Itineraries for Solstice class?

MacThespian

Has Celebrity even hinted at upcoming itineraries for the Solstice class ships? I haven't seen anything yet.

Thanks.

Hi Mac !

Nothing yet.... but if you connect the dots, it would seem that Solstice might be doing at least some 7 night Caribbean sailings out of Florida in Winter '08, as Celebrity currently has no ship doing this itinerary at that time (Millennium is headed to Australia in Winter '08). I'd be very surprised if Celebrity did not have a ship doing this itinerary out of Florida, and unless a ship gets redeployed, Solstice is the only option remaining. Stay tuned.

Hi Mac !

Nothing yet.... but if you connect the dots, it would seem that Solstice might be doing at least some 7 night Caribbean sailings out of Florida in Winter '08, as Celebrity currently has no ship doing this itinerary at that time (Millennium is headed to Australia in Winter '08). I'd be very surprised if Celebrity did not have a ship doing this itinerary out of Florida, and unless a ship gets redeployed, Solstice is the only option remaining. Stay tuned.

That does make sense. I'd forgotten about Millenium's heading down under. And while the Caribbean seems to be relatively weaker than it has been in some time, I'll bet that Solstice herself will draw some cruisers.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the ships was home ported in Europe, and another on the west coast.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the ships was home ported in Europe, and another on the west coast.

I don't think any of the main cruise companies keeps a ship in the Mediterranean during the winter rainy season.

I'm still hoping for a Solstice late-October early November Transatlantic followed by weekly Florida cruises split between East and West Caribbean itineraries as Century used to do.

Since this class can't use the canal, I doubt you will find one on the West Coast. Perhaps Mercury will find itself back in San Diego starting in 2009.

With two ships serving the Puerto Rico southern itineraries in 2008 perhaps Galaxy will be bumped by Equinox to Tampa to replace the former Zenith market in 2009.

Maybe she'll do a round the world cruise beginning with the Med in Europe, Suez Canal, all them oceans, Pacific to the tip of South Amerca, then up the Atlantic to the Caribbean. And back to Europe for Summer 2009.

I'm hoping that Celebrity will move one of their ships to Tampa. The Zentih used to sail from this port. It would be very convient for us. We are just 60 miles south of Tampa

I wouldn't hold my breath. There are limits to the size of ship that can fit under the bridge. I don't think any of the remaining X ships can make it. Tampa will need to upgrade their cruise facilities.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know WHEN they will release the itinerary info. We want to do a 7 day Caribbean in late 2008 but X has NOTHING. I'm furious that they have abandoned the Caribbean (or so it seems). We go back and forth between RCCL and X but X gives us NOTHING in OCtober/November. GRRRR :(

I would like a Celebrity Caribbean itinerary in August. That is really the only time that we can go, and it seems like more and more ships are moving to Europe and Mediterranean in the summer months! Maybe they will send a new ship to Caribbean?

When we were on the Infinity, we went to a listen to a speaker about future cruises. He said that the number one place to travel right now is the Caribbean/Bahamas, and then Europe is number two. It is wierd that he said that and Celebrity does not have any ships down there in the summer. I hope that one of the Solstice ships might do the Caribbean year round.

Does anyone know WHEN they will release the itinerary info. We want to do a 7 day Caribbean in late 2008 but X has NOTHING. I'm furious that they have abandoned the Caribbean (or so it seems). We go back and forth between RCCL and X but X gives us NOTHING in OCtober/November. GRRRR
Same here. I got so upset I gave up waiting and booked on the new Carnival Splendor in late 2008. They not only have Caribbean itineraries available for her while she's being built, they're also putting Thalasotherapy Pools in the spas of their new class of ships, along with spa staterooms and suites! That's another thing (spa T-Pools) Celebrity seems to be abandoning on their Century Class ships. Don't get me wrong... I still love Celebrity, but how can they expect me to book them with no itineraries in sight?!

Seeing as you're only 3 months (exactly) older than me, I can't let you use that excuse. ;) How about..... you're so excited about your Millie cruise you were distracted. Yah, that's it... that's the ticket! :D Happy cruising!

Badg - there are no 7 day itineraries for Carib in October/November and the first half of December. I really think they are missing the boat (so to speak) on that one. I have my fingers and toes crossed that Solstice will be doing the Ft Lauderdale route on a 7 day and covering those months.

I don't think any of the main cruise companies keeps a ship in the Mediterranean during the winter rainy season.

Not so true. I'm pretty sure MSC and Costa have ships there. AND...RCI has announced that Brilliance will remain there in winter of 2008/2009 with some very interesting itineraries:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do;jsessionid=0000WVZe0_jt-Bfxkaoq3gpQUui:10ktdmkdk?packageCode=BR10U007&sailDate=1090116&date=20091&selectedCurrencyCode=&promoType=

Carnival announced today the 2009 Spring and beyond itinerary for it's still-under-construction Splendor ship, and we still have NOTHING for Solstice in 2008! Mad.gif

(edit: Just saw the Solstice news thread after I posted this. Hope it's true. If so, the poster that said it might be released to coincide with the Summer Solstice will be right.)

Archived