Sky Suite 8049

cruzadict

We are booked suite 8049 for our upcoming cruise. Has anyone stayed in this suite and is it completly finished, has the balcony been completed yet. Have paid extra for a stateroom with balcony and would not be very pleased if we were unable to use it!!!

Marilyn

We are booked suite 8049 for our upcoming cruise. Has anyone stayed in this suite and is it completly finished, has the balcony been completed yet. Have paid extra for a stateroom with balcony and would not be very pleased if we were unable to use it!!!

Marilyn

Hi Cruz !

All Suites on Journey and Quest have balconies. I highly doubt you have anything to worry about. Enjoy your Cruise !

It is my understanding that the Sky Suites on deck 8 were all new modules recently installed when the Journey was in drydock. The only ones who can give you an accurate description of these new suites would be those who sailed since May 5th.

Thanks for replies. A previous post commented that even though their room had a balcony they were unable to us it as the door was kept locked and there was no balcony furniture!! Hope that it has now been rectified.

Marilyn

Hi, we were the guinea pigs in #8049 for the May 5th sailing. 3 of us.

Thats good news for you, because in spite of getting a free cruise,

we never let up on the staff. Initially we had a broken veranda,

leaking bathroom vanity, no telephone , no tv, no ice bucket, no

fruit etc etc. By the time our week was over, we had the whole

thing straightend out. We even had them install a dvd player in the room.

Only problem not resolved was an inconvenience but not a disaster.

They claimed that the 8th deck suites were designed to not receive shower curtains. However, it was imposssible not to flood the floor when u take a shower. The staff was the ones having to dry the floor and pick up all of the towels that we layed down, not us. All in all, our trip was wonderful, even the bad seas did not get any of us down.

Hi Imbiglou - Thanks very much for your feedback re 8049, most appreciated. We are going on the cruise with a positive attitude and I am sure that we will have a superb time. Thanks for sorting out the issues for us. Was there much noise in this cabin from the pool deck above and did they eventually bring you a shower curtain? Perhaps I'll take one in my suitcase!!

Hi, we were the guinea pigs in #8049 for the May 5th sailing. 3 of us.

Thats good news for you, because in spite of getting a free cruise,

we never let up on the staff. Initially we had a broken veranda,

leaking bathroom vanity, no telephone , no tv, no ice bucket, no

fruit etc etc. By the time our week was over, we had the whole

thing straightend out. We even had them install a dvd player in the room.

Only problem not resolved was an inconvenience but not a disaster.

They claimed that the 8th deck suites were designed to not receive shower curtains. However, it was imposssible not to flood the floor when u take a shower. The staff was the ones having to dry the floor and pick up all of the towels that we layed down, not us. All in all, our trip was wonderful, even the bad seas did not get any of us down.

Hi Imbiglou! Do you have any pictures of #8049? We will also be in that suite in September!

My mugsy - We will be travelling 2nd June so I will take some photographs of the cabin for you if you let me have your email address. Not too sure how to download them onto this site. Will also give you a truthful assessment of the cruise.

Marilyn

My mugsy - We will be travelling 2nd June so I will take some photographs of the cabin for you if you let me have your email address. Not too sure how to download them onto this site. Will also give you a truthful assessment of the cruise.

Marilyn

Marilyn that would be great if you could email the photos of the cabin to me! My email addres is mymugsy@hotmail.com. We look forward to your comments also!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP and thank you again!

- We will be travelling 2nd June so I will take some photographs of the cabin for you if you let me have your email address. Not too sure how to download them onto this site. Will also give you a truthful assessment of the cruise.Marilyn

Hi Cruzadict,

We're in cabin #8047 on the July 28th sailing.

I'll be anxious to hear your assessment of the sky suites on deck 8.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Mari:)

Anyone know if there is access to what appears to be some kind of observation area on deck 8 forward?

It looks like the Bridge area.......you cannot get there in any case

I stayed in 8035 and it was finished - sort of. Your suite should be. Our promised refrigerator never did appear. Balconies are fine. They were installing DVD's in suites the day before we left. You will be on the side that faces Front Street in Hamilton. Only problem we had with that is that Cafe Cairo across the street had their loud speakers facing the street at 2:30am. It was loud enough to wake us up. We complained to Guest Relations asking them to do something about it. One person just kind of shrugged. Another assured me that they were dealing with it, because there is to be no noise after midnight (not even on the ship).

Earlier posts have said that starboard side staterooms faced the open harbour in Hamilton, not the street. Is that incorrect? We are booked in #8045 on a later cruise and we are light sleepers!

On the May 19th cruise, the starboard cabins faced downtown Hamilton. The ship is "parked" this way to allow for an easy sailaway. One advantage we had in our starboard cabin was being able to view the Hamilton Heritage Day parade from our balcony. The only problem was the wind, which dropped the balcony temperature in the low 60's. Coats were needed. :)

Hi Imbiglou - Thanks very much for your feedback re 8049, most appreciated. We are going on the cruise with a positive attitude and I am sure that we will have a superb time. Thanks for sorting out the issues for us. Was there much noise in this cabin from the pool deck above and did they eventually bring you a shower curtain? Perhaps I'll take one in my suitcase!!

Hi again,

The shower curtain never showed up in week 1. As fro pool deck noise, the pool was closed all week. Never really a noise issue for us.

I do not have any pics of the room, sorry. There was a fridge in the room, but I think it was going to be the mini bar on future cruises. It was not stocked for week one, so we iused it as our fridge for the week.

I stayed in 8035 and it was finished - sort of. Your suite should be. Our promised refrigerator never did appear. Balconies are fine. They were installing DVD's in suites the day before we left. You will be on the side that faces Front Street in Hamilton. Only problem we had with that is that Cafe Cairo across the street had their loud speakers facing the street at 2:30am. It was loud enough to wake us up. We complained to Guest Relations asking them to do something about it. One person just kind of shrugged. Another assured me that they were dealing with it, because there is to be no noise after midnight (not even on the ship).

I agree with the noise problem from Cafe Cairo. Howver, of the three people in our room, I was the only one who heard the music. Have a nice trip!

Archived