Is anyone else sick of the Tipping dance going on?

steveaaaa

Personally, I dont want all inclusive with the tips in the price...I know its a pain in the butt trying to keep things figured out with who, what, howmuch, etc, but at least you have the option of not tipping as much to a lousey steward or waiter...All inclusive, you would have no choice...I feel like your servers and stewards will give you better service if thy know the amount of tip depends on their service and attention to you...

:D

I agree - I travel extensively for work, and I would never want a tip to be included in a bill, because it is a personal decision on my part how much they get. I tend to tip very high (was a waitress as a teenager - lots of sympathy), but I want to control the amount. I don't think the tipping guidelines the cruise lines put out are at all out of line, and for really good service, I think they're a bit low - which is why I like being able to determine what I want to give. I know some cultures don't really believe in tipping, but knowing the kinds of salaries these cruise line folks get - they really deserve the tips!!!!:rolleyes:

Hallelujah !~!

I was really getting nervous.

Haven't read a post whining about cruise ship tipping for 2 or 3 days now.....

Are there any other subjects that will never change that we can whine about on this thread?? Might make it more interesting and save time.

Princess charges $10/day to cover tipping. It's easier to see this at the end of the cruise rather than be deciding at numerous times during each day. It makes the entire cruise even a little mlore relaxing.

We have no problem with the standard $10 per day general tip, and usually add something extra for exceptional service. Actually, we have never had bad service on a cruise (except maybe the company itself, which they have corrected as best as possible).

I have a question, though... we usually tip room service $1-2 when they bring coffee in the AM, or whenever. Do most of you do this? I am sure that it is appreciated, but I am wondering if it is expected?

Good heaven, steveaaaa. Is there anything about cruising that doesn't hack you off? You don't like tipping, towel animals, gold by the inch. Why not save cyberspace and just put all your dislikes in one concise thread. I'm beginning to think you are "conversationalist" who tried to stir up all kinds of stuff.

BTW, there are cruises that don't have all the stuff you claim to dislike----they are called luxury ships. No tipping, no towel animls, no cheap gold plus all the free booze you can handle without smuggling. The only problem is that you're talking about $400 a day and up per person---not $150 for a week for two.

Archived