Party Cruise Lines

I think most everybody thats sailed Carnival agrees that it is geared more toward familes and children than some of the other lines out there.

My question is, what lines are known more for the "party" atmosphere if one were to desire that kind of cruise? Less parents with kids/pre-teens and more partying.

I think it's more the time of year then the actual cruise line. We just returned from Carnival and it was mostly middle aged to older people. Kids are still in school. There were a few kids of course, but not many.

I think it's more the time of year then the actual cruise line. We just returned from Carnival and it was mostly middle aged to older people. Kids are still in school. There were a few kids of course, but not many.

The 3-4 day cruises also probably get more of the party crowd.

Cruises during spring break time are VERY lively...March -April. Also, most of the shorter cruises( 3-4 days) are full of party animals.

Carnival in general used to have the "party" reputation, but that's changed a lot in the last few years. They still have the best nightlife, IMHO.

The Windstar cruises are noted for being party cruises, but they are a different type of cruise than the bigger ships....almost a sailboat type cruise....VERY casual.

Archived