Bayou Café & Steakhouse

makeup face

Glad to hear the reviews are positive:) We're looking to maybe going twice...once for my sister's BD and than one day when we may not like what's being served in the dining rooms.....like french day or whatever day has frog legs on the menu:eek: Do you remember what the cover change was? The think I saw $20.00 somewhere:confused:

We had lunch there yesterday. (Just off the Island coastal). My husbad had the gator ribs and liked them. The taste I had was good, but did have tiny bone.

I had the peel-n-eat shrimp and the sausage as a combo appetizer. It was good, but the shrimp didn't really peel well, so were difficult to eat. (our guess was that they should have been boiled first).

He had the New York Steak, and I had the filet. Both yummy.

I do recommend it, although I might not eat there again, because I'm not a big fish fan and alot of their first courses involve fish. The cover charge was 15.00 each.

The fried peach pie (actually a peach turnover) and the sweet potato pie were also quite good.

If you like the Southern New Orleans style food it's very good.

And finally, they have piano music when they're open for lunch.

abby

on the island princess last month, i had a very good steak at bayou.

tons of food. i liked it better than sabatinis. hector was an exceptional host, and sang us a song to commemorate our anniversary. definately worth the $15. i just wish i would have tried the gator ribs!

Over a 15 day Hawaii cruise on the Isl;and we ate at the Bayou 3 times. The food we had there was hands down better than anything we ever ate in New Orleans. Add to that the wonderful band and service and this gets an nA+ from us. I asked hubby where he wants to eat for our 20th anniversary and he said given a choice he'd eat at the Bayou.

We dined @ the Bayou Cafe 2 times while sailing on the Coral in Nov. through the Panama Canal. It was our very favorite! Lots of food though, so have a hearty appetite when you go. Our travel companions also enjoyed it. Nothing negative to say about it.

PinkSuit

Just off the Island Princess and had a lovely anniversary dinner at the Bayou. The cover charge was $15.00 per person and there is a wide selection of cocktails for $4.50 each. I had the mint julep and my DH had the New Orleans tea. Both were excellent. We had the oysters and the gator ribs and the grilled prawns for dinner. My husband declared the food to be better than New Orleans. Don't miss the fried peach for dessert. The Maitre'D came and sang to us which made it even more special. We both preferred the Bayou to Sabatini's.

Just off the Island Princess and had a lovely anniversary dinner at the Bayou. The cover charge was $15.00 per person and there is a wide selection of cocktails for $4.50 each. I had the mint julep and my DH had the New Orleans tea. Both were excellent. We had the oysters and the gator ribs and the grilled prawns for dinner. My husband declared the food to be better than New Orleans. Don't miss the fried peach for dessert. The Maitre'D came and sang to us which made it even more special. We both preferred the Bayou to Sabatini's.

Thanks everyone for the information....I can't wait...my mouth is watering:eek:

What does a mint julep taste like:) Never had one...thinking about trying it at the Bayou. I have to make sure someone sings to my sister on her birthday:D

Thanks everyone for the information....I can't wait...my mouth is watering:eek:

What does a mint julep taste like:) Never had one...thinking about trying it at the Bayou. I have to make sure someone sings to my sister on her birthday:D

I think they use a simple sugar syrup, crushed mint, and bourbon. I am not a big bourbon drinker, but these are yummy. There is a Bayou Bar, next to the restaurant, and you can have a drink in the bar and listen or dance to the music, even if you are not eating at the restaurant. The drinks were so good, we went back a second night just for the drinks.:D

I think they use a simple sugar syrup, crushed mint, and bourbon. I am not a big bourbon drinker, but these are yummy. There is a Bayou Bar, next to the restaurant, and you can have a drink in the bar and listen or dance to the music, even if you are not eating at the restaurant. The drinks were so good, we went back a second night just for the drinks.:D

Thanks partybarbie...that's great information:) I've talked my sister into splitting a mint julep with me......I know I'll end up drinking it all:eek: The Bayou Bar just may be my spot for New Year's Eve:D :D

Archived