Carnival the legend

cruisin1982

Our first cruise ever hope we made the right choice:)

we are going out of tampa on October 7, 2007 for our 25th wedding anniversary. We are staying on the Panorama deck. Are there any must do's and don't? Don't know if we would like to sit alone at dinner need help! Is the supper club worth it our TA said it wasn't. Does anyone know what we can expect the weather to be at that time of year should my wife bring a sweater/jacket we were hoping to sit out on the balcony and relax. Can we wear shorts in the nightclubs? Thanks for all of your help. I'm sure we will have more questions before we sail.

We celebrated our 25th anniversary on the Legend in December. If you click the link below by signature, you can read my review. The supper club is DEFINITELY worth it. It was an awesome experience with excellent food. When we booked it for the night of our anniversary, we were thinking it would probably be a one time thing for us because we were celebrating a special occasion. However, it was so well worth the money, I would absolutely go to the supper club on future cruises. The weather will be warm in October, but I always take a light sweater with me just in case I get chilly at night. Some people do change into shorts after dinner, and there is not really a dress code for the nightclubs/lounges.

we are going out of tampa on October 7, 2007 for our 25th wedding anniversary. We are staying on the Panorama deck. Are there any must do's and don't? Don't know if we would like to sit alone at dinner need help! Is the supper club worth it our TA said it wasn't. Does anyone know what we can expect the weather to be at that time of year should my wife bring a sweater/jacket we were hoping to sit out on the balcony and relax. Can we wear shorts in the nightclubs? Thanks for all of your help. I'm sure we will have more questions before we sail.

IMO, you made a great choice. The Legend is a great ship. We always sail in Oct or Nov, Weather is usually nice and warm but some of the inside spaces are cool. You can wear shorts anywhere on the ship except the dining room for dinner. There is nothing like ordering coffee in the morning from room service and sitting on your balcony. You will be hooked. Have a great anniversary

Just wanted to say "Happy Anniversary". We are celebrating our 25th next weekend on the Legend:) .

Hopefully we have made a good choice.

We and our close friends went to the Golden Fleece to celebrate our anniversary the first formal night. Don't listen to your TA. It was worth every penny.. They had the best filet we have ever tasted. The service was inpeccable. It was very nice. ;)

We were on the Legend April 15/07 out of Tampa for our honeymoon. It was our very first cruise, and we loved it!! The decor, the staff, the rooms, the activities, the food, everything! The supper club was worth it, and our favourite meal of the cruise. We stuffed ourselves. Here is the link to our photos from the Golden Fleece, including pictures of each plate:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2062&l=9af89&id=511702787

In the Truffles Dining room, we were seated at a table for two, and found it very intimate even though the room is so large!

If you like sushi, then I recommend visiting the sushi bar. Every day, they make 4 different items. It's great for trying things you'd never normally order.

I hope you have a great time, and enjoy your cruise!!

We were on the Legend April 15/07 out of Tampa for our honeymoon. It was our very first cruise, and we loved it!! The decor, the staff, the rooms, the activities, the food, everything! The supper club was worth it, and our favourite meal of the cruise. We stuffed ourselves. Here is the link to our photos from the Golden Fleece, including pictures of each plate:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2062&l=9af89&id=511702787

In the Truffles Dining room, we were seated at a table for two, and found it very intimate even though the room is so large!

If you like sushi, then I recommend visiting the sushi bar. Every day, they make 4 different items. It's great for trying things you'd never normally order.

I hope you have a great time, and enjoy your cruise!!

Congratulations!! Loved the pictures - can not wait until next week.

I was on the Legend last New Years and it was wonderful. :D My cabin was on the Verandah (sp) Deck aft (balcony cabin - number 7307). Click on the link in my signature for pictures and I will also give you the link ot my review.

Happy Anniversary and I hope you have a great cruise!! :D

My review: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=27668

Depending on your personal thermostat, you may find that you are not warm enough in the air-conditioned clubs in shorts. You will want a jacket or sweater for indoors and probably for outdoors as you may have a cool evening or two or you may want to go to a windier part of the ship at night to watch the stars away from the lights.

The Legend id our favorite ship (out of 6) so far. Have a wonderful time, and congratulations on your 25 years!

Cruisin1982

Unfortunaly we didn't get to Grand Cayman due to weather conditions.

Cozumel-We booked the Dolphin Swim and Snorkel (the most expensive one). Since this was our first cruise, we booked through Carnival. It was an amazing experience, but for the amount of $, we still felt like we didn't get enough time.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2041&l=51146&id=511702787

Belize-We planned on doing the cave tubing with an independant company, but my husband was too nervous that I might re-injure my back. We instead decided to go with the Altun Ha and Belize city Tour through Carnival. We did this one cause I'm a history buff, and I'd kick myself if we didn't go to some Mayan ruins. I didn't find the price too bad, and our guide Wilfredo was great, and seemed to actually take pride in his job. I'm glad I got to see some ruins, but I still regret not going cave tubing.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2061&l=141d9&id=511702787

Costa Maya-We just did our own thing, and went to Mahajual. All we wanted was a beach day. It was a really nice spot, great view, and there's a bunch of places you can do all-inclusive drinking at if that's your thing.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2063&l=9f8fd&id=511702787

If you want to know anything else, just let me know: jenhall78@yahoo.ca

Jen & Todd

Carnival Legend - April 15/07

Sensation - April 13/08

• 2 months later...

KTownGirl,

What is the name of the resort that you went to in Costa Maya. My wife and I are looking to do something similar to this when we go next month. Was the resort far from the pier? How much did they charge per person? Congrats on your wedding. Looks like you had a great time on your honeymoon.

KTowngirl

What is the name of the resort that you went to in Costa Maya. My wife and I are considering doing something like this when we visit there next month. How far is the resort from the pier and also how much did they charge per person. Congrats on your wedding. Looks like you guys had a great time on your honeymoon.

Archived