Queen's Award to Michael Groves and Som

norm2002

Norm,

An excellent article about two very courageous men armed with only rudimentary defensive weapons.

I hope the parent company has instituted other measures to discourage any further encounters.

From information gathered, I understand the LRAD is very effective, but is always supported by lethal secondary options.

(Long Live the Watch and Red Hackle) Jack

Hello all,

Just a reminder of the board rules. Please feel free to read the community guidelines (http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm or email Laura S at community@cruisecritic.com with any questions.

Special Note Regarding Removal Of Posts

"Posts will, from time to time, be removed from our forums at the sole discretion of Cruise Critic without notification to the author or discussion participants. We may also MOVE a post to our Floataway Lounge that has veered off the original topic. All decisions regarding post removal are final. "

Host Dan

And the award is also big news here on Cruise Critic :) -- it's our item of the week; check out the photo and news item....

www.cruisecritic.com/news

Best,

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor

Cruise Critic

hi2.gif Carolyn

Maybe I will see you on another line. Ross Klein,PHD agrees with me on the stupid move by Seabourn for not taking care of the security officers.

I’m with you re: the stupidity of it for Seabourn, from a PR perspective and from one involving staff commitment. The financial loss would have been amazing (to Seabourn and to the industry generally) had the pirates been successful … the image of cruises as safe would have been pretty well destroyed.
IMHO, in the future, security people on Seabourn will not put themselves in danger, knowing Seabourn will not take care of them.

Archived