Simple Question. Help would Be Appreciated

Hi

Someone asked on another thread (and I can't find it now!), how you can check online how full your next cruise is, what rooms are taken etc..etc... I know the answer will be dead simple, but, unfortunately so am I. Could anyone let me know how to get this information please?

Thanks,

Alan

Go on to a travel website like expedia.com or travelocity and pretend book a room. Those sites show all available rooms I believe where RCCL.com only shows a handful in each category.

Thanks Sue. I'll give that a try.....knowing my computer literacy, I'll end up with a double booking!

Alan

Just close the browser or tab after you see the rooms. Do not click anything that says, submit now, book now, or something similar. My guess is that if you do not put in a charge card number you are safe.:D

Go on to a travel website like expedia.com or travelocity and pretend book a room. Those sites show all available rooms I believe where RCCL.com only shows a handful in each category.

Another quick question. I was using Yahoo travel to try this. They are showing a Cat Q room where RCI's website says that catogory is not available. Does this probably mean that Yahoo pre-booked some rooms and they have rooms available that RCI would not, or is it more likely when the web sites were last updated?

Thanks.

It hasn't been my experience that any of the websites show all available rooms. As to the question of availability on the Yahoo site - just a guess, but some of the sites show availability until you get far enough along to pick an actual cabin, and then it says - sorry, no longer available.

I don't think there is any way that a non TA can know how full a ship is. I think a good indicator is the prices going up or down. Also, on the RC website, they will show 5 cabins in each cat., so when they only show a few, things must be getting tight - HOWEVER, it may be due to TA holds and not actual sales, and then things loosen up again after a TA release.

Non of those travel sites will show all available cabins, just like the crusielines.

It´s a business secret of each and any cruise line and non of them would tell how good their cruises are booked or not.

RCCL wouldn´t want to give such an easy clue to their competitors, just like they won´t tell RCCL.

Non of those travel sites will show all available cabins, just like the crusielines.

It´s a business secret of each and any cruise line and non of them would tell how good their cruises are booked or not.

RCCL wouldn´t want to give such an easy clue to their competitors, just like they won´t tell RCCL.

Agreed......travel sites only show up to 7 cabins per category. If you see less than 7, then thats all that is left to sell in that category.

If you want to know if a specific cabin is available, simply call RC direct and ask. ;)

I went to the web site 7 blue seas dot com last year. I pretended to book a cruise to see if the cabins next to me were booked and right up until the cruise, 2 cabins on either side of me were available. Of course please don't ask for instructions because I do not remember how I accomplished it? :rolleyes:

countdown.pl?name=Cruise_Lover&date=1-13-2008&image=Beach-2&text=Cruises and birthdays are matches made in heaven!&ship=Voyager of the Seas

Norwegian SUN - January 2007

Carnival Conquest - September 2005

Iv seen Category Q come and go on my cruise. There seems to be only one cabin left in Q, but sometimes they add a second one right across from the Q as a choice you are allowed.

I can click my cruise 6 times and half the time Q is not showing as available on the RCI site. Probably means its almost full or someone else is looking at the one cabin. Q category are those orange colored cabins you see all the way forward on the deck plans. There are a couple on several decks that are Qs.

Are you wanting one of these? I got the upgrade from Q when it was availabe last month to M, and a nice mid ship location.

Archived