Carnival Liberty Thread - All The Info You Need Is In Here

kiffrig

Whoever comes back from the Liberty on the 7 day Eastern with stops in GT, HMC, St. Thomas and San Juan (not in that order), please post your capers or let me know and email them to me. It would be greatly appreciated!

I would be interested also. Have a great time!

Our ports of call will be Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and cozumel. I would like to know what excursions are the best or some info on your experiences at any of these ports. I know Dunns River Falls is a must do but I am kind of afraid to do it. Any thoughts on that? We dont go until October so I am trying to plan out our fun on the islands. Thanks for all your help and have great cruises!:cool:

Whoever comes back from the Liberty on the 7 day Eastern with stops in GT, HMC, St. Thomas and San Juan (not in that order), please post your capers or let me know and email them to me. It would be greatly appreciated!

I will be on that run in just 2 more days and I have a aft wrap to boot. I will get capers up when we get back because I know how it is to not find them..... I'll come back here with a link for those capers for you so keep a eye out....... WE LEAVE FOR THE LIBERTY IN JUST 2 MORE DAYZZZZZZ:D

I will be on that run in just 2 more days and I have a aft wrap to boot. I will get capers up when we get back because I know how it is to not find them..... I'll come back here with a link for those capers for you so keep a eye out....... WE LEAVE FOR THE LIBERTY IN JUST 2 MORE DAYZZZZZZ:D

FlyGrass...I will be looking for your review, we are doing this in two weeks with a group of fifty! Can't wait, especially would like to know about GT as we have never been there! Have a great, safe trip!

Incidently, I'm from Marrero and know a few people from your area! My dh's company has an office in Houma and I have family in the Thibodaux/Raceland area!

Great!! I will definitely be looking! Thanks and have one for me!

FLYGRASS........

I am also looking forward to your post when you return as I too will be on the Liberty in 2 weeks!!!!

KRUISIN' KIM.......

Can you believe it's 2 weeks away. I still have quite a bit to do!!!

Nice to see you on here....since our roll call has been really quiet.;)

Our ports of call will be Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and cozumel. I would like to know what excursions are the best or some info on your experiences at any of these ports. I know Dunns River Falls is a must do but I am kind of afraid to do it. Any thoughts on that? We dont go until October so I am trying to plan out our fun on the islands. Thanks for all your help and have great cruises!:cool:

read the port of calls board located on the main board.

Dunns River Falls.

Swimming with stingrays are musts for first time cruisers- much information can be found on the port of calls board for cheaper excursions with less people.

Much to do in Cozumel== reading all about cozumel will give you an indepth look at all there is to do.

Anyone sailing on October 25th???? I am counting down the days already. I am going nuts. Does anyone else go nuts counting down the days? Im on these boards every days finding out all kinds of good info before we go. I hope everyone has wonderful cruises and please take care of the Liberty for me. I will be in a aft cabin. WooHoo........:) :cool:

My wife and I are taking our first cruise on that date, same ship. Yea counting the days is a drag. I will busy all summer at the fire camps so I hope the time goes by fast. I have done the roll call thing and have gotten no responses this early but I am sure there will be a lot of people on this cruise. We have a balcony on deck 8.:cool:

We will be 1 deck below you on the empress deck aft balcony. Dont throw anything on our heads. HaHaHa!!! Have a great cruise.:)

I will just have you baiting my hooks as I fish overboard. We will look forward to meeting some new people. We are from Idaho.

can someone tell me which nights are formal?

thanks!

depends on which cruise you are doing.

We did the 6 nights and it was the second day-- (first sea day) and the next to the last day of getting off. monday & Thursday

You are sailin gon a saturday-- formatl nights will be SUnday and Thursday.

Can someone with access to the cruise calendar tell me which ports are tendered on the 7-day eastern itinerary leaving at the end of this month? I went to look tonight and it looks like they turned it into a subscription service. I only have one cruise planned for this year and did not want to pay for it. I hope I misread the site regarding that!

Also, how do you find out what pier/part of town we will be coming in to? I'm trying to figure out where we will be on these islands in relation to best beaches/shopping/activities. Knowing the pier area will be a help.

Anyone reading this just back from the eastern side (San Juan, St. Thomas, Grand Turk, HMC)? I'm having difficulty finding info on some of these ports. I've already been to "ports of call" but info is slow going down there!

I have the opportunity to get a balcony for more money of course, is it worth it?

:cool: :cool: I just love having a balcony to sit out on and have early morning coffee or late night nightcap or mid day brewski - hey just about any time. If you spend any length of time in your room it is really nice - I also prop the door open at night so I can hear the water. If it is only about $30-50 more then I would say go for it, any higher and I would consider what it is worth to you.:cool: :cool:

We are doing a B2B and have the choice between a 6000 (something) mid ship-near the glass elevators or a 7000 (something) AFT extended balcony. What would you do??? :rolleyes: Thanks.

We are going on the Liberty in April 2009 - My PVP thot i was nuts when I turned down an extended aft balcony on Empress for a side balcony - mid-ship on Upper (6359). The following are our reasons:

If you are at all prone to sea sickness, I would stick to mid-ship - lots more motion in the aft.

The aft balconies get a lot of sun whereas you are protected more on the side.

I'm told there is a lot of engine noise and diesel smell at the aft.

Yes, the balconies are deeper but not any wider (unless you get the wrap arounds), so they would still only sit 2 comfortably.

Mid-ship is easier to get around to whereever you are going.

It is all a matter of preference - some people swear by the aft balconies but we prefer the mid-ship side balcony.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your cruise - you will love the Liberty!! We just sailed her this past April (Room 6371) and are counting down the days until next April when we can sail her again!!:D

THANKS for posting this great information. =)

OK, before someone begins wondering just how bored I must have been to do this 'project', that was not the case at all. Had just finished a delicious and very filling meal at Harry's and decided to walk it off for a while. Went through all the passenger decks and made notes of what those blank spaces actually are on the deck plans. This was done this past week on Carnival Liberty, and I don't know if it matches up perfectly with all the other Conquest class ships, but my gut feeling is that it does. Here goes. . .

~

'Crew Only' area between 1262 & 1264, as well as 1263 & 1265

1278 next to 'Restricted Area' door

1279 across from Air Conditioning Station

1359 across from Launderette

1365 next to Electrical Locker

1372 & 1381 next to 'Crew Only' door

1394 & 1401 next to Pantry

1426 next to Staterom Steward Station

1435 Next to Housekeeping Storage

~

2290 & 2291 next to (or across from) Stateroom Steward Station

2314 & 2317 next to (or across from) Electrical Locker

2362 across from Printing Workshop

2367 across from Launderette

2370 across from Electrical Locker

2385 & 2411 next to Galley Electrical Substation

2402 next to Pantry

2436 next to Stateroom Steward Station

2439 next to Air Conditioning Station

Between 2233 & 2245 are Entertainment rooms

~

6201 & 6203 across from Computer Room

6202, 6204, & 6210 across from Video Broadcasting Center

6207 & 6208 across from Electrical Locker (and open into small hallway)

6272 & 6275 across from Pantry & Electrical Locker

6282 & 6285 across from Stateroom Steward Station

6354 & 6381 door open into small hallway

6360 across from Electrical Locker

6362 & 6366 across from (or next to) Engine Archives

6378 next to Air Conditioning Station

6380 across from 'Crew Only sliding door

6386 across from Electrical Locker

6387 across from Launderette

6388 across from Houskeeping Manager's Office

6411 across from Stateroom Steward Station

6451 next to Housekeeping Storage

6489 across from Air Conditioning Station

6451 is stated that it is next to a storage unit. but did you notice the room is closed off with a fire door?

before we took our first Liberty cruise many people were coming back reporting there were a soda/ice machine located there.

For our next Liberty cruise we booked 6443 for convenience only since sailing with a 18 month old. We heard nothing at all from this area.

DGP- sounds like you walked off a good meal eh?

anjoliza stated--I'm told there is a lot of engine noise and diesel smell at the aft. (after sailing a few times on the aft on different ships I have not once smelled diesel fuel.. or did we experience a lot of engine noise.

(considering the engines are a few decks under--- Conquest class ship balconies start on deck 6. You COULD experience a shuddering or a vibration but that only happens when you are pulling in or leaving a port.

Most of the cabins in the aft will feel that vibration- not just the cabins across the aft. Aft cabins COULD experience some soot. we have not yet== but we wipe stuff down before we use it and would not ever leave stuff out there over night.

BUT the afts are not for everyone. the cabins are all the same size. For me-- if i am paying the same price I want more so will take an aft balcony for more room on the balcony

Archived