Seven Seas Society Newsletter -- A MESS!!

JDRMYS

Has anyone else received their SS Society newsletter with multiple mistakes -- including an incomplete list of cruises? In my newsletter, 20+ days are missing.

I have received several 2007 newsletters, all incorrect, some of which belong to someone with my last name but whom I have never heard of. Futhermore, this stranger has my address and has supposedly taken her one and only cruise with me!!!!! I have also received a 3rd newsletter which shows only that one cruise which I supposedly took with the mystery lady. My partner, who has taken all of the same cruises that I have, has not received a new newsletter at all!

Regent had better get its act together!

Has anyone else received their SS Society newsletter with multiple mistakes -- including an incomplete list of cruises? In my newsletter, 20+ days are missing.

I have received several 2007 newsletters, all incorrect, some of which belong to someone with my last name but whom I have never heard of. Futhermore, this stranger has my address and has supposedly taken her one and only cruise with me!!!!! I have also received a 3rd newsletter which shows only that one cruise which I supposedly took with the mystery lady. My partner, who has taken all of the same cruises that I have, has not received a new newsletter at all!

Mine was correct but gee...with those sorts of mistakes about traveling partners --that could get some of us in big trouble with our significant others!!!

All kidding aside. Not so nice to think they are mixing up our records like that.

There was misinformatin on some excursion details also (Dover-Nice cruise). I telephoned with questions, and they acknowledged errors. Irresponsible copyediting on someone's part. (obviously no catastrophe)

I am not positive on this, but my feeling is that Regent has really ratcheted up the expensive marketing materials so overseas delivery is probably not going to happen or it is segregated to be only certain mailings.

Frankly, I receive more books, fold-outs, brochures, etc. from Regent than any other cruise line. (And I keep my business address separate from my Mariner address, so there is no question all of it is directed to me or my DW as past passengers.) It is almost to the point I want to say, "Give me a discount and don't send me the materials. I promise I will cruise Regent again!"

so overseas delivery is probably not going to happen ...........................

"Give me a discount and don't send me the materials. I promise I will cruise Regent again!"

:) :) :)

I don't understand why it should not happen. It would not be "overseas delivery" as Regent have a sizeable UK office in Southampton from where they make reservations, issue tickets and send brochures etc to UK customers.

There's lots I can't figure out. :confused:

I'm not in Regent's marketing department. If I was I would do it a whole lot different. I really don't think its marketing is doing it many favors, as its efforts overall seems to detract from, rather than support, a pretty good product. But that is JMHO. Others may see it differently.

I received my "Unique Discoveries" brochure today (5/24) with my Personal Account Summary. I also thought that they had left off some cruises, but it says: "Below is your most recent Seven Seas Society account activity. ... To view your full cruise history, visit the member web page ... "

The correct number of nights is listed on my brochure, but only the website has my full list of cruises.

-Don in Sacramento

I have not received anything from SS Society in probably a year or more.

Did not receive the unique dicoveries letter either. We have around a hundred nights on Regents and have not cruised with them in almost 3 years but have one booked in Oct.

Hope they have not forgotton us. Will try to find the member web page.

We seem to have been inundated by mail from Regent in the last week or so - something in three of the last five deliveries! We're definitely going again; to the Mediterranean in the fall of '08 if not before. But I wonder if the fare would be a little cheaper if they didn't send us so much glossy paper!

One thing I just learned is that if you respond to an email or update your Society info, etc. it may well trigger another mailing to you. So if you haven't done any of the foregoing, you probably aren't getting much info and if you have been doing it you are, like me, getting a lot.

A little birdy suggested you email RClarke@regentexperience.com. I am very confident she will quickly correct your situation. ;) :)

Nor me. Here in the UK we never seem to get the SS newsletter. One day, when I have some time to spare I will ask Regent "Why Not?"

We don't get them in Switzerland either. I asked Rose Clarke (who runs the SS Society) why not - apparently for the moment only US and Canadians will get them. I think this is too bad! We Europeans travel too, and everyone should be treated equally. I hope RSSC will reconsider.

Archived