Best ship for a pool lover?

I LOVE to go to resorts in the Caribbean, for one thing....the pools. I love big fancy pools with slides, waterfalls, the works! But obviously, on a cruise ship all of that is not possible. But, of RC's fleet, which would you say has the best pools? Thanks!

To be honest, if pools are VERY important to you then a cruise is not the best holiday.

I am basically a "fish" (you know "happier in water than on land" ;) ), but don't spend much time in pools on a cruise because they are too small and too crowded (most of the time, you can't swim, you can just stand up).

My tip, if you cruise, is to use the pools early in the morning (before 9.30am) or in the evening (after about 4.30/5pm). Also - if you are on a Caribbean itinerary - make good uses of the beaches/sea.

We were on Mariner in October and I used the solarium (adults only) pool quite early (before 9.30am) and it was good. Most of the day during sea days the pools were too packed and we just did other things.

Have fun :)

Boo

Navigator is the only RCI ship I've been on, and we loved the pool area on that ship. Tons of lounge chairs, shallow area for sitting, and deeper area for soaking. We're looking forward to the solarium on Serenade next summer.

I think the pools on the Voyager class ships are fine. After I got back from Serenade one of my issues with the Radiance class ships is that the mail pool is just too small for the number of people that the ship carries. However, the solarium is very nice.

Freedom/Liberty. Only fresh water pools on RCCL.

When did RCI change to freshwater...I didn't know that. For the OP the larger ships have the larger pools, Voyager and Freedom class.

When did RCI change to freshwater...I didn't know that. For the OP the larger ships have the larger pools, Voyager and Freedom class.

I think they meant that Freedom and Liberty have the ONLY freshwater pools on RCI.

The Radiance class is my favorite class of ship, but if you're a pool lover I would stay away from those because they have a very small pool deck. It's sort of round, actually and only 1 pool. The Voyager class is cool because they have two side by side, and to be honest....I actually don't think that the Vision class pool decks are that bad either. Not so much because of the amount of pools, but the way it's laid out is nice w/a longer deck and longer pool. Good luck!

Laura

We really loved the Navigators main pool area. Very large, 2 pools and 4 hottubs plus 2 bars. Also the adults on solarium was nice.

However I think the Solarium on the Radiance ships are awesome

I agree...we were on the Jewel last year and the solarium is so beautiful!! Quiet. A true oasis.

(not to mention made to order crepes)

Archived