What ship is best to take to bermuda out of NY or NJ

Ginna

As a rule ships will dock in Bermuda. Its a very rare occasion when they tender. I would suggest any ship that docks in St. George and Hamilton.
NCL or Celebrity would be a good choice..

I'd recommend Hamilton or St Georges. Hamilton is the most central of the ports and is the main city but Hamilton is also a busy place. If your Grandmother would prefer a quieter port (but still with decent shopping close by) then St. Georges might be better. There are also nice beaches close to St. Georges but they are not the 'showcase beaches' like Horseshoe Bay, which are closer to Hamilton. Beaches like Horseshoe Bay are about 20 minutes ride from Hamilton, and 45+ minutes from St. Georges.

In Bermuda I believe all the ships dock. We are on the Majesty for the first time so I cannot tellyou for sure but there was a review about it being small and the person who wrote it said how great it was for his elderly parents to find their way around. Good Luck, Bermuda is worth the trip!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I will be sailing from Port Liberty this spring aboard the Zenith. I want to arrange to be picked up at the port after the cruise (either by a limo company or relative) and was wondering if anyone had any tips for the best way to coordinate a pick up time and place. Is there a specific place or lot for picking up passengers? Any tips from past travellers would be greatly appreciated! Thanks:)

Will be taking our fourth cruise to Bermuda on June 8, 2005 on RSSC's Seven Seas Navigator in a category B suite. This is the smallest ship we have ever been on 33,000 GRT, 490 PAX.

Have previously been to Bermuda in September 2000 on Celebrity's Horizon, a small but really nice ship. 47,000 GRT, 1400 PAX.

Returned to Bermuda in May of 2001 on RCCL's Nordic Empress (now the Empress of the Seas), 49,000 GRT, 1500 PAX. That was a repositioning cruise from San Juan to NYC with stops in St. Thomas and St. Maarten, and three full days in Bermuda. Great time.

Went back to Bermuda in August of 2002 on Celebrity's Zenith, a near sister to the Horizon. Horizon was a nicer ship IMHO. All the ships we were on were/are small (less than 50,000 GRT, 1500 PAX), so they can make it through the cut to get into St. Georges. The larger ships going to Bermuda these days only visit the Royal Naval Dockyard (King's Wharf),due to their size they can't even dock at Hamilton.

Bermuda is wonderful, great weather, really nice people. But the prices are rather steep. What ever ship you take, might not be the BEST, but you will have a great time.

Harbor Night's are really fun in Hamilton on Wednesdays, and the walking tour in St. Georges by the town crier are also a must. Another must if you can handle the stairs is Gibbs Hill Lighthouse, what a view. A great shore excursion in on the WildCat Cattamaran. What a ride.

Enjoy. Only 102 more days, I can't wait.

Thanks for tipping me off to Harbor Nights. We're cruising on the Horizon from Philadelphia on October 15th.

I like balconies but, since there's only one on the Horizon and we didn't get it, I booked the last outside cabin on the Bermuda (Bahamas?) deck. There's a door to the deck outside right next to our cabin door. We're on starboard side. That is the side that looks out on Front Street, isn't it?

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='bbcstt']Will be taking our fourth cruise to Bermuda on June 8, 2005 on RSSC's Seven Seas Navigator in a category B suite. This is the smallest ship we have ever been on 33,000 GRT, 490 PAX.

Have previously been to Bermuda in September 2000 on Celebrity's Horizon, a small but really nice ship. 47,000 GRT, 1400 PAX.

Returned to Bermuda in May of 2001 on RCCL's Nordic Empress (now the Empress of the Seas), 49,000 GRT, 1500 PAX. That was a repositioning cruise from San Juan to NYC with stops in St. Thomas and St. Maarten, and three full days in Bermuda. Great time.

Went back to Bermuda in August of 2002 on Celebrity's Zenith, a near sister to the Horizon. Horizon was a nicer ship IMHO. All the ships we were on were/are small (less than 50,000 GRT, 1500 PAX), so they can make it through the cut to get into St. Georges. The larger ships going to Bermuda these days only visit the Royal Naval Dockyard (King's Wharf),due to their size they can't even dock at Hamilton.

Bermuda is wonderful, great weather, really nice people. But the prices are rather steep. What ever ship you take, might not be the BEST, but you will have a great time.

Harbor Night's are really fun in Hamilton on Wednesdays, and the walking tour in St. Georges by the town crier are also a must. Another must if you can handle the stairs is Gibbs Hill Lighthouse, what a view. A great shore excursion in on the WildCat Cattamaran. What a ride.

Enjoy. Only 102 more days, I can't wait.[/QUOTE]

We did the Seven Seas Navigator to Bermuda last year. You will love the ship. One of the best cruises we ever had. Enjoy.

Archived