Hotel ? San Pedro

Bases5

I have read alot about hotels in the LA area and there has been great advice. I was looking on varies web sites and there is the Vagabon Inn very cheap. Its less than 1/2 mile from the pier and they offer a shuttle. They have breakfast also. We will not be getting in until 9:PM and leaving the next day so the hotel is not a big issue for us. I also know you get what you pay for. I just don't want to be in danger either. Your thoughts?

I have read alot about hotels in the LA area and there has been great advice. I was looking on varies web sites and there is the Vagabon Inn very cheap. Its less than 1/2 mile from the pier and they offer a shuttle. They have breakfast also. We will not be getting in until 9:PM and leaving the next day so the hotel is not a big issue for us. I also know you get what you pay for. I just don't want to be in danger either. Your thoughts?

I can't help you with the Vagabond but I can tell you that we are just home from a Monarch cruise and stayed at the Crowne Plaza which I had won on Priceline for $65 plus tax. We had a beautiful corner suite which overlooked the pier and the bedding was heavenly. It was a steal.

I can't help you with the Vagabond but I can tell you that we are just home from a Monarch cruise and stayed at the Crowne Plaza which I had won on Priceline for $65 plus tax. We had a beautiful corner suite which overlooked the pier and the bedding was heavenly. It was a steal.

I bid the same price for our Dec cruise and won. Thanks for the advice. Any trick getting the corner room?

We were just really friendly with the desk clerk - not sure if that's what did it or not. Told her we were really excited to be there etc. They were very, very attentive at that hotel. When she gave us the keys she had originally written 213 or 2 something on the envelope but sometime while we were talking and she was using the computer she changed it to 802 (I think.) We had also emailed the hotel a couple weeks before arriving to ask them to add our Priority Club number to the reservation for incidentals and to request one king bed/non-smoking room. They emailed us back confirming our requests. Not sure if any of that made a difference.

We were just really friendly with the desk clerk - not sure if that's what did it or not. Told her we were really excited to be there etc. They were very, very attentive at that hotel. When she gave us the keys she had originally written 213 or 2 something on the envelope but sometime while we were talking and she was using the computer she changed it to 802 (I think.) We had also emailed the hotel a couple weeks before arriving to ask them to add our Priority Club number to the reservation for incidentals and to request one king bed/non-smoking room. They emailed us back confirming our requests. Not sure if any of that made a difference.

Does the Crowne Plaza have an airport shuttle?? What star rating and location are they on priceline? Also a port shuttle? If not what are cab costs?

Ron

I have never been there but I have done some research, so I will try to answer.

In L.A. there is no hotel that offers both an airport and port shuttle. You get one or the other.

Yes the Crown Plaza has a port shuttle for free.

Taxis are about $50 or you can use Super shuttle for around $17 p.p. It kind of depends how many people are traveling.

When I went on priceline I bid for San Pedro and clicked the button for 3 stars. We put $65 dollars. You have to be ready to pay because you give your credit information before you bid. There is NO refund on bid’s thru priceline.

After I won I wondered if I could have bid less??? I think but I’m not sure, you only get one bid every 24 hours for a certain area.

Other things I have read is there is not a lot to see in San Pedro so if you’re staying more days then 1 maybe try Long Beach instead. ‘

I’m sure there are other out there that know better but this is what I have learned.

I have never been there but I have done some research, so I will try to answer.

In L.A. there is no hotel that offers both an airport and port shuttle. You get one or the other.

Yes the Crown Plaza has a port shuttle for free.

Taxis are about $50 or you can use Super shuttle for around $17 p.p. It kind of depends how many people are traveling.

When I went on priceline I bid for San Pedro and clicked the button for 3 stars. We put $65 dollars. You have to be ready to pay because you give your credit information before you bid. There is NO refund on bid’s thru priceline.

After I won I wondered if I could have bid less??? I think but I’m not sure, you only get one bid every 24 hours for a certain area.

Other things I have read is there is not a lot to see in San Pedro so if you’re staying more days then 1 maybe try Long Beach instead. ‘

I’m sure there are other out there that know better but this is what I have learned.

What is the supershuttle?? Can you get it at the airport as well as any of the hotels. Biddingfortravel.com does not list the Crowne Plaza as one of the Priceline properties?? We will only be staying one night pre and post cruise.

Ron

I found this post, maybe thats why.

"We are staying at Crowne Plaza, San Pedro, night of Aug 30, pre cruise. It was a Sheraton hotel at one time and supposed to be good. Only need a clean bed, feed, beer and nice shower, not in that order.!! Thence the next day boarding Regal on her epic last trip to Sydney.!!"

I just bid priceline this past Friday and won the Crown Plaza.

Go to www.supershuttle.com

I know you get it at the airport. And you can have them pick you up at the pier.

I could not book round trip on line do to the fact that it is not a true round trip. Airport to hotel then Pier to Airport so I just booked 2 one ways.

Ron,

Betterbidding.com is another site that lists Priceline wins and the Crowne Plaza is showing there. I actually tried three bids as there are some free rebid zones. Every reported win I saw was at $65. Tried $58, $63 and won on $65 so I don't think you'd get it for much cheaper.

We had checked on all the shuttles as well and that's why we ended up renting the car. As I said on another thread, Enterprise waived the drop fee for us so we had a nice car for $20 plus tax and you can actually return the car right at the Crowne Plaza or at the office across the street from the ships if it's a weekday. Plus, we wanted to do some sight seeing along the coast so it worked out well. Valet parking is only $8 at CP so it was definitely worth it.

No airport shuttle from Crowne Plaza.

Also, you'd be bidding 3 star, San Pedro area. I just looked at my post at betterbidding and realized there's only one free rebid zone (that can change - you have to research this.) Long Beach Airport is a free rebid zone because it has no 3 star or higher properties. I also didn't remember correctly how much I bid on my other bids as shown below. It's possible it might come up at $63 or $64 but it hasn't been reported yet. Here's the summary of my bids from betterbidding.

Needed a room for one night pre-cruise at the Port of Los Angeles.

Bid San Pedro 3* - $55 - rejected

Added Long Beach Airport - $60 - rejected

My husband signed into his account and bid:

San Pedro 3* - $62 - rejected

Added Long Beach Airport - $65 - accepted

Your Offer Price: $65.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Taxes & Fees: $16.77

Total: $81.77

Cruizer' date=' you should take some more pics -- get some other ships in there.[/quote']

I usually fly out on a Friday, meaning the only ships in port will be the Monarch and the Paradise. I will be flying out on a Saturday soon, which would allow me to get a good photo of the Princess ship, except it is in Alaska.

Archived