Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Do all or any sailings on the Legend have "Theme Nights"? Does Carnival let you know in advance what these themes will be? If there is, it would be nice to come prepared.

New cruiser with the perfect Hawaiian Shirt ready to go!

From what I gather, the Legend seems to alternate between a Bathrobe Party and a Hawaiian themed party. We had the Bathrobe party...bathrobes are included with your room, so not necessary to bring anything special! I don't know, but maybe your PVP or Travel Agent can find out which they will have when you cruise.

Hope you love the Legend as much as we did!!!! Awesome cruise!!

Hi, I know they are extended. I booked all 3 for my family. I wanted to find out more info on them in particular. Noise level, view, rocking, what type of chairs outside, any pics, etc..

I was curious if anyone had specific first hand experience in staying in them.

Thanks!

The extended balconies are very nice and pretty roomy. They have 2 chairs...kind of a nylon mesh type of fabric and a small table. Plenty of room. I believe you can ask your cabin steward to open the dividers between the balconies if you wish. You are more in the front of the ship. Supposedly midship and the lower you are on the ship, the less rocking you will feel. We were more toward the aft and in 8169...don't get any higher than that...we weren't bothered by rocking. I wouldn't think noise would be a factor unless you have noisy balcony neighbors...LOL!

Have a great time!

May I make a suggestion for the folks discussing hotels and transportation? In case you aren't aware, there are threads listed in the Departure Ports area where you can read about and discuss this info. Much more info there than you will get here. And that way we can keep this thread (which is already so long...LOL!) just about Legend information.

Just a thought!:)

Are you talking about the Embassy Suites at USF and the Wingate in New Tampa off Bruce B Downs Blvd.? They are both nice properties. Wingate has limited services, nice neighborhood, not a touristy area. Lots of restaurants in the area, about 40 minutes to the pier. Embassy is on the grounds of the University of South Florida. You have to be a little more security conscious. Also lots of restaurants and about 30 minutes from the pier. Personally I think you are better off at one of the hotels in the West Shore area, closer to the airport.

Hi! We'll be on the Legend in August for our honeymoon, and these boards have been so helpful for us first time cruisers. I remember reading about people picking up amazing coffee, but I can't remember which port it was in. My FI (by then, DH!) loves coffee, so I'd love to get some to bring home with us...

Thanks! :rolleyes:

Hi,

Just read a member review. They said they had 3 comedy acts...and it sounds as if only 1 was worth watching... I plan on dragging my husband to one, and would hate it if it wasn't worth it (who wants to listen to the nagging LOL).

We're sailing in two weeks....any help?

thanks,

laurie

Hi,

Just read a member review. They said they had 3 comedy acts...and it sounds as if only 1 was worth watching... I plan on dragging my husband to one, and would hate it if it wasn't worth it (who wants to listen to the nagging LOL).

We're sailing in two weeks....any help?

thanks,

laurie

On the Legend last week, there were 4 nights in a row of comedy. The first night was a balancing act (Lubo was his name) followed by a comedian that was quite funny - short guy, I forget his name, the second night was all comedy with a tall black man and I forget his name but he was quite good too. The third and fourth nights were the same guy, it was an Italian name I believe that started with a "P". He was boring. I would go for either of the first ones and if you can stay up until midnight, the adult comedy at midnight was far better than the "family comedy" with both of those guys. Sorry I can't remember their names, maybe someone else can help. This opinion was shared by most people I met on the ship so I don't think it was an uncommon thought.

Our son and his new wife will be flying into Orlando, in June. and will be cruising on the Legend out of Tampa. I haven't read your thread, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a limo service, that would pick them up at the Orlando airport and take them to Tampa, one way? I was hoping to find someone who perhaps had done this and had a recommentation.

Thanks

Our son and his new wife will be flying into Orlando, in June. and will be cruising on the Legend out of Tampa. I haven't read your thread, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a limo service, that would pick them up at the Orlando airport and take them to Tampa, one way? I was hoping to find someone who perhaps had done this and had a recommentation.

Thanks

Congrats to the newlyweds!! You may get some answers here.. but another area you can check and ask.. is the Florida boards...;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Thanks

You might want to check out the following links:

http://www.exquisitetowncar.com/

http://www.orlandolimorental.com/

http://www.orlandofloridalimousine.com/

I hope this helps!

Literally just walked in the door (13 hour drive).....

This cruise was one of our best (and we have had some great ones)!!!!!

The staff and crew really gel and produce a great "spirit" of fun and friendliness!!!

Food was good. Service was great. Karaoke was FABULOUS.

Simple Friends are in Sachmosi (sp?).

I could go on and on...but now there is laundry!!!

Literally just walked in the door (13 hour drive).....

This cruise was one of our best (and we have had some great ones)!!!!!

The staff and crew really gel and produce a great "spirit" of fun and friendliness!!!

Food was good. Service was great. Karaoke was FABULOUS.

Simple Friends are in Sachmosi (sp?).

I could go on and on...but now there is laundry!!!

GREAT!! I want to hear lots of details, when you have a chance!! :)

Hi all,

We are sailing on the Legend in September (if the hurricane season cooperates :rolleyes: ) and wondered if anyone had any recommendations as far as the best table(s) to recommend as far as window view, more private, away from kitchen area, etc;

We plan to do anytime dining, and figured as long as we were calling for a reservation, we'd request a nice table, too!

Tried to do a search of this thread, but the search is down:(

I just received my room assignment and wanted to know if anyone could tell me anything about this room. Any pictures???? Thanks in advance:)

You are a little aft (back) of midship....not sure if it's an extended balcony or not

on the 6th level. We were in 8169 and had the extended balcony. All the regular cabins are identical so if you go to Carnival's site and look at a pic of the cabins, it will look like that...we found it plenty roomy for 2 people and there is lots of closet space!

Have fun!!!

We are sailing on the Legend on 9/7/08 , I have seen many references to boarding and going to the Lido deck buffet for lunch. On the last couple of cruises we took, the main dining room was also open for lunch.

Is the main dining room on the Legend usually open during embarkation, or any other location besides the buffet? :confused:

Just off the Legend Sunday. :(

We had table 286 in the dining room, and it was wonderful - a smaller quieter room, not right at the window but great view without the glare (early seating).

The closet had hangers with 'nubs', but not like I've ever seen before - three fit into each ring that's attached to the rod. In any case, if you want to hang something anywhere but the closet, bring your own hangers.

I enjoyed all the comics (3 stand-ups, and one ventriloquist), and the balancing act would have been even more interesting if it had been the night we had the winds from TS Arthur!! :eek: