Are infants allowed in the dining room?

randig

We are thinking of taking our 5 1/2 month old on a cruise with us. Someone told me infants this young are not allowed in the dining room. Is this true? In the past I can't recall kids this young.

We are thinking of taking our 5 1/2 month old on a cruise with us. Someone told me infants this young are not allowed in the dining room. Is this true? In the past I can't recall kids this young.

They ARE most definitely allowed in the dining room, just take turns being on call if your little one acts up, someone should leave with the child.

...and don't dare put jeans on your infant, people will throw tomatoes at you and question your ability to parent :eek:

Everyone on a cruise is "allowed" in the dining room. I know somone who cruised with their 3 year old and never set foot in a dining room because they were afraid it would be a problem. I thought that was stranger than going and having to leave possibly. It is a long time to expect a small child to sit still while everyone is talking and waiting on courses, but it can work if you're prepared to leave if necessary.

They must have confused the dining room with the age limit to being able to cruise. Your child is welcome in the dining room.

Not only are infants welcome, they are totally adored. I took a cruise when my son was 7 months old, and then another when my 2nd son was 6 months old. BOTH times, the staff were so excited to see a baby. They would walk around with my kids, take them in the dance lines and have a great time. I think that they just loved the physical contact that they may miss from their family and kids. The waiters were great, we got excellent service and when my sons fell asleep, they would push 2 chairs together and make a little bed lined with tablecloths. It was NO problem at all to take my infants on cruises either time. Everyone is so accomodating. In fact, I could not think of a better age to take them. The only drawback is that it costs so much for an infant that requires so little from them. oh well, that is how it goes. You will have a wonderful time.... enjoy

Archived