Live on Journey 5/12/07

ella99

Do you enjoy having an expected four day visit to a foreign country cut short by a day because the ship couldn't leave the pier?

Do you like to have workmen in your room, most times without notice?

Do you enjoy and expect to have a pool and pooldeck available when you cruise?

Do you expect to only get lip service or lies when you try to bring a problem to someone's attention?

If so, you would have had a great time on the Journey.

WOW ! THANKS DAVE, I LOVE ALL THAT STUFF!

IT'S REALLY GOING TO EXCEDE MY EXPECTATIONS!

THE ONLY THING I MISSED OUT ON WAS THE FREE CRUISE!

I have missed a port due to weather and the pool had to be closed and the workmen came into the room numerous times to fix the nonexistent A/C. All on the same cruise and it wasn't FREE. Not even a SBC for dealing with it all. But we still enjoyed our vacation. So I'm not very sympathetic to the complaints.

Dear ella 99,

Thanks for some update.

Glad you are enjoying yourself.

I really prefer the facts that pertain to the cruise.

If anyone else on the May and early June cruises can continue to reply without fear of comments, I certainly will appreciate the time you take during or after the cruise to give us info.

What is a SBC?

Is there AC in all the public rooms? staterooms? Is it working anywhere?

Any activities for youth?

Easy to get table for large group in dining room

We are bringing 15 so we have a lot at stake.

Any days the pool was open? lounge chairs? in good condition?

Workman everywhere? only in rooms with problems?

Safes available and working?

Thanks for the help.

I would rather be aware and so prepared than surprised and so disappointed. We have planned and looked forward to this cruise for a long time.

I do wish that Celebrity was more up front. When I spoke to their rep , they said they were not really aware of the problems since they do not see the info that cruisers post. Maybe it should be required reading for them - from the president down. It could help them to realize that they should be forthcoming with the reality of the situation.

Looking forward to hearing more and hoping the everything comes together for everyone sooner than later.

She said it was awful they where still doing construction . She couldnt go out on her veranda as they where scraping paint overhead and all the paint chips where falling down on her.When they went to the buffet to eat workers where scrapng paint in there and dust was all over the workers had on masks . They went with a group and when three couples went back to there room there couch was removed and a chair and small table was placed instead they where told they where taken out for another cruise. they couldnt figure that one out. The pool was awful the only good thing she said was the dining room food was good. She went to the front desk to seek out the head person in charge and they came out to spreak to her she told them we better go inside your office ubnless you want the whole ship to hear me. They wrote up a letter with her compalints and signed it. She also called celebrity and told them if she dosent get a full refund she is going further. She has been on 8 cruises and this was the cruise from hell. They where suppose to leave at 3 oclock but didnt get off till 6 as they where still loading the ship up. The whole ship is still under construction. I cannot understand why celebrity got rid of the zenith . Tjis ship should never have been allowed out to see under consrtuction

She said it was awful they where still doing construction . She couldnt go out on her veranda as they where scraping paint overhead and all the paint chips where falling down on her.When they went to the buffet to eat workers where scrapng paint in there and dust was all over the workers had on masks . They went with a group and when three couples went back to there room there couch was removed and a chair and small table was placed instead they where told they where taken out for another cruise. they couldnt figure that one out. The pool was awful the only good thing she said was the dining room food was good. She went to the front desk to seek out the head person in charge and they came out to spreak to her she told them we better go inside your office ubnless you want the whole ship to hear me. They wrote up a letter with her compalints and signed it. She also called celebrity and told them if she dosent get a full refund she is going further. She has been on 8 cruises and this was the cruise from hell. They where suppose to leave at 3 oclock but didnt get off till 6 as they where still loading the ship up. The whole ship is still under construction. I cannot understand why celebrity got rid of the zenith . Tjis ship should never have been allowed out to see under consrtuction

How did your friend just get back, when the ship hasn't returned from Bermuda yet?

she went a few weeks ago I guess I shouldnt have said just got back Sorry

Things will have changed since a few weeks ago so not an updated report.

only 3rd cruise done this Saturday

Is there AC in all the public rooms? staterooms? Is it working anywhere?

Any activities for youth?

Easy to get table for large group in dining room

We are bringing 15 so we have a lot at stake.

Any days the pool was open? lounge chairs? in good condition?

Workman everywhere? only in rooms with problems?

Safes available and working?

Air conditioning was working in all of the public rooms, however, since the weather in Bermuda is only around 74 degrees, you may need an extra blanket at times.

Seating large groups could be a problem. The larger tables look to seat only 8 -10, not 15.

The pool was open, but the lounge chairs are still the same from the first sailing.

Workmen were not everywhere, but they were present on deck 11, which is the sun deck. This deck was off-limits for most of the week, but part of this was due to the high winds while enroute back to Bayonne.

Safes are working.

The pool was open, but the lounge chairs are still the same from the first sailing.

Has there been any statement as to when these will be replaced?

That style of lounger is very uncomfortable, and certainly not Deluxe or Premium, let alone "luxury."

Could you tell us what type of furniture was at the aft casual dining area?

Hopefully, it is not that cheap white plastic stuff.

Has there been any statement as to when these will be replaced?

That style of lounger is very uncomfortable, and certainly not Deluxe or Premium, let alone "luxury."

Could you tell us what type of furniture was at the aft casual dining area?

Hopefully, it is not that cheap white plastic stuff.

No cheap plastic stuff in the aft dining area. The tables and chairs are teak and chrome.

No cheap plastic stuff in the aft dining area. The tables and chairs are teak and chrome.

Thanks, fog. I appreciate the response. Someone referred to photos, but I haven't seen any. Could someone please post the website address to see recent pictures of the Journey that include the aft dining area?

Archived