Transportation from Rome to Civitavecchia

I am interested in hiring a van or mini-bus to transport eight people (plus luggage) from our hotel in the Via Veneto area to Civitavecchia for our Galaxy cruise. Do any of you have cab or tour operators you can recommend who provide such services? About how much should it cost per person?

Thanks in advance.

Sheila

I highly recommend Stefano with Rome Cabs. You can contact him at romecabs@yahoo.com for a quote. His web site is http://www.romecabs.com. We just returned from Rome, used his services (our wonderful guide, Marco) for transport from port + numerous tours . We only had a car, but they do have vans also. Our rate was a flat rate, not per person so it was quite economical for 2 of us sharing costs. Stefano will respond promptly to any e-mail inquires & I think you would be pleased with his services.

I highly recommend Stefano with Rome Cabs. You can contact him at romecabs@yahoo.com for a quote. His web site is www.romecabs.com. We just returned from Rome, used his services (our wonderful guide, Marco) for transport from port + numerous tours . We only had a car, but they do have vans also. Our rate was a flat rate, not per person so it was quite economical for 2 of us sharing costs. Stefano will respond promptly to any e-mail inquires & I think you would be pleased with his services.

He gave us an hourly rate for the tour, but I guess it's the same thing if he gave you a quote for an "8" hour or "4" hour tour. He said he has different people he uses for transfers vs tours.

Btw, did you tip Marco for the transfers? I always tip for good service for tours, but it seems the transfers are more of a negotiated rate (and not cheap to the port). What are people doing? I understand Marco is from Rome Connections, so has his own company vs just a driver for someone else.

Have you check with the cruiseline? Sometimes their prices are a little bit better. We usually use them whether or not we use their air.

NCL's price for their shuttle from ship to Rome is $99 per person...sounds about the same as using local shuttle when you convert the USD to Euros.

He gave us an hourly rate for the tour, but I guess it's the same thing if he gave you a quote for an "8" hour or "4" hour tour. He said he has different people he uses for transfers vs tours.

Btw, did you tip Marco for the transfers? I always tip for good service for tours, but it seems the transfers are more of a negotiated rate (and not cheap to the port). What are people doing? I understand Marco is from Rome Connections, so has his own company vs just a driver for someone else.

Marco is a common Italian name & there's more than one who is a tour guide/driver. Some friends we met on our cruise had used another Marco & were not happy. You definitly will want to get the Marco from Rome Cabs. Stefano can fix you up. Yes, we tipped Marco 10% for transfers & tours. We had 2 transfers & 4 tours & were just "blown away" by the good service. From reading these threads I think that some people do not tip anything but our service was so outstanding I just couldn't keep from tipping. It's not often that I tip with a happy heart, but this was one of those times.

Archived