Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Don't worry about the Embassy Suites. I live in Tampa and go to that property on occasion for business meetings. Its a standard business type of hotel, well kept and close to the airport and 15 minutes from the pier. If you want to eat cheap there is a Waffle House next door(CLEANER THEN MOST). There is also a Ruth Chris a block away! Go and enjoy!

Do they have a shuttle service to/from the airport and/or pier?

For you past Legend cruisers, is there anywhere that is simply beautiful for a wedding on the Legend? You don't need to know if it is approved for a wedding, I can ask.

I was just wondering as we are renewing our vows next March and we can request a location on the ship.

Pictures are wonderful of your chosen location(s) if you have them too!

THANK YOU!

We'll be sailing in June and several members of our Roll Call would like to know what our "Theme Night" will be. I have heard that it used to be Hawaiian shirts, and more recently - bath-robes. Can anyone tell me.....which is it?

I just got back from the May 4th sailing and our theme night was bath robe pool party. It was pretty fun.

From the funnels (engine exhaust), also can come from incenerators if they burn trash and other solid waste, not sure if CCL does this or not.

I know a lot of the new ships, like QM2, are "green" and do not use incenerators, but I'm betting that a lot of the older ships do.

I just got back from the May 4th sailing and got covered in soot. We were swimming in the adults only aft pool one afternoon and then all of a sudden we were all covered in large specks of black stuff. They were floating in the pool and pretty much everyone on the deck had it on them. It was pretty gross but we kept swimming (and drinking a little :D ) and whatever we still had on us after we got out of the pool we showered off.

Was it noisy on the Panorma deck? Room 8238

I just got back yesterday from the May 4th sailing and I can tell you that 8218 was very noisy!!! I'm nots sure where 8238 but I think it's close. All night long we heard carts rolling by overhead, things banging, doors closing, etc. It happened at various times of day and night no apparent pattern to the timing. Late at night, middle of the night, early morning, in the day, etc. I would ask to be one deck down next time for sure!

I just got back yesterday from the May 4th sailing and I can tell you that 8218 was very noisy!!! I'm nots sure where 8238 but I think it's close. All night long we heard carts rolling by overhead, things banging, doors closing, etc. It happened at various times of day and night no apparent pattern to the timing. Late at night, middle of the night, early morning, in the day, etc. I would ask to be one deck down next time for sure!

Looking at the deck plans, it appears you were directly under the "food court" area of the Lido. I can imagine that might be a little noisy during preparation, and also cleaning, and mealtimes. Bummer.

For you past Legend cruisers' date=' is there anywhere that is simply beautiful for a wedding on the Legend? You don't need to know if it is approved for a wedding, I can ask.

I was just wondering as we are renewing our vows next March and we can request a location on the ship.

THANK YOU![/quote']

I haven't been on the Legend yet--hurry up November :D --but I do know that there is a chapel on this ship. Look it up--looks very nice.

So has anyone ever renewed their vows while on board? Was it a private ceremony or one where there were other couples? We will be celebrating our 25th in December and just happen to be sailing on the Legend on our actual anniversary and I think it might be nice to renew our vows. We already plan on doing the supper club that evening. Can't wait until November 30th!

I haven't been on the Legend yet--hurry up November :D --but I do know that there is a chapel on this ship. Look it up--looks very nice.

Yes, it does look nice! I just may have too many people coming and we may not all fit! Plus, we're having a reception and we can request a place.

So has anyone ever renewed their vows while on board? Was it a private ceremony or one where there were other couples? We will be celebrating our 25th in December and just happen to be sailing on the Legend on our actual anniversary and I think it might be nice to renew our vows. We already plan on doing the supper club that evening. Can't wait until November 30th!

CONGRATS! The renewal of vows are private:)

So who did you contact to make arrangements for a private vow renewal? It will just be myself and husband so I don't have to worry about how much room we would need. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

starting June 29th Carnival will start a trial with anytime dining on the Legend.

Maybe a basic question for experienced cruisers, but does "anytime dining" mean just that - ie) it doesn't matter what time you dine? You don't have to worry about advance choice of early or late timing? I'm booked on the Legend in November with 8 others - from your experience would a small group like this need to reserve a table?

Any advice appreciated.

coolcanuck

Do all or any sailings on the Legend have "Theme Nights"? Does Carnival let you know in advance what these themes will be? If there is, it would be nice to come prepared.

New cruiser with the perfect Hawaiian Shirt ready to go!

Hi, I know they are extended. I booked all 3 for my family. I wanted to find out more info on them in particular. Noise level, view, rocking, what type of chairs outside, any pics, etc..

I was curious if anyone had specific first hand experience in staying in them.

Thanks!

Regarding 5115, 5117 & 5119 - According to the deck plans on Carnival's website they are all extended balcony cabins.

i was just wondering if the legand had a big screen on the lido deck like some of the other carnival ships? and has anyone played the mini golf, how is it?

The Legend doesn't have a big screen on the lido deck at this time. I can't answer your question on the mini golf because I haven't sailed her yet. I may be able to answer it in a couple of weeks.

Regarding the Embassy Suites, The one I was mentioning previously is in the Westshore area. You are describing the downtown property adjacent to Channelside. It is a big new property about 2 blocks from the pier. There is a Trolly Car right in front of the hotel that drops you right next to the pier for about a dollar A taxi would only cost you a few bucks. If you have wheels on your bags its a 5 to 10 minute walk at the most. There are plenty of restaurants in Channelside and you are only moments from Ybor City. Ybor has lots to see, Plenty of places to eat, a comedy club, movies, a Greek Taverna complete with belly dancer. If anyone tells you its not safe, any place you go at 2:00A.M. with all the bars emptying out has a problem. just leave at a normal hour. I live about 25 minutes from the pier. Any questions and I would be glad to help!

Mark

Maybe a basic question for experienced cruisers, but does "anytime dining" mean just that - ie) it doesn't matter what time you dine? You don't have to worry about advance choice of early or late timing? I'm booked on the Legend in November with 8 others - from your experience would a small group like this need to reserve a table?

Any advice appreciated.

coolcanuck

Anytime dining as per Carnivals website is between 5:30 - 9:30pm.. It hasn't been implemented on the Legend yet.. so it is hard to say if other ship experiences will be the same.. I have read reviews from ships that do this and .. some had to wait up to 45 mins.. others just walked right in;)

ETA: this is part of an email a fellow CCer received from their PVP..

Starting on June 29th the Carnival Legend will now allow for more dining options with open seating in the main dining room in addition to the traditional 6 pm and 8:15 pm seating. Guests will be able to either visit the dining room anytime between 5:30 and 9:30 pm to enjoy our dinner menu or request one of two assigned seating times. Reservations are not required for open seating, however, you may call ahead each day from your stateroom to request specific times for that night.

Should you be interested in changing your request for assigned dining to open seating please call 1-800-CARNIVAL anytime up to two weeks prior to your sailing. Additionally, guests will be able to switch from assigned to open seating once onboard by contacting the Maitre'd the day of sailing. If you do not wish to switch to open seating and would like to keep your current dining time no action is necessary.

The Legend doesn't have a big screen on the lido deck at this time. I can't answer your question on the mini golf because I haven't sailed her yet. I may be able to answer it in a couple of weeks.

I got back a week ago Sun, no big screen, yes on mini golf, it's a little tough to play up there, it was windy, but a nice little diversion if you have time.

Regarding the Embassy Suites, The one I was mentioning previously is in the Westshore area. You are describing the downtown property adjacent to Channelside. It is a big new property about 2 blocks from the pier. There is a Trolly Car right in front of the hotel that drops you right next to the pier for about a dollar A taxi would only cost you a few bucks. If you have wheels on your bags its a 5 to 10 minute walk at the most. There are plenty of restaurants in Channelside and you are only moments from Ybor City. Ybor has lots to see, Plenty of places to eat, a comedy club, movies, a Greek Taverna complete with belly dancer. If anyone tells you its not safe, any place you go at 2:00A.M. with all the bars emptying out has a problem. just leave at a normal hour. I live about 25 minutes from the pier. Any questions and I would be glad to help!

Mark

I stayed at the Embassy Suites Downtown a couple of weeks ago. Very nice place, about 1 1/2 yrs old, pool on 3rd floor with a great view. The rooms are divided into "living area" w/TV, couch, chair and table w/internet hookup (for cost) a wet bar area w/coffee maker, bathroom, and bedroom with a door to separate it. I got it for $197 a night and it was well worth the price. There are plenty of places to eat Channelside, we went to a sports bar nearby and got burgers/sandwiches. Free breakfast in AM, made to order omelettes, bacon, cereal, fruit, very nice. There's also a Starbucks in the lobby that opens early. I took a taxi to the pier, I wasn't shlepping my bags, and they won't let you on the trolley with all that stuff.

For you past Legend cruisers' date=' is there anywhere that is simply beautiful for a wedding on the Legend? You don't need to know if it is approved for a wedding, I can ask.

THANK YOU![/quote']

Since you mention later that you will have a group with you, you may want to consider the adult pool area if you would like to do it at nite. When we sailed it tended to be very quiet back there in the evenings...very few people. There is a bar right there, the lights are on...very nice. Just so happened to be one of our favorite areas on the ship!

The stairway is very striking as it winds around to the upstairs, but it's also in the middle of the lobby, so kind of busy.

Hope you have a wonderful time and congrats!!:)