Cunarder - Spring 07

lannp

Hi Lannp.....

I'd love to get anything in the mail from Cunard... a copy of the Cunarder would probably make me faint from shock!! ;)

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

If it makes you feel any better...we finally got an issue of Oceania's Passages last week, addressed to Eli (oldest son). No one else has gotten one. Seems a lack of mail is not limited to Cunard. :confused:

Hey, at least one finally came to the house. But it took SIX passengers to get the one.

Hugs

If it makes you feel any better...we finally got an issue of Oceania's Passages last week, addressed to Eli (oldest son). No one else has gotten one. Seems a lack of mail is not limited to Cunard. :confused:

Hey, at least one finally came to the house. But it took SIX passengers to get the one.

Hugs

Well that's a comfort Angela...especially since there's only 2 of us. Now HAL won't leave me alone, and I've never sailed with them But they love to send me all sorts of special offers "as a passenger of one of our sister lines". Now that's marketing in my book. Hello Cunard...are you out there? I love you, can I get my copy someday soon?

Cheers, Penny

Well that's a comfort Angela...especially since there's only 2 of us. Now HAL won't leave me alone, and I've never sailed with them But they love to send me all sorts of special offers "as a passenger of one of our sister lines". Now that's marketing in my book. Hello Cunard...are you out there? I love you, can I get my copy someday soon?

Cheers, Penny

Penny,

Yes, doesn't it seem they are more interested in new recruits than showing some love back to the loyal ones? Seems if they're going to print both it wouldn't kill them to mail both! Esp. when the new recruits will end up being loyal lovers...and then unrequited lovers. Boo. Not good.

Well that's a comfort Angela...especially since there's only 2 of us. Now HAL won't leave me alone, and I've never sailed with them But they love to send me all sorts of special offers "as a passenger of one of our sister lines".

We're in the opposite 'boat' so to speak: sailed HAL frequently, never get the HAL Marniner's magazine, but Cunard really wants me to cruise with them, judging by the amount of marketing I get (but that's ok, because I want to cruise with them too!)

Now HAL won't leave me alone, and I've never sailed with them

Still exactly the opposite here - Cunard send Paul things (not me, the platinum passenger but him the gold passenger:rolleyes: ) but I can't get a thing out of HAL!

Ah but we get lots of Cunard stuff, emails, mail shots, brochures, Cunarder and also lots of Princess stuff! We've never sailed Princess or expressed an interest in sailing them. Although wanting to do Alaska in 2009 we may look, Cunard are you listening? Please can you put the Vicky up there?

...Mail our copy to you. It came yesterday!

Don't bother. Mine just came. front to back this "Special Edition" consists of a letter from Carol on the front and the 2008 sailing schedule, which I could have gotten off the web already (and the press releases of a month ago)

I am completely and totally underwhelmed.

Oh.

And Did I mention it was addressed to Marc?

Well, let them get a booking out of him.

*I* do the bookings. *I* pay for them.

Maybe if I put MISTER in big bold letters before my name, they'd give ME the time of day.

Or maybe it's true.I'm just not good enough for them (I suspect they heard about my denim ball gown with the hot pink feather boa and the rhinestone neckline <G>)

Karie,

who is a bit miffed with sexist Cunard

Pbbblt!

Hmm, I usually get all of Cunard's mailings but no Cunarder yet.

Cunard is of course part of Princess and they seem to send the most mail of any cruise line. Captain's Circle specials nearly every week.

I also get all my HAL stuff. In fact this month I got two copies of Mariner.

I have also had their "since you are a past passenger of one of our sister lines" stuff - well they have got that wrong, I am a past passenger of them not to mention two of their sister lines :) !

Oh, I get everything from Celebrity but since moving nothing from Royal Caribbean. Also nothing from NCL (probably will change after my MARCO POLO cruise this month).

Then there are all the cruise lines whose mailing lists I'm on even though I've never been on them - Oceania, Regent, Crystal etc.

I've received too different versions of the Cunarder in the last two weeks. The first was the aforementioned list of voyages but the second was the actual, semi-informative magazine/brochure. There was even a lovely photo of one of the WCC members!

Fingers crossed, you may actually get this!

Julia

not sure why I'm special for a change.

There was even a lovely photo of one of the WCC members!

Name! Name! - We won't get to see it this side of the pond.....

not sure why I'm special for a change.

You mean apart from when they ugraded you from M to QG?:D

Name! Name! - We won't get to see it this side of the pond.....

It was Mary Ellen. They printed her embarkation photos from 1979 and 2007; eerily similar right down to the kilt she's wearing for both photos!

It was Mary Ellen. They printed her embarkation photos from 1979 and 2007; eerily similar right down to the kilt she's wearing for both photos!

Ms. Mary Ellen Kelly, and the "NOW" caption states: "...Ms. Kelly wearing the same kilt enjoyed her 22nd Queen Elizabeth 2 crossing."

Ms. Kelly suggests a marvelous marketing opportunity to Cunard: Those who regularly sail on a Cunard Queen don't age much and don't gain weight either.

If not completely satisfied after 22 cruises, the entire fare for your first 2007 cruise will be cheerfully refunded in 2029. No questions asked.

Paul

More insults!!! Arrived home from a 4 week vacation and there in my mail was a Crystal flyer (again) AND HAL's Mariner magazine....and I've not sailed with either!! Haven't figured out how I got to Mariner status to get the magazine when Cunard doesn't seem to think I"m World Club and a loyal passenger with a booking for Nov and another planned for Nov 2008....And I must confess HAL is getting my attention with a fabulous itinerary on the new Eurodam (yes, I know it's a Vista) which I'd probably not seen without the magazine.

Cunard is really missing the boat so to speak here...still waiting in SC!!

Cheers, Penny

Hey, Penny, how did you manage that one! I sailed HAL and never once received a copy of their Mariner magazine. Now I do get tons and tons of flyers for promotional sailings - summer in Europe, winter in the Caribbean, Canada/New England, etc. HAL loves me!

Cunard? Well it took a battle just to finally get them to apply my World Club number to my second sailing and just to sign up on their website. I do admit to getting the occasional flyer from Cunard - almost always in regards to the QM2. Still nothing in the volume I get from HAL though.

Zero on the magazine from either cruise line though.

David

Well, Penny, Not to rub it in, but guess what came in the mail today?

Well, it's not worth having a metldown over. If you want, I can scan it and send it to you.

As soon as I get my new (relatively) printer hooked up to my new computer which is as soon as I can find the software (drivers and scanner software) in these piles!

Karie,

who wasn't impressed in comparison with the old Cunarders. And why do they pick such boring recipes?

Well, Penny, Not to rub it in, but guess what came in the mail today?

Well, it's not worth having a metldown over. If you want, I can scan it and send it to you.

Thanks, Karie...no need to go to all that fuss...I'm just enjoying complaining!!:rolleyes: Doubt it has anything I need to know as I"m booked for this fall and planning for next November, all without any help from Cunard!!;) Glad you got your though...who knows..I may get surprised one of these days.:eek:

Cheers, Penny

Ah but we get lots of Cunard stuff, emails, mail shots, brochures, Cunarder and also lots of Princess stuff! We've never sailed Princess or expressed an interest in sailing them. Although wanting to do Alaska in 2009 we may look, Cunard are you listening? Please can you put the Vicky up there?

Oh My - that would be awesome - QV in Alaska? Do you think it is possible? We honeymooned on the Volendam and I won the Bingo cruise so we did the Caribbean on the Maasdam but nothing else on HAL since. We are planning to do HAL for our 10th (in 2010 - Seattle to Seattle) but if the QV is up there, it is a no brainer.

Does anyone else feel like they get a 'warm fuzzy' from Cunard each and every week? Makes good fodder for the shredder.

Does anyone else feel like they get a 'warm fuzzy' from Cunard each and every week? Makes good fodder for the shredder.

Oh yeah!

I believe that Alaska is strictly regulated by the US governement as to the number of ships that can operate up there. However, as Carnival Inc. own several ships up there I don't know if they can move one ship and put another up there that technically belongs to another company? I live in hope.

Getting this thread back on course! Out of frustration reading this board every day I called Cunard World Club to ask why I had not received a copy of the Spring Cunarder. "Oh, we don't do many Cunard mailings these days" was the reply. When I asked why they wouldn't send me a copy of the Cunarder with 3 past sailings and another booked for the end of the year, I was told (again) "I will forward this to technical support". We all know what the result of that will be - nada, zilch, nothing!!!!!

Are you reading this Cunard????????

Archived