bottled wine question

ti2xgrr

Slightly off topic from OP, but not totally unrelated: If you bring your own wine on board, as HAL allows, can you take it to the DR in advance (that morning, or the night before) and have them chill it for you? I know they charge a corkage fee (which is reasonable), and I would expect that would cover chilling it, but you never know.

If not, can one get a bucket and ice delivered to the stateroom and chill it oneself that way?

I know there are fridges in at least some cabins, but from what I've read they might not have the space and/or chilling power to handle a full-size wine bottle, at least not without removing the minibar contents. Or am I wrong about that?

All info appreciated - thanks!

PS: No flames please - I'm not planning to chill any red wines!:D

We had a wine bucket on our vanity permanently....our wonderful room steward filled it with ice every day...kept the whites wonderfully cold....we took it to the dining room each night, wrapped in a napkin...

Slightly off topic from OP, but not totally unrelated: If you bring your own wine on board, as HAL allows, can you take it to the DR in advance (that morning, or the night before) and have them chill it for you?

Yes, you can bring it in advance---either that morning or the night before. You could also have your cabin steward send it to the dining room for you and save yourself the trip.

... You could also have your cabin steward send it to the dining room for you and save yourself the trip.

Ooohhh - how delightfully luxurious - it would never have occurred to me even to ASK for something like that! Now I start to understand why people rave about HAL's service!

Thanks for the info! If I could figure out how to send you a nice piece of chocolate over the internet, I'd attach one!:D In lieu of that, permit me to offer a suggestion (assuming you like dark chocolate) - if you ever come across Terra Nostra Dark Chocolate Truffle bars (it's an organic brand, so sometimes you can find it in health food stores), RUN do not walk to the nearest cash register, with as many as you can comfortably carry.

Archived