barcelona hotels

we will be in barcelona may 15-18 for 3 nights post cruise.

looking for a hotel for about $150.00 u.s. dollars per night.

please let us know what hotels are in that ballpark figure.

thanks

burtshell

We just returned from Barcelona and stayed at the Hotel Colon right across the street from the cathedral. It was wonderful, but a little more than the cost you want. It might be less expensive not in the middle of the summer, I don't know.

Donna

Donna,

Can you tell me if the cathedral was still covered with scaffolding? The Colon was originally my first choice, but I didn't want to pay the higher cost for the view if the view is obstructed. Thanks in advance for the information!

To tell you the truth, I can't remember. Many of the buildings we saw on our trip were undergoing renovations, so we saw scaffolding everywhere. I hope to pick up my pictures tomorrow and I definitely have a picture taken from our balcony of the Hotel Colon so I will get back to you. If you need an exact cost, I will look at my receipts and find our cost. Let me know.

Donna

Last year we stayed at the Regencia Colon...right in back of the Colon for less than 1/2 the price of the Colon. The room was more than adequate and you can request a room with a partial view of the cathedral. I would highly recommend this hotel...great price..wonderful location.

We are staying at the Majestic pre cruise this Thursday. We booked it through Celebrity and are very happy with the transfers / hotel package they gave us.

The hotel has a rooftop pool, with fantastic views.

I'll post when we return and let you know.

We stayed at the Hotel Continental Palacette in May. The hotel is in a good location, very clean and is in your price range. The rooms are very small. Breakfast is included as well as drinks and snacks all day.

Donna, thanks so much for the response. I am looking forward to hearing about the scaffolding once you pick up your photos. If you know the rate of the Colon, that would be great, but please don't go to a lot of trouble to find it. Thanks again!

I believe it was on Travelocity but I did it through the hotel's website, then faxed them our credit card and got the confirmation in an e-mail. I'm going to look for a copy of the e-mail. I just checked and it was $118- euros...sorry about the mistake (brain fart, I guess:rolleyes: ).

Nanette

MadForCruising,

Yes there is scaffolding and a sheet of plastic up protecting the door area. We were directly across from the cathedral on an upper floor and the cost was 185 Euros. The room was very nice, almost twice as big as the one we had just left in Paris.

You will have a wonderful time wherever you choose to stay!

Donna

Archived