Off cruise topics - digital pic question

HOLLYW

I just bought a digital camera for my upcoming cruise and I am now trying to figure out where to post my pictures on the web. Can anybody recommend a good site to use? It seems everybody on this board is so good w/ posting digital pictures! Shutterfly sounds good, but is it really?? I don't really want to pay a monthly fee. I just need a place to put the picture so people can view them and order copies. Thank you!!

I use shutterfly to post when I want to send pics to friends or relatives. They have the option to buy pictures if they want, and can upload an unlimited amount of pictures.

For the purpose of sharing with everyone, I use webshots. No fee for this, you are allowed several albums of 25 pictures each.

Here is the site to sign up

http://community.webshots.com/

Here are some of my pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/doctrd

Shutterfly

Imagestation

Webshots

All are good...Image and web offer premium memberships, but I think that imagestation is my choice. I print several pics per month, and they are great.

Shutterfly is great, but a little simple for my taste. It is relatively user-friendly, but it just seems so "foo-foo" to me.

At $19.99 per year (including 100 4x6's and a CD archive disc), the Gold plan at www.imagestation.com is the best deal out there.

Honestly, I use both Shutterfly and Imagestation, depending on what I am doing with the picture. Sometimes, I order a gift from Shutterfly, sometimes from imagestation.

I like the interfaces at imagestation and I like that it is sponsored by Sony: a respected dealer that I trust my pictures with. Shutterfly is affiliated with some great companies, too, but I just have found that I like imagestation better.

My advice, load the same album onto both mess around with it on both. See which you like better.

Thanks everybody!

Doctrd - Can pictures be purchased from webshots?

Meyerhaus - $20 a year for Imagestation isn't bad at all! And that price includes the printing of 100 4x6's? I don't like how you have to sign in to that site. I want to make it as easy as possible for people to look at the pictures.

I've been using Club Photo to share photos and buy prints. I've been very pleased with the quality of the prints and the speed of service. They usually have a sale every few months with prints as low as 17 cents each. I just have the free membership level. There are two different subscription (gold and platinum) with added benefits.

The downside to the free albums on Club Photo is that the photos are reduced in size. Here's a sample. I email the original files to friends and family who want them.

Archived