Travel Insurance..Is this covered?

dawna1212

Our ship docks in Amsterdam at 5am.

When finding flights home,I called Celebrity and they said dont book flights before 10:30 am.

I found a non-stop flight from Amsterdam to SFO that

leaves at 11:10AM.

So I booked it.

Now I worried,about the what ifs..

We purchased transfers from the ship to the airport.

What if we dont make it in time,(ship arriving late,bus breaks down etc..)

What happens then?

Do they find another flight for us?

Do we pay out of pocket for another flight?

Would our travel insurance help us if this happens?

Thanks for any info!

Donna

Travel insurance doesn't cover if you miss a flight because you booked one too early to make. They cover if you miss because of weather but not because you booked wrong. The airline will find you another flight but if X said you can book a flight after 10:30, you will be fine.

Travel insurance doesn't cover if you miss a flight because you booked one too early to make. They cover if you miss because of weather but not because you booked wrong. The airline will find you another flight but if X said you can book a flight after 10:30, you will be fine.

The airline MAY or MAY NOT find you another flight. Availability could be a BIG issue on "cruise day". And if you just MISS the flight and DO NOT notify the airline before the flight departs, most tickets are canceled and have no value.

Just because X told you to book a flight after 10:30 is NO guarantee. Too many things could happen and have happened.

The best advice is cancel the ship transfers, do self disembark and plan on a taxi ride to the airport. You don't want to waste valuable time waiting for a bus to load and unload. You MUST be at the airport no later than 9:00AM for an international flight.

You are really cutting it close. Schiopol airport is very easy to negotiate but it is HUGE. Good luck!!!

I agree with greatam. For any international flight, you have to be there three hours before your flight leaves. While Amsterdam is one of the easier European airports, it is huge and depending on what airline you're on, lines can be long. I had an early flight out of Heathrow, and I went to the purser and told them I needed off as soon as local authorities cleared the ship. I had a private car waiting for me at the dock and made it to the airport just in time. I really think your flight is too early for something international, no matter what Celebrity said. There are so many things that could delay your disembarkation.

We flew out of Amsterdam last month on United, and it took us over 2 hours to get checked in, go through passport control, get to the gate and then go through security.

Also, know that security there is at the gate. You cannot buy liquids etc and carry them on board. All shopping venues are BEFORE security checks.

Depending on your actual arrival time, an 11:10 flight may be difficult.

Cheers,

Archived