Island Princess Review 4/26/07

sassystyxfan

:D :D :D I'm glad you were there!
No, as I say before, I'm glad YOU were there...if you hadn't have pulled us into line, I'm sure we would have been chum for the fishies...that one lady was M-A-D mad!!

No, as I say before, I'm glad YOU were there...if you hadn't have pulled us into line, I'm sure we would have been chum for the fishies...that one lady was M-A-D mad!!

She thought that because she was Elite, she could just get to the head of the line in front of ALL the OTHER Elites!

Jamie, Happy Belated Birthday to you too!! Brian, you had to mention 8 sea days didn't you. It put me into a meditative bliss just thinking about it. Hey maybe in a few years we'll have that little black card too. If not, we always manage to have a good time, even at a 2am muster call!!

Jamie, October in Hawaii sounds fabulous...We'll be in Alaska in August, so probably too soon to cruise again. Brian, two years sounds good, but Mr Sunshine still keeps talking about cruising Europe. Decisions decisions........ Aloha everyone, might have to make a mai tai for coctail hour. Karen

Jamie, Happy Belated Birthday to you too!! Brian, you had to mention 8 sea days didn't you. It put me into a meditative bliss just thinking about it. Hey maybe in a few years we'll have that little black card too. If not, we always manage to have a good time, even at a 2am muster call!!

Jamie, October in Hawaii sounds fabulous...We'll be in Alaska in August, so probably too soon to cruise again. Brian, two years sounds good, but Mr Sunshine still keeps talking about cruising Europe. Decisions decisions........ Aloha everyone, might have to make a mai tai for coctail hour. Karen

Yes...8 GLORIOUS days at sea...if you like being at sea, this is the itinerary for you. Nothing better.

You and Mr. Sunshine will just have to book your European cruise between now and two years from now ;)

I know. I am just being a cheeky monkey;) .

I forgot to mention all the "stuff the black card gets you" that isn't on the Princess website. I received grilled onions on my chicken sandwich at the poolside grill (that was after the cook told my friend that he had too many orders that day and couldn't grill any onions). I was seated next to a very handsome Italian man, Guieseppe, the Staff Engineer, at the Captain's luncheon. I got to keep my bottle of tequila in Ensenada (and the 5 bottles of pineapple wine in Hawaii). But best of all, on the second day of the cruise, I introduced myself to Mark and Billy, who told me whatever they could do to make me happy, just ask. .

WE GOT TO KEEP OUR BOTTLE OF TEQUILA TOO WHEN ON OUR CRUISE

BUT WE DON'T HAVE A BLACK CARD;) HOWEVER, DID NOT GET GRILLED

ONIONS ON OUR CHICKEN SANDWICH. We did not get to take part

in a captain's luncheon since we're only blue card members at this

point. Only 15 cruises to go until we can dine with the captain....and BTW, I get to dine with a very

handsome Italian man every day and night and I don't even need a black card since he's my husband! LOL

Yes...8 GLORIOUS days at sea...if you like being at sea, this is the itinerary for you. Nothing better.

You and Mr. Sunshine will just have to book your European cruise between now and two years from now ;)

Karen,

I agree with Brian -- you must do Europe so that we can plan the 2009 Hawaii cruise!!

Brian,

I completely agree -- 8 GLORIOUS SEA DAYS!!! I can't wait for our October 4th sailing! :D :D And I will watch out for the "evil eye" people who don't like the priority tender tickets! :eek:

Karen,

I agree with Brian -- you must do Europe so that we can plan the 2009 Hawaii cruise!!

Brian,

I completely agree -- 8 GLORIOUS SEA DAYS!!! I can't wait for our October 4th sailing! :D :D And I will watch out for the "evil eye" people who don't like the priority tender tickets! :eek:

You're making me envious...and seriously, it would be great to hear how Diamond Princess works with the itinerary compared to Island Princess - you'll be in the know! ;)

You're making me envious...and seriously, it would be great to hear how Diamond Princess works with the itinerary compared to Island Princess - you'll be in the know! ;)

I too am very interested to see how the Diamond is compared to the Island Princess. I will definitely let everyone know. I wonder if the Diamond will handle the open seas better than the Island? :confused: I have heard that it might.

I too am very interested to see how the Diamond is compared to the Island Princess. I will definitely let everyone know. I wonder if the Diamond will handle the open seas better than the Island? :confused: I have heard that it might.
The common thought is that the Grand Class ships are flat bottomed and therefore don't handle the open seas that well. On the other hand, I read somewhere that part of the issues that Princess had with Chantiers when Coral and Island were built was with stability of the ships...

So who knows...? :D They've sailed Diamond and Sapphire across the Pacific a number of times...I'm sure you'll be fine. If not, have a martini - that will help ;)

The common thought is that the Grand Class ships are flat bottomed and therefore don't handle the open seas that well. On the other hand, I read somewhere that part of the issues that Princess had with Chantiers when Coral and Island were built was with stability of the ships...

So who knows...? :D They've sailed Diamond and Sapphire across the Pacific a number of times...I'm sure you'll be fine. If not, have a martini - that will help ;)

Very interesting..........either way I think I will need a martini! :D :D

Archived