Venice Land Taxi question

Hello,

My husband and I are on the Med. Mille. cruise that ends in Venice. Our flight leaves at 10:05am, which means that we can't use the ship's transfers since they only take passengers with a departure time of 10:30am. I tried....

Anyway, I was told that we can take a land taxi at the port. Knowing us, we are going to have a lot of luggage, so we prefer land transportation.

For anyone that has arrived in Venice via cruise, was it hard to find a land taxi? Are there any taxis waiting outside for people getting off the ships? Or else, can we have someone there call for one?

Thanks!

Your best bet would be a water taxi. It'll run you about 100 Euro, but you can make reservations when you arrive in Venice the day before. Otherwise, there was a long line to get a reservation when we got off the ship.

A land taxi will take longer, and will only save you 20 - 30 Euro.

We did this cruise last year and you may really be pushing it to get to the airport in time. For just this reason and the fact that most flights leave very early out of Venice we stayed an extra day. It would be faster and easier to take a water taxi (and a lot less stressful). There were a lot of them waiting when we disembarked...it was 90 EU but it was wonderfully romantic and did not have to worry about our luggage.

It's interesting the way different ship lines handle this port. On the Golden Princess last summer they started transfers to the airport at 5:30 AM in the morning and ran them about every hour until 9:30.

As far as land taxis go you may find a link on the following site where you can reserve a taxi or some other form of land transportation that could meet you at the ship and get you to the airport.

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/planner/blp_venice_transportation.htm

Does your ship get in the same day you are flying out or the day before? I didn't know there were any cruises that arrived in Venice and unloaded passengers the same day.

Have a great next cruise and good luck with the transportation issues.

Hello,

My husband and I are on the Med. Mille. cruise that ends in Venice. Our flight leaves at 10:05am, which means that we can't use the ship's transfers since they only take passengers with a departure time of 10:30am. I tried....

Anyway, I was told that we can take a land taxi at the port. Knowing us, we are going to have a lot of luggage, so we prefer land transportation.

For anyone that has arrived in Venice via cruise, was it hard to find a land taxi? Are there any taxis waiting outside for people getting off the ships? Or else, can we have someone there call for one?

Thanks!

We hired a private driver and it worked out perfect-he was waiting at the luggage area for us in Mercedes van ( we had 4 people) for 2 they use Mercedes sedan.

http://www.venice-limousine.com/

Thank you all for the information!

Claudia F,

Thanks for the contact information. How were you able to arrange a time for the car to come and pic you up if you don't really know what time you are getting off the ship? I was told that I can't arrange a time until the first day of the cruise.

Thanks again!

How were you able to arrange a time for the car to come and pic you up if you don't really know what time you are getting off the ship?

I just got off the Millennium in Venice Aug 1, and can probably tell you what time you'll be able to get off of the ship. If you're Captain's Club Founders members, you can get off at 6:40 am (green luggage tags). People without a flight out of Venice that day, who have made there own arraingements were let off at 8:40. If you're not CC members, you should still be off the ship by 7:30.

The ship doesn't have to go through customs because the cruise originates and terminates within the EU. If you're nervious, you can make reservations when the ship arrives in Venice the day before the cruise ends. When you get your luggage tags, you be told exactly what time you'll be let off the ship.

I was on the same cruise as Chewmonkey. We received a little notice to fill out that asked what we were doing after the cruise. I wrote that we had a train to catch at 11:30am. We received baggage tags for the 6:20am disembarkation, and baggage tags for the 8:40am disembarkation! 6:20 was way too early to get to the train station, so we went with the 8:40. Something I did notice though, NO one checks to make sure you are really the color you say you are, so you could probably leave anytime you want!

I feel so much better now! Thank you for putting my fears to rest. I think what I may do is make my reservations for the car to pick me up at 7:30am and hope that I will be out by then. I can maybe try to email my mom from the ship so that if there is a change, she can call the company to let them know.

Thanks! =>

I feel so much better now! Thank you for putting my fears to rest. I think what I may do is make my reservations for the car to pick me up at 7:30am and hope that I will be out by then. I can maybe try to email my mom from the ship so that if there is a change, she can call the company to let them know.

Thanks! =>

If you have a 10 am flight ( you will need to be at the airport a couple hours before your flight anyways).. so leaving at 7:30 am is about right. You can tell them that should there be any time changes you will email them from the ship.

They were excellent replying very fast to emails..

If you have a 10 am flight ( you will need to be at the airport a couple hours before your flight anyways).. so leaving at 7:30 am is about right. You can tell them that should there be any time changes you will email them from the ship.

They were excellent replying very fast to emails..

Thanks ClaudiaF!

Have a great day!

Archived