Permanent makeup

missyal

Has anyone had permanent makeup done? My MIL had her eyebrows and eyeliner done and she looks great. She said the brows hurt a bit and the lids weren't bad. I have an appointment for the eyeliner but I'm nervous. Does it hurt? Any good or bad stories to share? How much did you pay?

Thanks in advance.

Missyal

My advice is MAKE SURE that you want it done before you do it.

I know that there are some days that I like the no eyeliner look or the heavier eyeliner look.

I talked to an older woman at the bar I work at and she had eyeliner tattooed on and she told me she had on absolutely NO make up. So, just the perm eyeliner. It looked real, but I mean you have to REALLY want to ALWAYS have that eyeliner on.

My best friend had both done. She was in horrible pain with the eyeliner, but it seems that was just because of the person doing it. We now go to a new skincare place that does it and I've spoken to about 15 people who have had liner done - everyone says it is fine!

I would love to have liner and lips done. I never like being without liner, and my lips are unevenly colored. Right now I'm paying for laser hair removal and for 8 sessions of skincare photo illumiation so I can't afford it yet. I'll try to find the list with prices on to post for you.

Also consider that as you age, your coloring will change. Your eyeliner could end up looking harsh on an older face. What looks great now may not look so great years from now.

Just a thought...

I'm over 60, and had lost the color in my brows and lashes. I have permanent liner,that make the lashes show up. (light, not heavy) and brows that compliment my hair. Like its been said, the end result depends on who and how it is done. I checked with my dermatologist before I finally did it. I would do mine again in a minute. People cannot believe it is permanent. I did not go to a tatoo place but a spa that specialized in the permanent cosmetics,where they were trained in the procedures. Mine is a mineral dye that will lighten over a period of 3-5 years and I have to have a touch up. That is fine with me as my coloring will probably change a bit. My top liner is brownish black and the bottom is taupe. It looks very natural.

Cost in Md. was $400 for liner including the 1 touch up and $400 for the brows including a touch up. I had a $50 coupon for each procedure so that helped. The first touch up was done in about 2 weeks to fill in any small places that might have been skipped or darken things if need be. The 3-5 year touch ups are half the original price.

Hope this helps

Anni

Thank you all for the responses! I have considered most of the points brought up. I am only doing the eye liner, no brows. So far, the work I have seen this woman do is very subtle and natural looking. It's more like the base of the lashes are darkened, not a dramatic thick line. She has excellent credentials and works in a plastic surgeon's office who is very well respected in our area. She also explained about the fading and touch ups that might be necessary..

I'll keep you posted.

Missyal

Has anyone had permanent makeup done? My MIL had her eyebrows and eyeliner done and she looks great. She said the brows hurt a bit and the lids weren't bad. I have an appointment for the eyeliner but I'm nervous. Does it hurt? Any good or bad stories to share? How much did you pay?

Thanks in advance.

Missyal

HI Missyal,

My mom had her eyebrows done. they actually tattoo the eyebrows on... She said it feels like a bad sunburn, it wasn't so bad. they crust up a bit and when the crust is gone (about a week or so), wualla, brand new flawless eyebrows!! She's had it done twice, it fades away with time... Good luck!

Ok, here is my 2 cents:

I have a friend who is a tattoo junkie, she decided if she tats up her body why not do permanent m-up. Well...she had a terrible allergic reaction to the ink on her eye (she had eyeliner and brows done) and it looked horrendous. Most of the ink came out and it is more of a dotted line now...she can laugh about it now, thank goodness, what other choice does she have! I know plenty of other women who have it done and I can tell you this:

1--I would never do it...I have seen some pretty bad brows and liner-jobs.

2--it definitely fades and color can change tone when it does.

3--ink color is so important, it is unreal how fake it can look if the color is not perfect. it really takes an expert to do this service.

I have seen some really great eyeliner tats and brows tats, but not enough to convince me to do it.

p.s. I work in the image industry, I get to see a lot of facial tattooing and perm m-up.

Good luck to all who choose this and more importantly, HAPPY CRUISING!!!

I would definitely have it done! I have blond brows and lashes. I look like I have NOT hair on my face and it looks strange! I would have trouble picking which style/color of liner I would need. I suppose if you go to the right place they help you figure that out.

Be careful because the tattooing tends to change with age! A friend of mine had her eyebrows done dark brown in her early 30's and now in her 50's they have changed to a navy blue.She now wishes she had not had it done because as she has aged her skin tones have lightened and the eyebrows are now too harsh.

I have a friend getting lip liner done next week.. I'm anxious to see how it turns out.. hmmmmmm

would I?.. dare I??... and what color...

Be careful because the tattooing tends to change with age! A friend of mine had her eyebrows done dark brown in her early 30's and now in her 50's they have changed to a navy blue.She now wishes she had not had it done because as she has aged her skin tones have lightened and the eyebrows are now too harsh.

This is exactly why the idea of permanent makeup really scares me. I think it can look great on some people in the present, but what about years down the road? I would not do it.

Hi All--I had to cancel my appt. for today due to my father passing away. So sad. I will reschedule in the next few weeks. I decided to do a lash enhancement instead of permanent eyeliner.

I'll keep you posted.

Missyal

Archived