should I bring a stroller??

newyork

I first cruised with my daughter when she was 8 months old. I bought a light weigt stroller just for the cruise and it was perfect. I owuldn't recommend going without a stroller. We have taken her on 2 cruises and I haven't brought a carseat either time though. I haven't ever seen anyone else with a carseat either. Just a thought, not sure if you really need one.

I know for sure that I want to bring a stroller. I have heard a travel size, that reclines, that also has a shade "Thingy". Where can I find one? Any particular brand. Let me add that my child will be 19 months when we cruise. She is also a BIG 19 mo. old. Therefore....I don't think too light weight is the answer. Any help would be great.

Sorry to jump in here, but for $20 you can get a

Cosco Deluxe Comfort Ride

at Kmart:

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_9990000025530511P?vName=Baby&cName=Gear&keyword=stroller

or at Walmart:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5031422

These fold up small, recline a bit, and have a basket underneath.

We had both a Graco Travelight stroller (too bulky) and an umbrella stroller (no storage). The Cosco stroller is our go-to stroller that we keep in our car. It also worked great for our trip to Jamaica last year. I believe the weight limit is 40 lbs.

There's not necessarily any reason to buy a new stroller - I always bring my Graco Duoglider - a monster double-stroller (front/back) for my twins with no problem. You most want to make sure it has the sun cover and the recliner.

Best,

Mia

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I will go with the Wal-Mart / K-Mart. We have a stroller now, but I think that it would be a little heavy. Any comments on the cribs? I plan to bring my own sheets. Will they take it in each night or will it stay in our cabin.?

Just to get back to the umbrella stroller, that's all we use for our 3 year old. Granted, she's not in it a lot but it works great. Some are really strong.

I was going to also suggest to the OP to get a better carrier. The Bjorn is hot and bad for your back. Not ideal for travel. I also could never nurse in it nor slide the baby in and out of any cribs or strollers while sleeping (it woke him up every time). Try a sling, Ergo, Mei Tai, pouch or wrap. They will also last much longer since the baby isn't suspended by its crotch.

hth!

Anyone ever seen or brought a jogging stroller on board? My 20mo son is very very tall. He won't ride in the umbrella style strollers long, won't nap in them at all.

A joggling stroller is a bit large for a cruise ship. They don't travel well and I don't think you should bring one.

At 20 months- most kids don't like to be in any stroller that much. Let the child walk around until they beg to sit in the stroller. My kids were in the umbrella strollers until they were three also. 20 month olds don't nap like babies. They definitely just crash and burn.

I bought my stroller of the internet for about $80. It's a Combi. It's very light-weight, reclines & has a sun shade. I think I got it from Babyuniverse.com.

We have a Combi also. You hit the big features, but our favorite is the shoulder strap. When the kid doesn't want to ride, it folds up and we just through it on our shoulder and go. Makes it a breeze going through the airport. It is funny, when she was born we were looking for the big heavy strollers; until we had to travel with it.

When we went to Disney past December, the first two nights, our daughter refused to sleep in new surroundings; at one point, she just climbed in the stroller and pasted out. She slept in two nights before switching to her bed.

A joggling stroller is a bit large for a cruise ship. They don't travel well and I don't think you should bring one.

I was considering a jogger because he's been waking at 5:30am and I was going to hustle him out of the suite for a morning walk so my husband and daughter could sleep in. I don't want to walk the jog track with an umbrella stroller and I can't expect him to walk with me for long (or in anyone else's way). We live 20 min from our port so we space is not so much of an issue getting it there. I need to buy a new stroller because none of ours have a sunshade.

Archived