Driving to Florida? Be prepared for road closures

jaxwhitey

I saw last night that I-75 was closed from the Georgia line to south of I-10. And I-10 was closed on both sides of I-75 as well.

And today I-95 is closed just north of Jacksonville and north of I-295.

All are due to wildfires, so if you are driving to Tampa, Jacksonville, Pt Canaveral, Ft Lauderdale or Miami from out of state, make sure that you are aware of the current road closures, keep alternate routes in mind and budget some extra time just in case.

The Lakeland area is one of the hardest hit. Have you noticed on FOX news that they always show someone broacasting from Lakeland? I dont know that we know now how bad it will be in a week though. Central Orlando should be fine.

I was hoping to get more news of the fires myself on the weather station or FOX tonight but no current updates on.

The fires are near Lake City, not Lakeland. It is Lake City that is on the news.

Lake City is on I 75, just south of I 10 - Lakeland is Southwest of Orlando, they are nowhere near each other.

thanks

I wish they would show more on the fires on Nat'l News, just catching bits and pieces I admit. If this was another fire in Calif we would see it non stop, so dont understand why so little coverage of this fire in Florida.

Stormy weather is moving in and the potential for high winds and lightning has people worried. Stay away, if possible, for the immediate future.

People worried....gimme a break???? That's what it's like here in South Florida all the time when the rainy season begins. Stop with the scare tactics, totally unnecessary. :rolleyes:

Archived