What's with the Penguins??

Someone posted this on a thread and I don't remember which one...

http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_134084553.html

If you look at the second video on the right, it's a really long "unedited" view of the outside of the ship as the camera zooms in and out on the ship.

There is a section outside the ship around 3/4 through that has some penguins on the top of the ship...

:confused:

I just love the fact that they have the penguins on a ship that will be doing ONLY Caribbean sailings! :D LOL! Those are cute!

Although now that I think about it, the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas has live penguins out by their pool area and they are actually penguins that thrive in the heat! Go figure!:p

I am going to try again to post the image here, instead of just a link:

2797985420077959744SAIaVr_th.jpg

Ahhh! Thanks for the photo! Perhaps they are to remind us that we're in the Caribbean and not somewhere where there's snow....I guess...:)

Steve Faber (Senior Contributor here on Cruise Critic) came up with an idea that I think hits the nail right on the head:

Sources high up in the Fitness Department when confronted with your question stated unequivocally: "If you find out the answer, please let us know."

So, neither the Fitness Folks nor the penguins are forthcoming, but here's my take on it. Remember that the ship's theme is "Illusion or Reality," and that much of the art is in the form of a juxtaposition of real and simulated images. Therefore, a tableau of arctic penuins sunning themselves on the deck of a ship in the tropics fits in with the theme.

Makes sense to me!:D

Archived