Nile cruise query

soccerref

Hi,

Just booked a Nile cruise with Thomson holidays on RA 11 for Easter 08 (Yes, I know ....but I do like to be organised and we have no flexibility with holiday dates so need to get in quickly if we really want something). I was wondering if anyone has had experience of this ship and/or this type of cruise. Any information will be gratefully received.

Thank you

We just returned in March from Uniworlds Nile trip. 2 nites in Cairo, 7 on the river and 2 more in Cairo. Some of the river cruises can be as short as 4 days. 7 was not enough. It was awesome--like stepping into a time warp and yet seeing homes on the riverbank with satellite dishes. You have your own guide with your group the entire time, unlike Europe where every stop usually means a new guide. Our boat was not new but very clean and well taken care of. The entire staff was male and they were very good at their jobs. The sites were remarkable, but just cruising was an education in itself. Something no one else has mentioned were the river vendors. While waiting to go thru the one lock, these blue row boats tie up to your boat and start throwing merchandise up to the top deck. If your like it, you bargain. Payment goes back in a weighted bag. Some of the lines cater to non English speaking groups and some to English speaking. Go!! It is an experience never to be forgotten. Pat

I was on a Nile cruise (ship was Oberoi Shehrayar) as part of a two week tour of Egypt with Homeric Tours. We were treated like royalty! You might want to look into it. Judy:)

Hi,

Just booked a Nile cruise with Thomson holidays on RA 11 for Easter 08 (Yes, I know ....but I do like to be organised and we have no flexibility with holiday dates so need to get in quickly if we really want something). I was wondering if anyone has had experience of this ship and/or this type of cruise. Any information will be gratefully received.

Thank you

Archived