Basel to Zurich transportation

pshaze

I need to arrange transportation from where the Avalon Tapestry drops off passengers in Basel to Zurich for my 70ish parents. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Avalon would not let us book the transfer through them because we did not purchase air with their cruise. (We wanted to send them first class and Avalon did not offer this.) They will be staying in a hotel in Zurich for several days before returning home. I also tried to book the hotel in Zurich (with Avalon) for after the cruise but they would not do that either. Had I not already purchased the plane tickets I would seriously reconsider using Avalon Waterways.

I’m not sure they will be comfortable getting on the train (especially with their luggage) by themselves. Any help would be appreciated!

Not any help here but I agree with you that transfers should be an option even with out air. I purchased transfers for Amadeus and booked my own air.

I hope you come up with a great solution for your parents.

I suggest you contact the hotel in Zurich where they will be staying for the name of a company that does private transfers.I am sure they will be able to give you some information. Many hotels actually have arrngements with transfer companies.

Archived