Platinum status...means what?

I am curious what this really means for me, the passenger? I met a couple of my first cruise who were on their 29th cruise. The husband told us, without us asking so not so sure why he told us, how much he paid for his cabin. They paid way, way more than we did. I thought one of the perks is lower prices for balcony and suites? Or by watching online can you do just as well price wise?

Reason I am asking is, is it worth being loyal to one cruise line or hop around? :confused:

I am curious what this really means for me, the passenger? I met a couple of my first cruise who were on their 29th cruise. The husband told us, without us asking so not so sure why he told us, how much he paid for his cabin. They paid way, way more than we did. I thought one of the perks is lower prices for balcony and suites? Or by watching online can you do just as well price wise?

Reason I am asking is, is it worth being loyal to one cruise line or hop

Wernew-Platinum means they have been on at least 5 cruises if they have a balcony cabin or for a Junior Suite you get 2 credits instead of 1..I.E.,I have 7 credits with RCI because I received 1 for the Freedom last year,2 each for Junior Suites on the AOS,Mariner,and Enchantment-so that's 7 credits and I'm Platinum..when you reach 10,you're Diamond.Platinum members get $100 off their cabin rate and Diamond gets $200 off..there is no real discount other than that...as for why your cabin was less $$$ than theirs,either their cabin is larger,more $$,or you are better at finding deals..hope that helps...

Big Al

Wernew, stay with RCL. Your credits will build and you will reach Platinum and later Diamond. It is a slow process, but it wasn't too long ago when we only had 3 credits. After our next cruise, we will be Diamond. Granted, we booked a couple JS's, and one cruise with a JS was 13 days, but that does bring us to Diamond very soon. Also, check out the RCL VISA card and the shareholder program. They = more bennies.

Happy cruising,

Rick and Deirdra

Archived