Explorations Menu???

kathy_bc

Does anyone by chance have the Explorations Coffee Menu?

I thought I saw it somewhere, but I have searched and searched and haven't found it. Maybe I was imagining it??

thanks!

kathy

Kathy:

I don't have access to an Explorations Cafe menu either, but from memory I can tell you that it's very similar to a Starbucks cafe selection, with lattes, espressos, cappuccinos, hot chocolate, frozen coffee drinks, and gourmet teas, including chai. The prices are cheaper than Starbucks, running somewhere in the vicinity of $US 2-3, give or take a few cents, for most drinks. If you buy a drink, you get a free pastry, cookie or scone, or two:) .The coffee used is Terrafazzione, which used to be an independent brand, but now is owned by Starbucks:rolleyes:

Karin

I didn't see frappacinos on the menu (I love the caramel ones at Starbucks). Perhaps they can be special ordered, but I did not see a blender at the Explorations Cafe. I should have recommended them on the comment card.

If you are leaving from Seattle, don't forget to visit the first Starbucks store at Pikes Market before heading to the pier!

FYI: Frappucinos are a name-brand Starbucks item. I don't think Starbucks would allow any coffeehouse that's not an actual Starbucks to offer them. If they did, it would be under a license arrangement.

Other coffee places do serve blended iced coffee/espresso drinks, but they have to use that generic term, or their own brand name, for them; they can't call them Frappucinos, and of course they may or may not taste the same.

Which begs the question whether Explorations Cafe has an iced coffee/espresso drink of its own that is blended, as opposed to just chilled and poured over ice. Does anyone know?

I found a photo of an Oosterdam Windstar Cafe menu, which isn't exactly the same, but here's the link:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2783795300070910903eNJCNY

Hope this helps!

Note that the prices are so reasonable (and the coffee so good) that for most of the drinks, using the coffee card isn't cost-effective. I was getting double espressos with a card that was given to me and "losing money". I really love the Explorations cafe/library.

Archived