Family JUST BACK from Azamara Journey--Rave Reviews

RCCLCARIB

Well, for those of you wondering, my family <mom and dad> arrived home safely today with a bunch of pictures and a good cruise experience on Azamara.

Being that they live in NYC, they plan on doing Azamara more often out of Cape Liberty.

Sorry that some of you think this is a company e-mail, but I was just sharing it to show how my family had a great experience while onboard. My Dad is a TA, so maybe that is why his e-mail was taken the wrong way by some of you.

Anyways, they were pleased and have spred the word to friends and are planning a "red hat society" cruise next year!!!

Thanks for letting me write this and share some good news about Azamara. Looking forward to sailing on this cruise line in the future.

[quote name=RCCLCARIB;10202234.

Being that they live in NYC' date=' they plan on doing Azamara more often out of Cape Liberty.

.[/quote]

Too bad Azamara will not be doing any cruises from Cape Liberty after Oct this year.

Too bad Azamara will not be doing any cruises from Cape Liberty after Oct this year.

They aren;t going to be doing Bermuda next year???

Oh well, maybe I won't be trying Azamara as soon as I thought.

Where are they taking Journey and Quest to next year??

I know Mom and Dad metioned Asia, but I though that would be in the Winter and then the ship would come back to the US.

Thanks for the tip.

They aren;t going to be doing Bermuda next year???

Oh well, maybe I won't be trying Azamara as soon as I thought.

Where are they taking Journey and Quest to next year??

I know Mom and Dad metioned Asia, but I though that would be in the Winter and then the ship would come back to the US.

Thanks for the tip.

Hi Rccl !

Journey and Quest will mainly be in Europe. Quest will also spend some time in Asia, and Journey will spend time in South America. It appears that Bermuda and the Caribbean will not be happening for Journey and Quest respectively in 2008 and into 2009. Of course, things can always change, but that is how it looks as of now.

[

Anyways, they were pleased and have spred the word to friends and are planning a "red hat society" cruise next year!!!

I hope they keep spreading the word! My mom was a red hat and she passed away last year (new's year day). And i try and keep up with what she did...........haaa........ not easy as all of you red hats know. So actually if you do plan something i would be interested and have a red hat.......LOL

We recently returned, the ship is still not ready, the painting and disorganization is every where. There is alot of miscommunications.

Don't expect if you have ordered anything in advance you will receive it, had to fight for it.

Butlers, a joke, never saw him, room was not clean, verendas dirty, no smoking, butts all over there, with screws and other materials.

Yes the food was the best we have every had, that they have down, but service, on a whole not very pleasant, doing there job and thats it.

Prime C was outstanding.

Entertainment and music, love opera or to be bored, you will enjoy it.

TV are terrible, phones don't work properly, had toilet problems.

In my opinion, it still needs alot of work if they are going to promote this as a high end product

it sounds like Azamara knew the ship wouldn't be anywhere near ready by the first sailing- I am astonished that they didn't just cancell that cruise and give the passengers money toward their travel and refund the cruise. Because now on sailing # 2 there are still many issues to be worked out.

I wonder if Celebrity didn't want these ships associated with the fleet for various reasons.

it sounds like Azamara knew the ship wouldn't be anywhere near ready by the first sailing- I am astonished that they didn't just cancell that cruise and give the passengers money toward their travel and refund the cruise. Because now on sailing # 2 there are still many issues to be worked out.

I wonder if Celebrity didn't want these ships associated with the fleet for various reasons.

Branding them differently is logical. Open seating dining. No formal evenings. No childrens programs. More limited smoking. More premium (we shall see). There is enough differerent to what one would expect on a Celebrity branded ship that I can see why they decided to create a seperate brand.

[quote=RCCLCARIB;10202234

Sorry that some of you think this is a company e-mail, but I was just sharing it to show how my family had a great experience while onboard. My Dad is a TA, so maybe that is why his e-mail was taken the wrong way by some of you.

Sorry about being cynical - its just the ONLY cruises you have ever been on according to your signature is RCCL - the parent company !

I for one am looking forward to mu cruise Saturday no matter what the conditions are like !!

Larry

I for one am looking forward to mu cruise Saturday no matter what the conditions are like !!

Larry

Good for you!!! Wish I was going too, reguardless of some people's pickyness. I think some, but not all, are now looking for things wrong that they would not have paid attention to on another past cruise. I now look for things I never noticed before, but did those things obsess me? NO. Did it affect my cruise? NO. Make the best of it and you'll have a great time!!:D

Larry

Good for you!!! Wish I was going too, reguardless of some people's pickyness. I think some, but not all, are now looking for things wrong that they would not have paid attention to on another past cruise. I now look for things I never noticed before, but did those things obsess me? NO. Did it affect my cruise? NO. Make the best of it and you'll have a great time!!:D

Well said RuthlessBoss,

You might want to join our roll? (We are all leaving with you this Saturday)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=439284&page=6

We have a pretty nice group and a very large "Connections Party" set up.

Enjoy!

Kel

so synical????

Dave:eek:

Call my cynical, but if you look at the poster's cruising history (including intimate knowledge of pre-inaugurals), posting history and what he/she has written in the past, along with the "bouquet of roses" original post, I would surmise that RCCLCARIB is an employee of the company.

That said, I'll be eagerly watching the Journey's and Azamara's overall progess over the next few months as I'm sailing on her this fall. If they're to be as good as they aspire to be, as good as Oceania or better, they have a ways to go. I hope they can achieve the lofty goals they've set for themselves.

I hope they keep spreading the word! My mom was a red hat and she passed away last year (new's year day). And i try and keep up with what she did...........haaa........ not easy as all of you red hats know. So actually if you do plan something i would be interested and have a red hat.......LOL

I will keep you up to date. I didn't know how popular the Red Hat Society was until I went to Savannah, Georgia, where they have more groups of the Red Hatters that you can imagine.

I think it is a great organization, especially when all the women get together and just have fun.

I am a little saddened by the fact that Azamara really won't be out of America next year, but maybe that is because they are still trying to create this sophisticated cruise line.

Does anyone know if there are any plans of adding to the fleet?? That would be an interesting conecpt. Also, why didn't Azamara allow enough dry-dock time to do what they needed to get the ship into first class shape??

Archived