Just back from Alaska on the Star!

pumba526

What a fabulous cruise!! :D Beautiful ship, perfect weather and way too much food! I will be posting a review after I get unpacked and back to reality.

But in the meantime if anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer what I could.

Also, I have a full set of the Freestyle Dailys for the week if anyone is interested...I can mail them to you.

JoAnn

i watched your entire trip from the web cam! i leave this friday for seattle and i'm soooo excited.

please email me the freestyle dailies! i'm at citizengwen@gmail.com

when is lobster night? i'm trying to decide where i want to eat each night but i don't want to plan sushi night on lobster night.

any tips you have will be appreciated. i've done my due diligence researching but i still feel like i don't know a thing.

I am also waiting to read your review. Glad you really enjoyed the cruise. We leave for Alaska in August and we can't wait. This is our very first cruise. Celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary. I would appreciate it if you would also send me copies of the dailies. Email me at falina50@yahoo.com. Thank you in advance.

Bosslady:)

What a fabulous cruise!! :D Beautiful ship, perfect weather and way too much food! I will be posting a review after I get unpacked and back to reality.

But in the meantime if anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer what I could.

Also, I have a full set of the Freestyle Dailys for the week if anyone is interested...I can mail them to you.

JoAnn

Oh, yea... Thanks! Since I'm leaving 20 days from today :) I sure would like to see them. My email address is miami@charter.net.

I'm still undecided about what clothes to bring.. I know that it can change but what were the temperatures like? What was your favorite excursion?

Glad you had a great cruise. Looking forward to your review.

Looking forward to your review :)

A couple quick questions (once you've caught your breath)

• Which day did they do the laundry special?
  • Did you see jeans (dark denim, clean) in the dining rooms for dinner?
  • Did you use/need your rain jacket?

Thanks so much for your time! Glad to hear you had a great time!!

I would love to hear about what excursions you took. I am booked on this trip in September and there are just so many excursions to choose from I am having a hard time making decisions on those!

Pumba -- so glad to hear you had a great cruise; dh, dd, sil and I are on the Star 6/9. Would love to see the dailies -- suzequdavid@yahoo.com -- thanks!

A couple questions when you have the time --

1) how close did the Star get to Sawyer Glacier? We had heard that you cnn't get close early in the year, so were thinking about doing the Tracy Arm Fjord/Glacier Explorer excursion.

2) how casual was the dress at dinner? (we had planned on khakis/polos, as these cruises seem to be more informal)

3) can you tell us about your excursions?

Thanks -- :)

Pumba, thanks for offering to answer last minute questions, since I am leaving Thursday for Seattle for the 5/19 sailing. See you there Rram and CitizenGwen!

Please hurry and unpack so we can hear from you!:p

Also curious about the temps and rain and how you did packing wise, how close you got to Sawyer glacier from the ship, nice jeans in dining rooms. the dailies (illy4flowers@hotmail.com) OH and 1 more thing...when you guys left Seattle, did you cruise the canadian inside passage OR around Vancouver Island? If you did the canadian inside passage, did it get dark too early to enjoy it? Just curious...

So excited!

Glad to hear you had a great time - can't wait to read the whole review!

We leave on the 5/19 sailing :) and packing right up to Friday night... we live in Seattle - LAYERS folks :) today it is the mid 70's by the end of the week mid 60s. SE Alaska can be anything!!! Forcast is for high 50s - but you never know in May!

Would love to see the dailies as well... chrisnbrent@yahoo.com

Thank you!

Archived