Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Wondering....

Did your sign and sail card double as a room key? Or was that separate? We are switching keys w. our sons, and was wondering how this was going to work! On a previous carnival cruise (holiday, older ship) we had a separate key card...

thanks!

Hey Laurie~

(Caught you on another thread!) YES, your S&S card is your cabin key. Just go to the Purser's Desk and let them know you are switching rooms, they'll take care of it for you. I've done it on 2 previous cruises with no problems.

Hey Laurie~

(Caught you on another thread!) YES, your S&S card is your cabin key. Just go to the Purser's Desk and let them know you are switching rooms, they'll take care of it for you. I've done it on 2 previous cruises with no problems.

Kim,

Will they hassle us bcz our sons are technically too young to be alone???

We'll be sailing in June and several members of our Roll Call would like to know what our "Theme Night" will be. I have heard that it used to be Hawaiian shirts, and more recently - bath-robes. Can anyone tell me.....which is it?

Franny,

I'll be watching for your review so see how you like it.

My dh almost jumped for joy when I told him he could wear shorts to dinner 5 out of 7 nights.

We're gonna wait for some reviews before we decide whether to sign up for anytime dining. We've leaving it traditional for the time being.

Waiting for some reviews--like yours :D

Happy Sails

Poptart: I too will wait for reviews to roll in before I switch. Right now I'll keep traditional late seating.

My kids were thrilled about the new dress code. I was particularly thrilled I don't have to take my teens shopping for dress clothes they won't get much use out of :) This will make packing much simpler so I'm happy :) My DH always wears pants and a collared shirt/polo to any restaurant, unless we're on a beach or such, and wasn't thrilled at the thought of what he'll be seeing in the dining room. But he also felt this new dress code was bound to happen now that so many people cruise and at least it will make for easier/lighter packing now that so many airlines are charging extra for bags.

My husband and I will be sailing on the Legend August 24 and I have kind of a strange question. I have been on 2 previous cruises, 1st on the Navigator of the Seas and more recently on the Crown Princess, now I know that these ships are larger than the Legend so I was wondering if there is a major difference on the amount of rocking and rolling onboard the Legend versus the larger ships. I have never been seasick or suffered from any type of motion sickness, but my ocd's have kicked in and I am now stressing over whether I will get seasick this trip.

Poptart: I too will wait for reviews to roll in before I switch. Right now I'll keep traditional late seating.

My DH always wears pants and a collared shirt/polo to any restaurant, unless we're on a beach or such, and wasn't thrilled at the thought of what he'll be seeing in the dining room. QUOTE]

my dh is so funny and was so excited about the shorts in the dining room--if it's above 60 you'll find him in shorts (except church) and he always wears short sleeved shirts.

He has severe arthritis and he says pants hurt his knees and long sleeved shirts hurt his elbows.

sound weird to me BUT that is what he claims. He also doesn't like the blankets on his feet at night--same reason--it hurts.

anyway cruising the Carribean alwasy makes him feel better.

I thought the Legend stopped in Roatan not Costa Maya? That Costa Maya doesn't open until July ? thanks Ricko

Currently, the Legend ports in Roatan. Costa Maya was severly damaged by a hurricane...not sure when (if) it will return to the itinerary.

My husband and I will be sailing on the Legend August 24 and I have kind of a strange question. I have been on 2 previous cruises, 1st on the Navigator of the Seas and more recently on the Crown Princess, now I know that these ships are larger than the Legend so I was wondering if there is a major difference on the amount of rocking and rolling onboard the Legend versus the larger ships. I have never been seasick or suffered from any type of motion sickness, but my ocd's have kicked in and I am now stressing over whether I will get seasick this trip.

The Legend may be smaller, but still a very large ship. We didn't have alot of issues with movement...only from time to time. And the first few days we were out, the seas had a pretty good chop to them. You should be fine. If not, go grab a patch from Pursor's desk! Enjoy....we loved that cruise!!!:D

The Legend may be smaller, but still a very large ship. We didn't have alot of issues with movement...only from time to time. And the first few days we were out, the seas had a pretty good chop to them. You should be fine. If not, go grab a patch from Pursor's desk! Enjoy....we loved that cruise!!!:D

Thank you, I'm sure It'll be fine I worry too much. I just wish it was August already, I am sooo ready for vacation!

Thank you, I'm sure It'll be fine I worry too much. I just wish it was August already, I am sooo ready for vacation!

I hear ya!! Don't feel bad, I have to wait til November!:(

But we will be sailing the Legend in Oct of next year...loved her so much, we don't mind repeating! And the ports were great, too!

Have a great trip!!:D

My DH always wears pants and a collared shirt/polo to any restaurant, unless we're on a beach or such, and wasn't thrilled at the thought of what he'll be seeing in the dining room. QUOTE]

my dh is so funny and was so excited about the shorts in the dining room--if it's above 60 you'll find him in shorts (except church) and he always wears short sleeved shirts.

He has severe arthritis and he says pants hurt his knees and long sleeved shirts hurt his elbows.

sound weird to me BUT that is what he claims. He also doesn't like the blankets on his feet at night--same reason--it hurts.

anyway cruising the Carribean alwasy makes him feel better.

Poptart: I think my husband doesn't like showing what he calls his "skinny" legs LOL. Actually I think his legs are quite shapely and handsome :) He's on the conservative side when it comes to dressing and I think I'd have a hard time convincing him to flash his beanpoles in the dining room when people are eating LOL. Meanwhile, my son wears shorts unless it's snowing LOL. My daughter and I have always worn capri's and a top (we can never seem to find sundresses we like) to dinner and will probably continue to do the same since it's pretty cold in there anyway.

I just got my air and hotel reservations booked so I'm really getting excited now. I was really sweating out the high air prices out there :0

I just got my air and hotel reservations booked so I'm really getting excited now. I was really sweating out the high air prices out there :0

No kidding! We are looking at 411.00 dollars each. Cant decide if i should wait or bite the bullet and sell my soul to Delta.

No kidding! We are looking at 411.00 dollars each. Cant decide if i should wait or bite the bullet and sell my soul to Delta.

We were looking at $320 r/t Philly/Tampa! Where are you flying from? By leaving the night before and taking SW we brought the price down to $230 (nonrefundable web rate) which I thought was great so I booked it. Three days later I second guessed myself and checked again and the same flights were $190! I was NOT happy. I called SW to see if there was something I could do. I was very surprised at what they told me. For NO CHARGE whatsoever, you go to their webpage and put in your confirmation # and then click on "change flights" and then click on the same flights you originally had at the new LOWER price (or even different flights if you please) and then hit "complete." Now you don't get your money back mind you, BUT I now have a credit of $160 at SW to use within a year. I don't think many people know this. I was thrilled!! So, now, to me it makes sense to book the flights I really want w/SW at a price I can live with and just keep checking for lower prices. Of course I would only do this if I had a few months to play with. The only caveat is you can't do this (make changes) within 21 days of flight day. Maybe you could take advantage of this??

do the french doors open to the outside? or they like a ocean view room? just wondering before I reserved a room.

Not a dumb question at all! Are you talking about the Category 5A obstructed oceanview cabins or the 7A obstructed balcony cabins? Both of these have french doors.

We stayed in a 5A last August and the doors open to the inside. Most of these cabins are fully obstructed by lifeboats, but there are some that are in between the lifeboats that will give you a small bit of a view. The cabin we were in (#4140) was one of these. If you look on the deck plans on the Carnival site, you can tell which ones these are.

Here are a couple of pics of the cabin we had:

P1010305.jpg

P1010309.jpg

FrannyK Thanks for the tip. Our cruise isnt until December so Southwest isnt even selling air for our trip yet. I have priced all the airlines and they are all within 50 bucks of each other. Delta is non stop from Salt Lake City though so is my best bet so far.

I guess it makes it tough for me seeing as i work for a airline and fly for free :eek: , but when it comes to a cruise i dont like standby as i dont want to miss my cruise because a flight was full and it would cost me more then buying air to take days off to make sure i make it to port in time.

Hi. We are making a thread for any questions related to the Legend.

We are leaving on Sunday so if there are any specific questions we'll be happy to try and get the answers next week. :)

Anything you can bring back to us would be great. We are sailing her in April 2009.

FrannyK Thanks for the tip. Our cruise isnt until December so Southwest isnt even selling air for our trip yet. I have priced all the airlines and they are all within 50 bucks of each other. Delta is non stop from Salt Lake City though so is my best bet so far.

I guess it makes it tough for me seeing as i work for a airline and fly for free :eek: , but when it comes to a cruise i dont like standby as i dont want to miss my cruise because a flight was full and it would cost me more then buying air to take days off to make sure i make it to port in time.

Wow Max, it's great you can fly for free, but, yes, stand-by is out of the question for a cruise. Good luck!

starting June 29th Carnival will start a trial with anytime dining on the Legend.

Just wondering...is the Legend the only ship doing the trial? Seems like it would work better on a ship with 2 dining rooms. I guess they figure if it will work on the Spirit class it will work on the others.

Don't worry about the Embassy Suites. I live in Tampa and go to that property on occasion for business meetings. Its a standard business type of hotel, well kept and close to the airport and 15 minutes from the pier. If you want to eat cheap there is a Waffle House next door(CLEANER THEN MOST). There is also a Ruth Chris a block away! Go and enjoy!

Don't worry about the Embassy Suites. I live in Tampa and go to that property on occasion for business meetings. Its a standard business type of hotel, well kept and close to the airport and 15 minutes from the pier. If you want to eat cheap there is a Waffle House next door(CLEANER THEN MOST). There is also a Ruth Chris a block away! Go and enjoy!

Cool, thanks. Is that the Westshore property? I know there are two Embassy Suites in the general area.

Ruth's Chris sounds really good right now. MMMMmmmm, steak.... :p

Any reviews on the Embassy Suites that is the closest to the pier? I think it is downtown? Also any places in that area that are worth visiting? Also any good places to eat? This will be our first stay in Tampa and we are flying in two days before our cruise so it would be nice to know a little bit about the area. Thank you.