Loudest balcony cabin on Caribbean Princess?

cadburysmom

Hi,

I'm a light sleeper and am wondering what the loudest balcony cabins would be. I've sailed the Caribbean Princess before, always far forward, away from foot traffic and very quiet. Am considering an aft cabin for a change of pace or maybe even booking a "balcony guarantee" to save $$$ but don't want to get stuck with a noisy cabin. Of course the upside to booking a guarantee is you might get a much better cabin. ;)

Never heard anyone complain before about loud balcony cabins but a loud cabin would put a damper on my cruise and I'd be willing to pay more in order to assure I didn't get one.

So back to my question, anyone stayed in a noisy cabin on the Caribbean Princess and if so, which one was it??

Thanks!

I hear you, litterally. I am a very light sleeper and everything distracts me....

I've had to give up booking balconies because I found the noise from people around me on their decks late at night and the continual closing of patio doors kept waking me.

And I go to be late! I now bring ear plugs! And a couple glasses of wine don't hurt either. :p

Fresh off my first cruise on the CB last week, I was surprised by who much noise and shaking/vibrating there always was in the aft dining areas!

I'd have to figure all the aft rooms must suffer from the same annoying thumping and vibrating, presumably from the engine.

I happened to be in a forward cabin and never once felt or heard any noise like there was in the aft areas.

:)

I'm thinking your best bet would be to book a "Mid-Ship" cabin.:) I am a light sleeper, too, and take Tylenol PM with me on cruises, but usually, don't even remember to take one. Not to mention the fact that if I've had a drink or two, I don't want to mix. I probably sleep less on cruises than I do all year, no not probably-it's a fact. :p

I'm thinking your best bet would be to book a "Mid-Ship" cabin.:) I am a light sleeper, too, and take Tylenol PM with me on cruises, but usually, don't even remember to take one. Not to mention the fact that if I've had a drink or two, I don't want to mix. I probably sleep less on cruises than I do all year, no not probably-it's a fact. :p

I actually LOVE sleeping on cruises...rocking of ship puts me right to sleep.

But once, just once, I was in a bad cabin, with not only loud people next door but underneath a busy hallway...don't think I slept the whole time :(

Thanks to all for their input. I never thought about the aft having too much vibration so thank you NEW 2 CRUISIN for mentioning that.

And I totally agree, vickie_bernie, a few glasses of wine can work wonders;)

I find most of the intrusive, annoying noises come from the passageways. A location that is well forward or aft will minimize some of this noise. If you can, choose a location where there are no adjacent inside cabins, and that will help with the noise.

Forward or aft, you will get thruster noise that can easily jar you awake, on just about any ship.

The last time we did the balcony guarantee, we had Lido 312, which I certainly would not recommend for a light sleeper. The big door coming off the pool deck is opening and closing and would drive you nuts.

That said, its a very convenient room, to the spa, pool areas and horizon court. And elevator access wasn't bad either.

Hi,

I'm a light sleeper and am wondering what the loudest balcony cabins would be. I've sailed the Caribbean Princess before, always far forward, away from foot traffic and very quiet. Am considering an aft cabin for a change of pace or maybe even booking a "balcony guarantee" to save $$$ but don't want to get stuck with a noisy cabin. Of course the upside to booking a guarantee is you might get a much better cabin. ;)

Never heard anyone complain before about loud balcony cabins but a loud cabin would put a damper on my cruise and I'd be willing to pay more in order to assure I didn't get one.

So back to my question, anyone stayed in a noisy cabin on the Caribbean Princess and if so, which one was it??

Thanks!

Just returned from the CB. Suite C748 which is aft. Had no problem inside the room, HOWEVER, the very large deck was not easy to enjoy. There was a large air vent next to us the roared 24/7 making the use of the balcony hard. Couldn't hear what anyone was saying. Room was great, balcony not so great.:rolleyes:

Hi,

Thanks!

I too am a light sleeper but always book a balcony cabin. We have never had issues at all. We always book a specific cabin and make sure there is nothing above it or next to it other than other cabins. I also use ear plugs and take tylenol PM but don't usually have to take it. The motion of the ship rocks me to sleep and also minimizes my husband's snoring.

The last time we did the balcony guarantee, we had Lido 312, which I certainly would not recommend for a light sleeper. The big door coming off the pool deck is opening and closing and would drive you nuts.

That said, its a very convenient room...

We were "upgraded" (from our preferred Baja) to L306 that is basically in the same area you're describing. The door to our stateroom was adjacent to the aperture leading to stairs/lifts, and we could hear people heading out to Lido deck all hours of the day and night. The service elevator was also nearby on the other side of the alleyway.

I agree that it was convenient to the stairwell and Lido deck amenities.

We've specified NO upgrade since that experience.

Chris

I once fell asleep without removing the chocolate from my pillow. It wound up wedged in my ear, among other things. I guess that would work in a pinch but I don't recommend it! :)

Bwahahahhaahaaa! Too funny!

I just spit Diet Coke all over my keyboard. :p

Lady PI,

Just read your posting about the vent noise in aft of ship. Next year in October we are taking the Emerald Princess on a 19 day Mediterannean Transatlantic cruise. Our TA booked us what he thought was a terrific aft room. (B756). It is also located right next to that giant vent. My husband is prone to letting every mechanical noise in the world upset him. The water noise from the aft wake shouldn't be an issue, he also said any propellar noise would be okay, but a mechanical A/C, or kitchen vent would probably be another story.

Our TA wasn't aware of the issue and when I notified him, after reading a number of postings and seeing pictures of the aft of the Emerald, he called Princess. They claim there is no problem, that these are prime rooms, and that's why the majority of their suites are located in the aft. Our TA is trying to get another aft room away from the vent, but even though the cruise is well over a year away, there aren't any double aft rooms available, they do seem to be popular. (I'm not sure about mini suites or suites but I think they are out of our price range.)

So, in your opinion, the noise was so loud, it made the balcony unusable?

Our TA will be on the Emerald this October for a similiar cruise as ours next year. He is going to investigate what he can then, but should I make sure he keeps trying to change our room?

It will be our first cruise and it is 19 days long. If my DH is unhappy it may feel like 19 years and he may never want to cruise again.

Aloha,

sharonmae

Archived