Thermal Suite on Volendam

kathy_bc

We will be going on our first HAL cruise in a few weeks.

We are very interested in the Thermal Suites. Having never stepped foot in the spa areas of any of the ships we have been on, I have no idea what to expect.

Do they provide robes there? Are there private changing rooms??

Any idea on the prices??

thanks!

kathy

We used the Thermal Spa on our last cruise on the Maasdam. We wore our swimsuits and robes from our cabin to and from the Spa. That said, there are private changing rooms for men and women, with small lockers where you can put your clothes if you wish to wear them. Robes and rubber slippers are provided for you at the Spa. There are hugh showers available as well.

Our cruise was a 10 day, and I believe we paid $240 for the both of us for the whole trip. We used it daily (and a couple of days twice!), with the exception of the last three days when it was closed off because of a small norovirus outbreak. They credited us for those days with no questions asked.

The price seems to vary somewhat from what I have read on these boards, but on the Maasdam then, you could get a day pass for $20 per person. So as you can see, it's much cheaper to buy the whole trip pass.

Cheers,

We LOVE the Thermal Suite. Recently on Westerdam, it was $99 a person or $150 for a couples pass for a week. For $250 we got a couples pass to the Thermal Suite and the Hydropool, but I don't think Volendam has a hydropool.

The Thermal Suite is co-ed so you do need to wear a swim suit. We wear the robes from our room up.

Here are some Thermal Suite pictures:

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/thermal.html

They vary a bit from ship to ship but they are always wonderful!

Have a GREAT cruise!

thank you so much. The pictures look wonderful.

Do all the staterooms have the robes? We will be in the inside.

I can hardly wait to try this area out. Sounds like our kind of place!

thanks,

k

We used the Thermal Spa on our last cruise on the Maasdam. We wore our swimsuits and robes from our cabin to and from the Spa. That said, there are private changing rooms for men and women, with small lockers where you can put your clothes if you wish to wear them. Robes and rubber slippers are provided for you at the Spa. There are hugh showers available as well.

I guess I never noticed people wearing robes before. That's probably what I would like to do, but do people ever look at you funny for wearing it? I guess I worry to much that I don't fit in.

thanks!

thank you so much. The pictures look wonderful.

Do all the staterooms have the robes? We will be in the inside.

I can hardly wait to try this area out. Sounds like our kind of place!

thanks,

k

Usually you need to ask your cabin steward for them.

You can just wear a cover up over your swim suit, too ...

guess I never noticed people wearing robes before. That's probably what I would like to do, but do people ever look at you funny for wearing it?

Yes, they do. You may or may not notice them noticing you, but they do.

Cabin bathrobes belong in ... the cabin!

Yes, they do. You may or may not notice them noticing you, but they do.

Cabin bathrobes belong in ... the cabin!

Where in the world do you get that idea? What do you think people wear up to the pool? What do you think people wear up to the spa? Robes are made to serve as cover ups so you don't go exposing innocents to the sight of your belly or wind up dripping on the floor of the elevator.

What do you do -- traipse up to the pool in your bikini and splatter water on your way down?

Just because the robes are hanging on the wall of your cabin doesn't mean they can't leave it!

Or did I miss an edition of DA RULZ that you wrote someplace??

:D

Mike, I wouldn't want to look at me wearing a bikini even in an inside cabin, with all the lights off, wearing dark glasses, at midnight. :eek:

When I head off to swim I wear a long, floaty sundress over my swimsuit.

Once, I was nearing the pool very late in the afternoon on a formal night. Early diners were already heading through there on the way to cocktails in the Crow's Nest. Someone commented on my lovely "gown". :rolleyes:

Archived