Princess Cays Bungalows Worth It?

Lizcourt

I just found out that my family booked a cruise for my 50th B-day that will stop at Princess Cays. I've seen pictures of the bungalows available on the island. Since this will be our first time at Princess Cays, I was wondering if any of you more experienced Princess cruisers have an opinion as to whether it would be worth it for us to book one of those. (Also, any advice or thoughts on Princess Cays would be much appreciated).

Lizcourt

I feel they are well worth it, especially if you have a larger party. Each bungalow has air conditioning and a ceiling fan if you need to get out of the heat and sun. You get served drinks and food so you won't have to stand on lines. There is your own shower on the side. You get priority tendering to the island. There are only 6, so as soon as they are available for booking, do it fast. I was #3 for my upcoming cruise, the next day, they were only wait listed. Good luck.

WE had one on a HAL cruise and it was great. I have reserved one for our Caribbean Princess cruise this summer. My grandaughters (1 yr and 4yrs old) will be with us and it's a great place to let the kids take a nap when they get tired, particuarly the little one. Also, my wife does not like a lot of sun and the area where the bungalows are located is a palm tree grove with both sun and shade available. Definitely make sure you book as soon as excursions open - usually 120 days before cruise.

We had one and loved it. Some other family members also had one on a previous cruise and loved it as well. One thing to note...they seemed to be a better thing to have on the larger ships b/c the beach gets more crowded. They will give you 6 priority tender tickets but they will bring enought food and drinks for more than 6 people if you ask. They also brought extra chairs, dinnerware etc for us... great deal if you us

sniff sniff.........still on a waiting list. :( Found out how wonderful they are and booked too late. Hoping for a last minute cancellation. We're on the CB June 3rd.

Pia

Do any of you have any pictures of the bungalow?

We had one and loved it. Some other family members also had one on a previous cruise and loved it as well. One thing to note...they seemed to be a better thing to have on the larger ships b/c the beach gets more crowded. They will give you 6 priority tender tickets but they will bring enought food and drinks for more than 6 people if you ask. They also brought extra chairs, dinnerware etc for us... great deal if you us

It does not say anything about being brought food/and or drinks on the shore excursion explanation. Is this extra? Where did you see that info. I am waitlisted for this bungalow, how do you know what your place on the waitlist is? The excursion reservation list says 15 are available, is this correct? There are 15 bungalows? Thank you.

It does not say anything about being brought food/and or drinks on the shore excursion explanation. Is this extra?

I don't know about the kind of drinks, but food is certainly inclusive. And waiter service does go with it.

Where did you see that info.

Info by those who have experienced the bungalows

I am waitlisted for this bungalow, how do you know what your place on the waitlist is?

When you get on the ship, if you're still waitlisted, the shorex office will give you the information

The excursion reservation list says 15 are available, is this correct? There are 15 bungalows? Thank you.

AFAIK, there are only six

I'm waitlisted with very little hope of acquiring one

I remember reading a post that mentioned plans for nine more bungalows to be built. I think I saw this on the Ports of Call board.

I heard that too, but highly unlikely they'll be ready for the June 3rd sailing. :(

There are presently six bungalows. I was told they are adding six more at some point in the future.

You are provided with a waiter who will bring you food from the buffet. Any drinks are on your cruise card. He will keep your pitcher filled with Ice cold water.

Could you please tell me more about the bungalows, how they work, and what you get with the bungalows we have never had one of these, but we will be on the Emerald March 5, 2008 Eastren Caribbean and will be stoping at Princess CAYS THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!

There were only six bungalows in March, 2007 and it didn't look like there was any sort of plan in place to build more. If there is they certainly won't be completed by June 3rd. As for the waitlist...we were waitlisted at first and I called Princess to find out the status. Surprisingly enough we were taken off the waitlist two days before we left. It seemed others checked the weather report and cancelled...of course it ended up being 85 and sunny :) Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for the info, I don't see that there worth it, I don't have to have a personal waiter, I here there are waiters all over to help with your drinks. And my dh and I love to sunbath. So I don't really care about the shade. NOW if there was a Private Bathroom I would pay 200 dollars easy!!! Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the info, I don't see that there worth it, I don't have to have a personal waiter, I here there are waiters all over to help with your drinks. And my dh and I love to sunbath. So I don't really care about the shade. NOW if there was a Private Bathroom I would pay 200 dollars easy!!! Thanks for the help.

You do get your own shower though.:)

Archived