Permanent makeup

missyal

I'm over 60, and had lost the color in my brows and lashes. I have permanent liner,that make the lashes show up. (light, not heavy) and brows that compliment my hair. Like its been said, the end result depends on who and how it is done. I checked with my dermatologist before I finally did it. I would do mine again in a minute. People cannot believe it is permanent. I did not go to a tatoo place but a spa that specialized in the permanent cosmetics,where they were trained in the procedures. Mine is a mineral dye that will lighten over a period of 3-5 years and I have to have a touch up. That is fine with me as my coloring will probably change a bit. My top liner is brownish black and the bottom is taupe. It looks very natural.

Cost in Md. was $400 for liner including the 1 touch up and $400 for the brows including a touch up. I had a $50 coupon for each procedure so that helped. The first touch up was done in about 2 weeks to fill in any small places that might have been skipped or darken things if need be. The 3-5 year touch ups are half the original price.

Hope this helps

Anni

I turned 60 in January and so wanted to give myself a birthday present . . . permanent eyebrows . . . but I was chicken. I don't think I would ever have the liner done (much too close to my eyes) but I'd still like to have my brows done. Without make up on, my brows are so thin and light as to be non existant. Where does one go to get permanent brows?

I turned 60 in January and so wanted to give myself a birthday present . . . permanent eyebrows . . . but I was chicken. I don't think I would ever have the liner done (much too close to my eyes) but I'd still like to have my brows done. Without make up on, my brows are so thin and light as to be non existant. Where does one go to get permanent brows?

I called my dermatologist first and she recommended using people who had been trained by a certain method--can't remember now the specific name. It's so nice to wake up in the morning and have eyebrows and a very subtle liner. I had NO color at all in my brows and now the color is actually behind them so the brows show up better. Hope this makes sense. I live on the Eastern Shore and used someone recommended over here. The stylist who cuts my hair is the one who actually gave me the name of the person I used. She is a young lady (Late 20's) and she had the liner done,

Anni

I called my dermatologist first and she recommended using people who had been trained by a certain method--can't remember now the specific name. It's so nice to wake up in the morning and have eyebrows and a very subtle liner. I had NO color at all in my brows and now the color is actually behind them so the brows show up better. Hope this makes sense. I live on the Eastern Shore and used someone recommended over here. The stylist who cuts my hair is the one who actually gave me the name of the person I used. She is a young lady (Late 20's) and she had the liner done,

Anni

Anni, thanks! Think I'll check out a dermatologist (thank goodness you wrote that . . . I could never have spelled it . . . :p ) and see who she/he recommends. Scary but I really want to do it!

Anni, thanks! Think I'll check out a dermatologist (thank goodness you wrote that . . . I could never have spelled it . . . :p ) and see who she/he recommends. Scary but I really want to do it!

Good luck and let us know how things go.

Hugs

Anni

Has anyone had permanent makeup done? My MIL had her eyebrows and eyeliner done and she looks great. She said the brows hurt a bit and the lids weren't bad. I have an appointment for the eyeliner but I'm nervous. Does it hurt? Any good or bad stories to share? How much did you pay?

Thanks in advance.

Missyal

Make sure you really want this done to you. I love the idea but I have seen it when it fades and it looks awful. I never leave the house without make up so this would be perfect for me but I wouldn't do it.

Off topic here Ladycaveat...but did you ever get the lifestyle lift? If so how did it go...was it painful?

Missy...so sorry

No Missy . . . I sort of put it off until this fall. My house is on the market and I just bought a brand new house (they will break ground next week) which will go to settlement in September. Hopefully my house will sell by then but with the slow housing market . . . my fingers are crossed. Just didn't think it was the right time to worry about anything right now other than selling my house and getting into my new house. Besides, didn't want someone coming by while my face was in a "sling" . . . . tee hee!

Archived