Feedback on AOTE Program in Alaska

yojimbo

My wife and 14-year-old son will be on the Mariner in Alaska this July and are interested in the Ambassadors of the Environment program for youths.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the program.

Thanks,

Jim

I've wondered the same thing. I called Regent and spoke to an ndividual who convinced me to try it. They have a number of activities on board for the kids. I'll be signing my 11 yr. daughter and 13 1/2 yr son up for hte July 11 sail date! When are you sailing?

My kids haven't done the Ambassodors of the Envionment program; however, I can tell you that they loved the program for teens on our cruise from Istanbul to Athens a couple of years ago. There were probably only 6-7 teenagers on the boat, but the lady who did the program was really nice and planned things that they really enjoyed. One night, they had a pizza party and watched movies. They had some video game competitions and did some other really fun (for them) stuff. The alternative would have been hanging around with parents, so I am sure that helped too. They earned points for participating in activities, and at the end of the cruise, exchanged them for prizes, some of which were really nice.

So, even though this is a different sort of program (more educational), the people at Regent really work to put together something that teens will enjoy.

MarleysMom----We're on the July 11 sailing also. We've decided to sign our son up for the AOTE program, so it looks like our kids will be hanging out (and learning) together.

Jim

Archived