip! We LOVE this cruise!!!:D