Formal wear on the Miracle

rissahh

Hi everyone! I'm going on my first cruise this sunday (Miracle) + I was questioning what to wear for the formal nights; I was planning on wearing a nice black skirt + a peach dressyish tank top - is this too informal, I thought I was going to be fine but my fiance said he didn't think it was too formal - any thoughts? suggestions? Thanks in advance! :D

Hi everyone! I'm going on my first cruise this sunday (Miracle) + I was questioning what to wear for the formal nights; I was planning on wearing a nice black skirt + a peach dressyish tank top - is this too informal, I thought I was going to be fine but my fiance said he didn't think it was too formal - any thoughts? suggestions? Thanks in advance! :D

I'd say you'll be fine. But your first cruise? With your fiance???

I'd go for a really fancy cocktail dress and have some beautiful pictures taken.

Macy's is having a great sale this week ;)

You are going to see all stages of "formal" dress. But I'd go for a sexy beautiful dress. After all, that's the fun of formal night with your special guy.

Have a wonderful time!

I agree with MaryZ. We just came off the Miracle and you do see all sorts of formal dress from tux and long gowns to all other things. Women of course tend to be more dressed up than men and I saw many women dressed really nicely with boyfriends and fiance's. My DH and I really dressed up. You can get some beautiful pictures of you and your future husband so I'd go as dressy as you're comfortable doing. Make him look at you and go WOW!

I'd say you'll be fine. But your first cruise? With your fiance???

I'd go for a really fancy cocktail dress and have some beautiful pictures taken.

Macy's is having a great sale this week ;)

You are going to see all stages of "formal" dress. But I'd go for a sexy beautiful dress. After all, that's the fun of formal night with your special guy.

Have a wonderful time!

Thanks MaryZ; I'm not really a fancy cocktail dress kinda gal + I don't really have the figure for one as well. I'm not worried much about my fiance thinking it was too informal - I've been with him about 8 years + we are going with his whole family who aren't getting much more dressed up than me, niether is he for that matter. Much more comfortable in something free flowing + well.. comfortable! haha. Thank you for your insight though!

I agree with MaryZ. We just came off the Miracle and you do see all sorts of formal dress from tux and long gowns to all other things. Women of course tend to be more dressed up than men and I saw many women dressed really nicely with boyfriends and fiance's. My DH and I really dressed up. You can get some beautiful pictures of you and your future husband so I'd go as dressy as you're comfortable doing. Make him look at you and go WOW!

Thanks mprucha; I'll be honest - I haaate dressing up but I'll suffer. :p

Archived