How Does One Post a Picture?

Ok ... I ain't too bright. How do I post a picture from "My Pictures" to a thread on this website? My 8 year-old daughter is playing at the neighbors' or I would ask her.

1. Write the text of your message

2. The go to "additional options" below the text box.

3. Click on the "Manage Attachments" Icon/logo

4. Find the photo you wish to attach

5. Preview your post, if you see the photo, then submit your post....otherwise...find your daughter!:eek:

BILL

Ok ... I ain't too bright. How do I post a picture from "My Pictures" to a thread on this website? My 8 year-old daughter is playing at the neighbors' or I would ask her.

Actually it is impossible to post a picture (as noted below) ...

girl-seal.jpg

Okay, so I had a little fun with you. First of all, I would recommend that you not post from my pictures on your computer. You are only allowed to attach very small photos. To post a large picture (as I just did) you need to have the photo hosted on the Internet. There are several photo hosting web sites. One well known one is Webshots. However, it is hard to link to Webshots from outside of Webshots (such as from Cruise Critic). So I don't recommend Webshots.

I use Photobucket.Com. Why? Because it is free and because it allows for a lot of storage. So, start an account at some photo hosting site, then ...

See the little yellow box under the undo arrow? If you put you mouse on it it says insert image. Left click on the little yellow box. Then paste in the image location, and the photo will show up in your post.

If you are still having problems, just post here again, as I am now subscribed to this thread, and will respond.

This is the Freedom of the Seas off the coast of Cozumel ...

FOSoffCozumel.jpg

Yes, the one of the Freedom is great,but I've just got to ask where is the first pic from?

Now that I have swum with the stingrays where can I go to get smooched by a seal?

As noted, the photo of the Freedom is from a photo taken while the Freedom was visiting Cozumel. But I'll bet that is not the question you were really asking. Look at the bottom of the photo. It is from Google Maps.

Stingray City ...

WITW-IVa.jpg

Dolphin smooches ...

Dolphinkiss.jpg

and seal smooches ...

Sealedwithakiss.jpg

... can be obtained in Cozumel.

I've tried, but could never get it. Thanks for this. I have attached thumbnails of shots from "my pictures". And also links to Webshots and Picasa. But they are either small or just links. Let's see if this works? Also, is it just a safety issue with your suggestion not to use images from "my pictures", or something else? Thank you.

DSC00793.jpg

P1010010.jpg

Also, is it just a safety issue with your suggestion not to use images from "my pictures", or something else? Thank you.

The reason I said not to use photos from my pictures on your computer is because the photo has to be hosted on the Internet for the method that I shared to work.

There is no problem with uploading the photo from my pictures on your computer. But don't link to the image that is on your computer. Link to the image that you uploaded to the Internet.

Also, it is a good idea to limit the size of the photo to 800 x 600. If the photo has more pixels that the monitor displays, the viewer will have to scroll.

Thanks, Cuizer. Any suggestions on how to shrink a file? DH likes to use the "super duper", as I call it, setting on the camera, so my pics all have huge file sizes.

I also use the best setting available on my cameras. However, most photo editing software can resize a photo. Photoshop and the Microsoft photo software will resize a photo. There is also a free download from the Internet, from Microsoft, that should do it ...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Just scroll down until you see:

Image Resizer

This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.

Also, if you use Photobucket.Com, click on "edit" (just above the photo) and Photobucket will resize the photo for you. :)

SWEET!!!! Ok, so Photobucket and I will become fast friends. Thanks so much for all of your help with this, hope OP is as enlightened as me. I'm an east coaster, so I really need to get to bed now. Happy cruising dreams!

Also, it is a good idea to limit the size of the photo to 800 x 600. If the photo has more pixels that the monitor displays, the viewer will have to scroll.

I can't begin to tell you what a great feature this has been for me. I was using PhotoBucket for a good while for all my Ebay auction images before I noticed that it would resize for me when I upload. It has saved so much time!

Thanks for the information about the locations of your photos, too. I had no idea they had seals as a part of Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel.

I can't begin to tell you what a great feature this has been for me. I was using PhotoBucket for a good while for all my Ebay auction images before I noticed that it would resize for me when I upload. It has saved so much time!

Thanks for the information about the locations of your photos, too. I had no idea they had seals as a part of Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel.

I have no idea where the seal kissing the girl photo is from. I found the photo on the Internet and liked it.

The other dolphin and seal photos were taken in Cozumel in August 2004. I was not aware of the swim with the seal program until it was mentioned during the swim with the dolphin program. It was an extra $59. And just so nobody gets concerned, you really do get to swim with the dolphin ...

Dolphineunderwater.jpg

Dolphinswim.jpg

and from Stingray City ...

StingrayCity1.jpg

StingrayCity3.jpg

StingrayCity2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I am having problems. I just joined photobucket.com. I am very new at this and do not know how to separate my cruise pictures from past cruises (how to make a sub album). Please help

To separate pictures, either pull, use a knife or scissors. To create a sub album, enter the sub album's name in the box that the red arrow is pointing to (see picture below). Then click on submit (green arrow) ...

PB-subalbum.jpg

As you can see, I have quite a few sub albums. Remember to switch to the sub album before you upload the photos.

Once you create a subalbum, how do you rearrange the pictures to a certain order. How do you share an album without people making changes to your album. i know I have alot of questions. I really appreciate your help.

Last night, I was able to start a subalbum. At first, it would not let me b/c I was trying to set an album as "Mariner of the Seas may 20,2007. It finally allowed me to do it by entering "mariner of the Seas 2007", go figure. Again, thanks for all your help.

PS I was able to post a pic also. I had to use the IMG instead of the URL domain. Thanks to you I'll have this down right.:D

Once you create a subalbum, how do you rearrange the pictures to a certain order. How do you share an album without people making changes to your album. i know I have alot of questions. I really appreciate your help.

Last night, I was able to start a subalbum. At first, it would not let me b/c I was trying to set an album as "Mariner of the Seas may 20,2007. It finally allowed me to do it by entering "mariner of the Seas 2007", go figure. Again, thanks for all your help.

PS I was able to post a pic also. I had to use the IMG instead of the URL domain. Thanks to you I'll have this down right.:D

As to album names, special characters might not be allowed (such as the comma). To post a picture, use the URL and paste into the box that opens when you click on the yellow box above with the mountain in it. The yellow box is just below the Undo arrow. If you leave your mouse on the yellow box it will say "Insert Image". However, I can also post photos using the HTML tag, and in fact use that on another board. So, do whatever works for you.

As to your first set of questions, in the upper right is an "account options" clickable text (which I have highlighted with a red box). Click on that ...

PB-2.jpg

and you will be taken to a screen that allows you to make changes to your album. For example, my album is private (see the yellow arrow) and it is sorted alphabetically (see the purple arrow) ...

PB-3.jpg

Edit these and you can make whatever changes are allowed. I never made my album public, so I am not sure what control you have over it. However, I would assume someone needs your password to make changes. I believe if your album is public, it can be viewed, but not changed (sort of like watching TV).

Thank you again,

I am changing my album to private. I had read somewhere to do the alphabetical order and I already had done so. I was just wondering if I could change the order at a later time

ie I took pictures of the climbing wall, pool deck, sports deck, but it wasn't until the end of the trip when I took pictures of the ice skating rink and the chappel. I wanted all these pics together to have a better flow.

Marinercruise2007023.jpg

trying photobucket, guess this is as good a place to test it as any

IMG_0879.jpg

Why is this so HUGE???? Help

Your photo is 1024 x 768. 800 x 600 works better. Most photo editing software will resize a photo. Also, you can download a free program that will resize a photo from Microsoft ...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

scroll down to Image Resizer and download it.

Finally, when using Photobucket you can resize an image. Either click on the image or click on the word edit just above the image. You will end up with something like below (which is also a 1024 x 768 image) ...

PB-4.jpg

The red arrow points to the resize option. Click on the down arrow and a little menu appears (already showing in the photo above). The yellow line points to the 800 x 600 option.

Archived