CB balcony rooms on Riviera deck loud?

cadburysmom

Seeing how these are balcony rooms directly below the Lido deck, just wondering how much noise you can hear inside the staterooms. Seems like all that foot traffic and moving of pool chairs would be LOUD, yet these cabins seem to be in a higher price category.

Any opinions from those who've experienced these cabins onboard Caribbean Princess?

My husband and I just returned from a week on the CB. We stayed in a suite, which was fabulous, on the Riviera deck. The noise from midnight to 6AM was unbelieveably loud, to the point of not being able to sleep. Our suite was below SCOOPS, the ice cream parlor. It closed between 10-11 each night which was not an issue but the clean up and thoroughfare that the Lido deck is on, made it VERY NOISY. Yes, the convenience is there to other decks but we felt it was not a good price to pay for the lack of sleep.

We were in a Penthouse (r-411) last year on the CB, and the noise was there a bit during the day. It really didn't bother us, and never kept me awake at night, or bothered us while enjoying our Balcony. It never woke me up early, either. I would re-book in a Heartbeat.;)

Just take a look at the deck plans of what is above and below you and make sure its a passenger cabin instead of the dining room or pool area. We will never want to stay in certain cabins on the Riviera Deck again on the CB due to the scraping of chairs from the pool area and when we opened our balcony door we got an earful of the band instead of peace and quiet.

My husband and I just returned from a week on the CB. We stayed in a suite, which was fabulous, on the Riviera deck. The noise from midnight to 6AM was unbelieveably loud, to the point of not being able to sleep. Our suite was below SCOOPS, the ice cream parlor. It closed between 10-11 each night which was not an issue but the clean up and thoroughfare that the Lido deck is on, made it VERY NOISY. Yes, the convenience is there to other decks but we felt it was not a good price to pay for the lack of sleep.

Glad you liked the suite and location but so sorry you weren't able to sleep. Not being able to sleep would ruin the vacation for me. Thanks for your input. I will definitely keep it in mind.

And thanks to everyone else who posted. The location does seem great and I'm happy for those who weren't able to hear the noise and totally sympathize with those who could. This is will definitely help me chose my cabin for this summer's cruise.

Seeing how these are balcony rooms directly below the Lido deck, just wondering how much noise you can hear inside the staterooms. Seems like all that foot traffic and moving of pool chairs would be LOUD, yet these cabins seem to be in a higher price category.

Any opinions from those who've experienced these cabins onboard Caribbean Princess?

I've posted this before, and I'll continue with the same...

You will get differing advice. You will find some that report noise from the deck above, and others will not mention any. Some will report the noise as "no big deal."

We were in PH R402 December 2005, and I can most assuredly report that the noise will be a problem. People moving around during the day, kids running back and forth at night, crew cleaning the deck in the wee hours and then preparing the deck for use early in the morning. The chair scraping is present with all of these activities.

As I have stated in other posts, why risk a week of vacation on the chance that the noise may or may not bother you?

Pick another deck!

I have been on the CB three times. On our second sailing on the ship we were in stateroom R334. We did hear lots of scraping of the chairs and other noises from the Lido deck. It was next to impossible to take a 20 minute nap during the midday due to the noise. The cruise was still great, but since then I never book in a room under the pool area, or the buffet.

Of course everything was a convenient walk from that room, but after all that I ate, I think I better keep all of my staterooms a healthy walk from the buffet.:p

I've posted this before, and I'll continue with the same...

You will get differing advice. You will find some that report noise from the deck above, and others will not mention any. Some will report the noise as "no big deal."

We were in PH R402 December 2005, and I can most assuredly report that the noise will be a problem. People moving around during the day, kids running back and forth at night, crew cleaning the deck in the wee hours and then preparing the deck for use early in the morning. The chair scraping is present with all of these activities.

As I have stated in other posts, why risk a week of vacation on the chance that the noise may or may not bother you?

Pick another deck!

So sorry about the noise. And yes, I did just as you said. Looks like it's Baja for me! :D

I have been on the CB three times. On our second sailing on the ship we were in stateroom R334. We did hear lots of scraping of the chairs and other noises from the Lido deck. It was next to impossible to take a 20 minute nap during the midday due to the noise. The cruise was still great, but since then I never book in a room under the pool area, or the buffet.

Of course everything was a convenient walk from that room, but after all that I ate, I think I better keep all of my staterooms a healthy walk from the buffet.:p

I totally agree about being close to the buffet. Always had cabins near front of the ship before. Just hope having one near the rear doesn't add to MY rear ;)

We've sailed in R415 on the CB twice. There is some noise, but it never kept us awake or annoyed us. We generally sleep with the TV tuned to the navigation/weather/location station for"white noise" whenever we sail and always sleep very well.

The location of the CB penthouse category cabins is wonderful.

Archived