Booking Flights --- how far out?

No......not refundable. I could've gotten direct flights with Delta for a little less & that would have been MUCH easier with hubby in wheelchair! We paid around $900 for two.......the people that cruised with us got theirs for $250pp with new airline Spirit. They didn't have any problems. We didn't go that route because we prefer to get home earlier than they were. I believe their flight didn't leave San Juan til like 3pm & ours left at 11 am

Yes, i posted a mini review (compared to others) in the Destiny only file.

I can't wait to read your review. I hope it a beautiful night in Alabama as it is here in Kentucky.

I hate to ask so many questions but your return flight at 11:00 am, was there any problem or concern making this? We're probably will be flying back to Cincinnati (2 1/2 hours from home) and hope to make it back so as to make work on Monday.

I can't wait to read your review. I hope it a beautiful night in Alabama as it is here in Kentucky.

I hate to ask so many questions but your return flight at 11:00 am, was there any problem or concern making this? We're probably will be flying back to Cincinnati (2 1/2 hours from home) and hope to make it back so as to make work on Monday.

not asking too many questions! no problems making the flight! We got to the airport in plenty of time.....we walked around a little too much though & when we got to the security we were afraid we might miss our flight because the line was soooo long but they moved us to the front due to dh being in wheelchair. sooooo make sure you don't fiddle around once you get to airport like we did!!!

yes, it is a beautiful night! very hot though!

I leave Tuesday for SD for a conference for work, DH will fly out and meet me tried flying up to LA to meet him but cost was outrageous. Was told on this site that the drive was nice and would take just under 2hrs. Hope we make our flight back at 1:25pm:confused:

If everthing goes ok and you get off the ship early you should make it.

That would be 2 hours with no traffic. But it will on a Sunday so it won't be bad. Hope you have a great trip!

I just read an article in the paper regarding refunding of fares when they go down after they are purchased. Yes, there are some airlines who will do this, but American is not one of them. You would have to pay them for a ticket change (100.00) and then they might credit you for the difference. I was surprised as I had been told that they would do this, but this article specifically stated that AA does not do this.

What airlines do. All the ones I use charge a change fee, 50-100.

here is the link to my review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44544&page=355

so you don't have to sift through all the pages. e-mail me if you have any more questions.....

keller2@bellsouth.net

So, Pineview and all, you think the best strategy is to wait it our until a period between 200 and 120 days out?

This paid off for me all but once. In '05 when the gas prices first took off I waited till 4 months out for flight to Rome. The cost went up $30. Other wise it worked. But, I've never had a airline refund the difference as some are stating. That would be great! I asked once based on what I heard here but I had no luck.

Anyone have the airline change their flight (time)....ok that was a dumb question...I have booked flights to Long Beach for October..our original flight was to leave at 12:30 pm, I was checking our flight and they changed it to 4:30 pm......and our flight out of Long Beach now leaves later too....

Now if I would have wanted to change our flight times.....they would have charged me 50.00 to do so.....I would really like to have the earlier flight..they do have one that leaves at 2:30..should I call them and ask what's up with the change.

here is the link to my review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=44544&page=355

so you don't have to sift through all the pages. e-mail me if you have any more questions.....

keller2@bellsouth.net

Thanks so much. I just looked at your photo's and they were wonderful... I am looking forward to swimming with the sea turtles.

(Our last cruise pics are at: http://travel.webshots.com/album/557221435WcoHZU)

I'll take you up on your offer.:)

Anyone have the airline change their flight (time)....ok that was a dumb question...I have booked flights to Long Beach for October..our original flight was to leave at 12:30 pm, I was checking our flight and they changed it to 4:30 pm......and our flight out of Long Beach now leaves later too....

Now if I would have wanted to change our flight times.....they would have charged me 50.00 to do so.....I would really like to have the earlier flight..they do have one that leaves at 2:30..should I call them and ask what's up with the change.

Good Luck, we were originally leaving San Diego at 1:25 and arriving Raleigh Durham at 10:30p, our flight has been changed 3 times and now arriving RDU at 12:35am, might be really tired at work the next morning but at least it will be with a smile on my face remembering the cruise.

This paid off for me all but once. In '05 when the gas prices first took off I waited till 4 months out for flight to Rome. The cost went up $30. Other wise it worked. But, I've never had a airline refund the difference as some are stating. That would be great! I asked once based on what I heard here but I had no luck.

Thanks for the reply. You and everyone on the board have help me make great choices in the past.:)

I'm letting the DW make the airline reservations and I'm doing the hotel. I've told her to review this thread for all the suggestions.

Yes, definitely call the airline to see what other flights they have available for you. When they change your flight time significantly, they will change you to another available flight without a fee. Unfortunately, when it happened to me, there were no earlier flights so I ended up having to go a day earlier.

We booked our flights to San Juan for October about 3 weeks ago. I had been watching fares since January. Some airlines were starting to go up a little so we bought our tickets. We paid $436pp on Delta from Portland, Oregon with 1 stop in NY. It has already gone up $40. One thing I did keep an eye on was seating. As a plane fills, the price usually goes up. I know that some airlines will give you a credit on non-refundable tickets, to use on future travel, if your ticket price goes down.

Chris

Yes, definitely call the airline to see what other flights they have available for you. When they change your flight time significantly, they will change you to another available flight without a fee. Unfortunately, when it happened to me, there were no earlier flights so I ended up having to go a day earlier.

We are flying in a day early......but what really ticks me off is I had chosen my seats....for me and all of us in the group.....now it shows no assigned seats......grrrrrrr

I will call tomorrow and see what's up.

Thanks!

Thanks so much. I just looked at your photo's and they were wonderful... I am looking forward to swimming with the sea turtles.

(Our last cruise pics are at: http://travel.webshots.com/album/557221435WcoHZU)

I'll take you up on your offer.:)

Thanks for posting those photos! I was looking into the Miracle. Your daughters are just beautiful!!!! Maybe we can find something on the Miracle in the future. Right now I am looking forward to the Crown Princess! We saw her in San Juan and I have to say she is a beauty!!!

Another resource is Farecast (http://www.farecast.com), where you can put in your specifics (departure and return dates, etc) and it will give you an airfare predection of whether to Buy Now (because fares are likely to rise) or Wait (because fares are likely to drop). Their accuracy is supposedly 74.5%.

So is it delta that is changing everyones flights . They have done this a few times for our up coming trip.

Its a big pain in the ass but they did change it to meet our needs when we called them back about it .

I do not think I willbe flying delta after this trip , but do not have much choice as I do not like flying southwest as they do not assign seats and when you are a fammily or a group its nice to pick your seats and know that if you ahve to change planes you are still seating asa group

So is it delta that is changing everyones flights . They have done this a few times for our up coming trip.

Its a big pain in the ass but they did change it to meet our needs when we called them back about it .

I do not think I will be flying delta after this trip , but do not have much choice as I do not like flying southwest as they do not assign seats and when you are a fammily or a group its nice to pick your seats and know that if you ahve to change planes you are still seating asa group

It was Delta who I had booked my airfare through..I called them today and got everything straight with them, they put all of us on a earlier flight. Not a problem at all having them fix this for me and my cruise group...

A United 747 just lost Power in one Engine, Currently circling Dullies Airport. This plane was suppose to be heading to China.

Fred

I just turned on the news.

They were 30 minutes late for take off. did you see if maybe they were trying to correct a problem.

Just glad it happened when it did, instead of over the ocean, further into the flight.

I just turned on the news.

They were 30 minutes late for take off. did you see if maybe they were trying to correct a problem.

Just glad it happened when it did, instead of over the ocean, further into the flight.

They just landed safely because they still had 3 working engines.:confused:

Fred

Archived