Can we do away with the towel animals and save the Sea?

steveaaaa

Or touch those nasty grocery carts to buy groceries or use the office telephone at work-which is said to be much nastier then public toilet seats-

Steve, Princess, HAL and Celebrity do not do towel animals- so if that really bothers your conscience that much-cruise them instead of RCI, Carnival and Disney. Now that is the 6 lines I know about on towel animals-maybe some of you other guys could suggest a few more lines.

KS, my guess Is Cunard does not do towel animals and NCL does. Am I right?

Off topic a bit but if you REALLY want to be grossed out...think about gas pump handles- do they EVER wash those down.. OR how about salt/pepper shakers in the dining rooms/----aaaachhhoooo into hand- pick up and salt food next person has french fries- picks up shaker and then hands on food..well- you get my drift. Guess I never thought about those cute little animals being "recycled" cuz I used mine:rolleyes:

I have been on 6 cruises, we started 18 mths. ago. Four were on Celebrity, one on Princess, and one on MSC. I have never even SEEN a Towel Animal. :o Anyone got a pic ? I'll bet someone has !! Will you share ? :D

I just googled for these pics. Enjoy:

towel_swan.jpg

thumbnail.aspx?JournalPhotoID=96300

P1010034.jpg

Thank you Dforiener....Who said the age of chivary is dead. !! I knew someone would find one, I NEVER guessed it would be a 25% of this and a 25% of that and a 50% of who knows what person, and 100% kindly Texan.

By the way , I now know what Sandy's pic was off, what a relief !!:D

There is allot of talk about going green and saving the environment,but I still can't think of the waste that is being created to make people smile.The amount of clean towels that are wasted on those towel animals is unbelievable. I know,everyone is going to say they use them.Well I don't use towels that were stuck in anyones shoes (towel human animals).

I also don't want to use towels that are left on the bed spread. That is where all the babies in diapers get changed,so if you notice a skid mark on the bed spread,you what it is.:eek:

Steve

How much greener can you get by the steward using "your" clean towels to make "you" a towel animal and then putting "your" towels back in "your" bathroom. Yep must be

bored hasn't raised any sh!t in a while.

Thank you Dforiener....Who said the age of chivary is dead. !! I knew someone would find one, I NEVER guessed it would be a 25% of this and a 25% of that and a 50% of who knows what person, and 100% kindly Texan.

By the way , I now know what Sandy's pic was off, what a relief !!:D

Are you talking about the octopus one? What did you think it was about?

Are you talking about the octopus one? What did you think it was about?

The answer to the first half of your question is..post no. 11605 by Glenn, which features one of Sandytoes pics. The second half's answer is "No comment" !! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Don't you just love the irony??

The OP is concerned about wasted resources for laundry detergent, electricity and water.

Yet he's a passenger on a cruise ship where enough food is wasted to feed a small third-world country.

D.

Don't you just love the irony??

The OP is concerned about wasted resources for laundry detergent, electricity and water.

Yet he's a passenger on a cruise ship where enough food is wasted to feed a small third-world country.

D.

The next irony is the third world country are the crew:D

maria

For those of you who can't get near a bunny or a tree to hug for the duration of your cruise, on-board purchases of carbon off-sets will be available.

Geeze, I think that we can give the environmental stuff a break while on vacation. Do we really need the guilt while doing so?

People are worrying about the waste involved in washing a towle animal while we are cruising on a ship that burns 200,000 tons of fuel in a week:o . How 'bout a little perspective, here?

Guest kookylabooka
Save all the towel animals for the first few days, then have them mounting eachother in a bath towel animal orgy. The next day the cabin steward can make little towel animal babies from washcloths. This will give you the illusion that they aren't waste and they naturally reproduce.

OMG - that is sooo damn funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Lifinfastlane !

OK, I ride my bike to save gas. I limit my commute. I have my air set at 78. I try to live green....but I want my darn towel animals. How about we save electricty by no blender drinks...Huh! I'm a nondrinker, I think my staying away from the frufrus should off set my need for massive amount of clean towels. Not to mention, the large chiller the ships must have for the cold beer. From now on, British style... warm beer and cold lovers. Back off the towels before it gets really ugly.

Like I said........towels animals are a prime example of cruise lines being green!

Go back and really look at the swan in "dforeigners" picture of May 10th. That poor swan hasn't been washed in 2-3 years for heaven's sake! It's "beige." And dirty. No water waste going on there. They make them, re-cycle 'em for years! Closets full of these poor creatures on board. No respect! What kind of society would let its poor, least fortunates go unwashed? It's not easy being "green."

Now......let's get really serious. I'm looking at that dirty swan and I'm thinking..........aha, maybe that's why Noro never really goes away!??!!

Steve, Princess, HAL and Celebrity do not do towel animals- so if that really bothers your conscience that much-cruise them instead of RCI, Carnival and Disney. Now that is the 6 lines I know about on towel animals-maybe some of you other guys could suggest a few more lines.

We had towel animals every night on Celebrity Constellation in '04...

We got towel animals 5 out of our 7 nights. First one the steward "liberated" in the morning. Not before I got a picture of it though. The following nights I hid my towel animals in my closet. I wanted one group photo of "the guys" before the end of the cruise Sunday Morning. Saturday night steward found the animals and set them free again. I was furious. I had no intention of putting the chimpanzee, elephant or bunny in my bag. I just wanted a "dam" picture of all four together since Mr. Walrus was taken. When I asked the steward, he offerred to make them all over again. Having a little pity for the guy, I calmed down, let him live, and told him to forget it. I guess he figured his extra tip was pretty much shot after that. He was right. Besides the banannas in our fresh fruit bown in the cabin looked a little more ripened each day if you get my drift.

• 2 months later...

A cruise and “green” are a blatant contradiction. The whole concept of “green” is a farce. For the most part it is nothing but worthless, (often destructive) feel-good drivel. Take the “green” cloth shopping bag, which takes more energy to produce the “green” shopping bag or 1,000 plastic ones? What about the water and energy that will be used to wash that “green” shopping bag over it’s life time?? Solar panels; have any idea the pollution that is created and the VERY nasty chemicals used to produce that solar panel?

Back to the insipid question, if it is ones desire to be “green” and you cruise, you are a hypocrite of the highest order.

Finally, so you have issue with the bed spreads not getting washed but you also object to the extra washing created by towel animals??? HUH? Just for the record, Carnival changes out (thus I presume washes) the bedspreads at the end/beginning of each cruise.

Indeed, I do leave my towels on the bathroom floor to ensure I get a new set daily!

Archived