Prinsendam Grand Voyage around Africa 73 days....3/11/2008

AWED23

But why am I still here?....FedEx shows our bags in Ft. Lauderdale, arriving at different times on seperate flights. I guess they traveled "Space Available" with only a C priority....Now I know how the enlisted men felt when travelling on leave.....The HAL site still shows lots of cabins available in most all catagories....Ciao Rob.:cool:

Know it's too late for this info, but I had posted earlier concerned whether I had enough time to do the USPS route for getting more pages. The passports came back in 2 1/2 weeks. So that was a sigh of relief. We don't hook up until Cape Town. I certainly wouldn't be ready before then.

Those of you leaving next week--save some food for us and good weather. Will be glad to get out of this weather--5 in of snow last night.

but I had posted earlier concerned whether I had enough time to do the USPS route for getting more pages. .

You did post. I forgot to thank you. Your earlier post got me to looking. We would probably be in deep you know what, because we didn't have near enough pages to take care of all 73 days. As a result, we sent them in and got them back some weeks ago. thanks again. :)

Is anyone getting the yellow fever shot for the Kenya 3 day safari? We don't leave until April8 from Cape Town. That would be the only place I would need it, I think. Just wonder if it is really necessary particularly if we don't go there. But I have to make an appointment soon. Please advise. What are the rest of you doing. Also the day trip to Lesotho?

Is anyone getting the yellow fever shot for the Kenya 3 day safari? We don't leave until April8 from Cape Town. That would be the only place I would need it, I think. Just wonder if it is really necessary particularly if we don't go there. But I have to make an appointment soon. Please advise. What are the rest of you doing. Also the day trip to Lesotho?
....By all means, get the yellow fever.....It is necessary in so many places and is so easy to have. I am sure you will continue to travel and the need for it comes up quite often. I would also reccomend you get Hep-B immunization.....Maybe Mikemo will weigh in on this with a professional opinion......Rob

We are on the Cape Town-Lisbon portion of the cruise. Is anyone interested in sharing private tours in these ports. I have done lots or research and find that the would be much more cost effective if we could some how get together.

Victoria, Seychelles

Malta

Tunisia

Cadiz to Seville Spain

I know many of you begin next Tuesday. I'm much later than usual planning because of various problems, even though I booked in September!

We'll be glad to get out of this snow!

Rena

Hi,

I'll also be ending in Capetown for a few days before flying back to Miami. I wasn't offered any tours or safaris, however. Could you tell me what tours you are going on? I'm a solo cruiser, been on many cruises, and really looking forward to this one...Evy

Evy,

We are taking the portion from Capetown to Lisbon, so I don't think we would be doing the same ports. Are you cruising from Ft. Lauderdale to Cape Town? I don't understand why you weren't offered any tours or safaris? Didn't Holland send you a cruise tour book?

i would be interested in hearing what you are considering for Malta. i board in Cape Town and get off in Lisbon...glad you got the yellow fever....i think it's required to like get on and off the ship and back in the country!!!!! i got the polio booster since we will be in areas where we may be exposed...i have a bunch of former military pals and they get shots for EVERYTHING so i got a bunch! sounds like we still get to go to Kenya so i am really getting excited!!!!

I have booked a tour for 2 with Malta Travelnet. (http://www.maltatravelnet.com) They have come highly recommended on these boards. We are taking the Malta Classic Tour, but with Hypogeum instead of the Hagar Qim Temple. Briefly, it is Valletta, Mdina Medieval City, Hypogeum and Marsaxlokk Fishing Village. You can check out their website for more details.

Got the malaria rx today. Trying to decide if I need the typhoid. I would think that all the cruise ship safari destinations would provide bottled water.

Those who are going from Ft. Lauderdale have already left and knowing they will enjoy their journey. Hope they leave some food for the rest of us!!!!

Sorry i misspelled your name!!!! i will check out the web site, sounds interesting....the place where i got my shots also stays in touch with the CDC and WHO and they recommended Hep A, Hep B, DPT and a polio booster, they didn't seem too concerned about typhoid and maleria pills are hard on some folks to take. i am also getting a script for Cipro (broad spectrum antibiotic)...everyone has plenty of bottled water....i learned in Egypt to even use it for brushing my teeth! i am getting excited!

Checked with health dept and we're going to get polio booster (because we can't remember back that far!) typhoid pills (good for 5 years), malaria, and yellow fever. We already have all the other stuff. We also got Cipro just as a precaution and hope we don't need it.

I still have a lot to do before we leave April 8--going early to Cape Town. Trying to get my father in assisted living and he is not cooperating. To move next week. He even went on a hunger strike last week. So I have my hands full (only child) and he is 4 1/2 hours away. If we can get off, and everything settles with him, we can relax. Still working on Spain/Cadiz tours and Lisbon. Finally went wait listed on Cadiz and the separate tour guides were out of sight in cost.

Rena

i am soooo not computer literate...you may be getting several replies.... your trip in Malta sounds way better than the one offered by HAL...would love to tag along if you are comfortable with that....i have found the tour but not proceeded to booking. Please be frank if you would prefer no strangers!!!! if you are comfortable with me joining you all, do i need a tour number or anything when i book it? I now it's the Malta Classic but do i need some magic assignment number?

good luck with your dad, i have similar issues here.

if you know anything about Safara, please let me know. just having there, i am not interested in any of HAL's offerings and there may be nothing close to the port!

I am posting my e-mail address so you can contact me personally. That way I can send you the information the tour company sent me in response to your question in Malta.

For Safaga, Egypt, we have booked Nile Blue tour.

Would you be interested in sharing in Tunisia. We are almost booked with Tunisiandiscoveries.com--The Sahara Experience. It would really reduce the cost if we could get 3 or more.

I went through the Prinsendam page (this will be our 2nd with them) and I noticed that you are going on the 2 night safari as a single supplement. Me too as my husband doesn't want to go.

We can discuss stuff. My e-mail is gerenahumtrav@gmail.com

Let me know and I'll respond back ASAP.

Rena

I know the majority have already started this cruise. My husband and I are joining in Cape Town. I have already booked the 2 night Masai Mari game drive in Kenya. My husband doesn't want to go on this shore excursion. I was wondering if another female would like to join and share the cost. It would save us each approximately $300. I don't snore or smoke. If you have already booked as a single, we could get that changed as we still have time. Rena

• 3 months later...

Archived