Customer Service Survey

cbpanda

I called Princess today to ask customer service a question regarding a refund of an overpayment for a booking for July. The Rep was very nice, friendly and helpful. After we were done, she asked if I would mind taking a short survey on my experience during that phone call.

When I replied "sure," I was connected to an automated survey to rate the service I received.

Has anyone else been asked to do this lately? It seems to me that Princess is looking a little more closely at their customer service (or lack there of).

In Princess' defense, I have never been given bad service. Last year was my first cruise with them and, believe me, I had plenty of questions. Each Rep I spoke with was very courteous and patient with me. I also haven't, as far as I know, received incorrect information.

Customer service surveys are a usual and customary way for any company to do business and get both positive and negative feedback.

Every cruise I've been on (HAL and Princess) have had a customer service survey at the end. This happens as well for every computer or computer supplies purchase whether it be Dell, HP or Best Buy.

Surveys are not an indication of bad service but are typically used to make good customer service even better. Business survival in the modern era requires constant improvement.

Customer service surveys are a usual and customary way for any company to do business and get both positive and negative feedback.

Every cruise I've been on (HAL and Princess) have had a customer service survey at the end. This happens as well for every computer or computer supplies purchase whether it be Dell, HP or Best Buy.

Surveys are not an indication of bad service but are typically used to make good customer service even better. Business survival in the modern era requires constant improvement.

I agree. I've taken many surveys. My point was that this was the first time I've been asked to take one after I've talked on the phone with Princess -- and believe me, I've called them enough.

With all of the recent complaints about Princess' customer service, I was just wondering if this was their way of starting to respond to the complaints?

I had to phone Princess earlier this week because they didn't have all our flight transfer info. The gentleman was very helpful and asked me to take a brief survey after the call. Since he said it would take less than a minute, I agreed and was transferred to an automated survey that consisted of 4 questions about the service I'd received during my call. So I think they must be trying to at least improve the service you get on the phone.

I just happen to be on the phone with them yesterday and wasn't asked to take the survey.

Interesting that they decided to do this. More than half the time, I find their customer service reps lack some cheerfulness compared to other cruise line reps.

Has anyone even taken Marketing 101?

How do youall think Fedex (FDX:NYSE) has such a high ranking..?

Because the so called surveys say so.

How about election time polls ?

Remember the News Headlines.. ___WON.. etc...

Polls are a nice way of siding. What ever that want shown all they have to do is give a polling question, survey...etc.. do you think any company and/or group is going to annouce anything not in there interest?

Look at another pefect example..

The NY Times always backs a candidate in only one party..so do you or anyone think it is surprise who they back?

Don't you already know the outcome?

So why do we all listen to polls surveys.. etc.. that are skewed?

In life isn't it what YOU think and do which counts?:cool:

For the last couple of years Princess has tried a new program with personal service representatives. According to mine the program was started because people had to talk to a different rep everytime they called. It was frustrating people. Now if I have a complaint or need a service I have one person, the same one everytime. Although they still use a rotating system for general reservations if you want or are new, I can still call my personal cruise rep to book or anything else. I imagine that these survey's might be checking the effectivness of the system now that is has been in place a while.

For the last couple of years Princess has tried a new program with personal service representatives. According to mine the program was started because people had to talk to a different rep everytime they called. It was frustrating people. Now if I have a complaint or need a service I have one person, the same one everytime. Although they still use a rotating system for general reservations if you want or are new, I can still call my personal cruise rep to book or anything else. I imagine that these survey's might be checking the effectivness of the system now that is has been in place a while.

That's interesting. How did you get a personal service rep? Did you just ask?

He just called one day and said he had been assigned to be my personal cruise rep. I had already paid my final payment which was his primary reason for calling me. He asked what else he could do and gave me his extension to call with anything I needed. He has been keeping an eye out for upgrades and some discripences on some gift prices that were on the web.

Also when shorex where not yet posted he kept me up to date when they would be so I could order as sonm as they were on the web site. I almost never have to leave a message, he almost always answers the phone.

He also assured me that if I make a reservation befor my next cruise, he will give me the OBC when I return.

I was asked if I wanted to do the survey. Agreed and yes it took about 2 minutes or less. The questions are more on the vague side so I don't know how they would use this to actually make any improvements.

Apparently a good survey means something good for the reps though. I had to call back Princess just the other night for something and the rep was great. She helped me correct something else that a rep SAID they would do and she didn't ask me if I wanted to do the survey. I asked her if she would like me to do it. She just about jumped through the phone with happiness and said, "Oh yes!! Would you please?" I laughed and asked her if she got something good for a good survey and she said (very diplomatically I thought) that it certainly does help them, especially at review time.

Kim

Did the survey at least ask what kind of call you were making? For example, if you had a question about your cruise. I think part of the problem Princess is having in the customer service area is that the CSRs seem unknowledgable about the ships. They may be recent college grads who live in the Canyon County/Santa Clarita area and needed a job. Probably most of them have never been on a cruise. Maybe there should be a better training session that involves having them take a cruise so they can better answer the majority of questions.

He just called one day and said he had been assigned to be my personal cruise rep. I had already paid my final payment which was his primary reason for calling me. He asked what else he could do and gave me his extension to call with anything I needed. He has been keeping an eye out for upgrades and some discripences on some gift prices that were on the web.

Also when shorex where not yet posted he kept me up to date when they would be so I could order as sonm as they were on the web site. I almost never have to leave a message, he almost always answers the phone.

He also assured me that if I make a reservation befor my next cruise, he will give me the OBC when I return.

Hmmm.... Thanks for the information. I'll have to do some snooping around. :)

Maybe there should be a better training session that involves having them take a cruise so they can better answer the majority of questions.

If they did and that became public knowledge I'm sure they would have absolutely NO problems recruiting new staff! :p

Kim

Archived